Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Relax, this thing have got a purple hair, so its not technically a human.

But hairs are long! So she is only/at worst half-not-a-human. She is actually nice - probbaly only from a range.

Lol she is from Portland haha. I was right - keep your distance!

Last edited:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I'm not coping with this countdown. Infinitron and bataille, release the review now, now is the time. Not later. Now.

Hey there friend, thanks to my connections in Obsidian I was able to get access to the review. I won't spoiler the whole thing, but here is the opening paragraph.

Diso Elysium is a triumph of traditional Slavic modernism, an exploration of secular fundamentalist christian judaism and a celebration of post-structural pre-colonial Nietschean Marxism, I'm 14 and this is deep, give me brofists.

dukeofwhales

Cipher
But yes, so the stories go. Sadly I have no more than that at this time. More info in the upcoming days.
Well I certainly hope one of those things included would be an OST.

The website definitely used to claim there was a deluxe edition with soundtrack and art book, which seems to have disappeared. Whether that is a good or bad sign is up to you to interpret. From memory it did not mention deluxe edition price.

1setroI.png

Prime Junta

The website definitely used to claim there was a deluxe edition with soundtrack and art book, which seems to have disappeared. Whether that is a good or bad sign is up to you to interpret. From memory it did not mention deluxe edition price.

They used to have a publisher too. I suspect the somewhat unconventional launch may be related to them no longer having one. Whether that’s good or bad etc.

Apparently some youtubers are getting dinged by DMCA for the in-game music by British Sea Powers' record label.

They used to have a publisher too. I suspect the somewhat unconventional launch may be related to them no longer having one. Whether that’s good or bad etc.

When did they part ways with their publisher? Do you mean Humble Bundle or someone else?

Prime Junta

When did they part ways with their publisher? Do you mean Humble Bundle or someone else?

Not sure exactly when, but Steam lists them as their own publisher since a while now. There’s some wild speculation ITT earlier. I have no inside dope on this.

dukeofwhales

Cipher

I saw this only last week (which is why it's also still in the Google search result), so it's well separated from the split from Humble. But perhaps the website was just out of date.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Not sure exactly when, but Steam lists them as their own publisher since a while now. There’s some wild speculation ITT earlier. I have no inside dope on this.
Don't look at me, guys :shittydog:

The Humble Bundle guys finally figured out that the game wasn't in fact about Furries and dropped them in a heartbeat.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Prime Junta

P.S. you will need a community manager there. With a hazmat suit.

Post some juicy bits? I scanned through the titles and the only ones that caught my eye were the typical BUT WHAT IS AN RPG GAME kind of thing. Latro would feel right at home.

GewuerzKahn

Savant
P.S. you will need a community manager there. With a hazmat suit.

Post some juicy bits? I scanned through the titles and the only ones that caught my eye were the typical BUT WHAT IS AN RPG GAME kind of thing. Latro would feel right at home.
People don't get over the fact that this game is not fully voice acted.
Gamers are the worst.

Last edited:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
"I don't think you understand what "role-playing" means. By all means, make your own game the way you wish to make it. But kindly do not lie about your features, it wastes everyone's time."

actually i would prefer fully voiced as well.
You have not talked how deep you will go in the investigation? Will the forensic be very deep far deeper then any CSI games to date? [--]

I hope this is not some easy process but an exciting rewarding hardwork process. Like DNA could be temper with, change? The evidence has a time expire date like in real life, things can go wrong, you can convict the wrong person? These type of issues?

Can controversial scene naked, cursing, sex, etc be censored or avoided in the game? So the game can be played by more people who do not like these scene.

Most RPG games you can kill anyone but then the quest goes however what i have not seen is building reputation and relationship. And if you do kill or do something there is a chain effect that will occur. You do not just lose a quest or companion you create a chain of difficult events that will come to haunt you the minute it occurs. Maybe its not possible as then you will need AI in the game to counter your actions and take on different strategy technique to stop you.

I hope this game is half as amazing and ambitious as KENSHI (I've never played a RPG this good before and it just does everything different and takes risk) so I am hoping a few things from KENSHI kind of sneak their way in

youkaishoujo_myass.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom