Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Quillon

Arcane
Someone made a character build planner based on all informations from pre-release gameplay.

Its not 100% correct but its probably pretty close from what we gonna see in the final build.

https://nukesdragons.com/outer-worlds/character

When I saw leadership skills in the previews I thought they are just 2 skills that any character can easily get and they are just making a fuss about it for no reason by saying "a way to play" but it seems we'll really have to specialize according to this chargen
incline.png

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Someone made a character build planner based on all informations from pre-release gameplay.

Its not 100% correct but its probably pretty close from what we gonna see in the final build.

https://nukesdragons.com/outer-worlds/character

When I saw leadership skills in the previews I thought they are just 2 skills that any character can easily get and they are just making a fuss about it for no reason by saying "a way to play" but it seems we'll really have to specialize according to this chargen
incline.png

Yeah , i was kinda Eh about it too because Charisma heavy builds in FNV were more or less like this but didnt have much bonus and even without Charisma your companions were uber powerful. This in the other hand , really feel like a proper build/way to play.
Even so perks are around that build.
I gonna try Leadership build in my first run. (High Leadership , persuade and handguns.)

Also i wonder if the game gonna let you command your companions to do lockpicking and hacking or not.

Diggfinger

Arcane
Note to self

On 25th October 2019 (Year of Our Lord) I will:
- Download/install/play-the-shit-out-of Outer Worlds
- Propose to Sailor Woedica (or Sailor Woedica 2 ? Or both, screw it)

....wish me luck in my endeavors, dear brothers!

that's gonna be a lot of disappointments for one day man

Brothers, it is with pride on my voice that I can announce that my endeavors are proceeding at a healthy pace.
I have indeed just confirmed pre-purchase of teh HOLY PRODUCT using the secret HOLY ONLINE STORE.
Rejoice with me, my brethren, let us all bathe in this moment of glory!

Alas, my financials are thus greatly depleted. I fear I have little resource left for buying the young maiden a ring, as I must also save a few cents to ensure I can afford a few lumps of dry, moldy bread to carry me through teh HOLY NIGHT of Oct 25th (Year of Our Lord).
:negative:
Pray for me, dear comrades, adn let us hope that the Corporation will forgive any mishaps on my part, for I am but a lost citizen in search of the enlightenment promised by Cain & Boyarsky (Honor be thee Names, oh Holy Troika-CoFounders)

Danikas

Arcane
Note to self

On 25th October 2019 (Year of Our Lord) I will:
- Download/install/play-the-shit-out-of Outer Worlds
- Propose to Sailor Woedica (or Sailor Woedica 2 ? Or both, screw it)

....wish me luck in my endeavors, dear brothers!

that's gonna be a lot of disappointments for one day man

Brothers, it is with pride on my voice that I can announce that my endeavors are proceeding at a healthy pace.
I have indeed just confirmed pre-purchase of teh HOLY PRODUCT using the secret HOLY ONLINE STORE.
Rejoice with me, my brethren, let us all bathe in this moment of glory!

Alas, my financials are thus greatly depleted. I fear I have little resource left for buying the young maiden a ring, as I must also save a few cents to ensure I can afford a few lumps of dry, moldy bread to carry me through teh HOLY NIGHT of Oct 25th (Year of Our Lord).
:negative:
Pray for me, dear comrades, adn let us hope that the Corporation will forgive any mishaps on my part, for I am but a lost citizen in search of the enlightenment promised by Cain & Boyarsky (Honor be thee Names, oh Holy Troika-CoFounders)

REPENT HEATHEN.

Trashos

Arcane
Oh, this is the thread where we can talk about the game, unless we comment on its SJW content, in which case the posts are moved to the buried forum, right?

Good job, mods.

EDIT:
Since I see people wondering what I am talking about: One of my posts was moved, as usual.

Last edited:

just

Liturgist
Oh, this is the thread where we can talk about the game, unless we comment on its SJW content, in which case the posts are moved to the buried forum, right?

Good job, mods.

EDIT:
Since I see people wondering what I am talking about: One of my posts was moved, as usual.
theres a hidden sjw forum? oh boy i didnt get the memo who do i have to blow to get in? i can deepthroat btw

Modron

Arcane
Where do the people who pay 1 dollar for an xgp for one month to play it fall on that spectrum fanta?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
We shall see which codexers are the epic cucks and which are prestigious one eyed bastards! :smug:
Can someone post that screenshot where the guy has got 30 or 40 steam friends from the codex and 90% of them are playing Fallout 3 on release?

Everyone here is a cuck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom