Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

razvedchiki

Erudite
best choice is dex slayer with ecb,that way i can use shatter defences.
dual wield wastes many feats and i dont hit anything in hard

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, with Shatter Defenses she can :P

...even Greater Invisibility will do vs a lot of enemies.

For serious aoe sneak nuking with Surprise Spells there's also Impromptu Sneak Attack.

Delterius

Arcane
with mods that change flanking rules and sneak attacks to how they work in pnp is octavia still worth it,since she cant auto sneak attack anymore.
Well, of course. The Arcane Trickster comes from tabletop, after all.

You'll want to open your rounds with a free sneak attack and then see if Octavia's okay initiative scored a surprise round against one of your foes. Given you'll have 95% of the spellcasting progression of a wizard you can still pull the same tricks to score extra sneak attacks via spells like Greater Invisibility and Glitterdust. You'll eventually get free Greater Invisibility rounds via the Trickster and remember that Surprise Spells make for a great opener as well.

Also free impromptu sneak attack starting on 3rd level AT.

Plus, Octavia is pretty much a wizard with all the same spells as always but the benefit of being able to contribute something to trash fights as well as acting as the party skillmonkey.

Give Amiri, Jaethal and Regongar some reach weapons so they are constantly setting up sneak attacks for the party. Shouldn't be too difficult even with the flanking mod.

I assume you can also grab Shatter Defenses via weapon focus: ray and sometimes even make use of Octavia's bullshit charisma modifier via Dazzling Display.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Octavia is not a person to waste rounds on for dazzling display, at least not in battles where it matters.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Jubi is not bad, of course. And he can share his Shield Extract with others. But I find mages much more interesting and potent CC and general damage-wise (except Fast Bomb spam - which is a limited resource however).
Of course, when you just want to spam a big nasty with Force bombs, he's your man. But I find that playstyle rather rotten. And generally not necessary.

ArchAngel

Arcane
When I use Jubi in my party I always either don't pick up force bombs or fast bombs, depending on how I feel in that play through. Having both makes the game too easy.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I haven't used it either on my unfair runs. To be frank, they do have a point. It IS effective.
When it is that obvious, then the term you are looking for is "overpowered".
lol.
Have you not played the game? There are countless things that are "overpowered". Huge difference between effective and overpowered... The fact that I can complete the game without it, means that I don't need it. I simply acknowledged that it is effective, if you build for it.
I know there are. The numbers bloat is something that I have very little time for, unless it is a JRPG, but that is because the numbers bloat actually means something in a JRPG. In DnD 3.5, numbers bloat merely wreck game balance and is simply retarded.

They mean something here too. They mean your +50 attack bonus can hit +45AC mobs.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
With slayer, you're getting bonus feats (slayer talents) every two levels. That, plus not having to be dex-based, goes a long way.
Yes but to reliably hit with both weapons you need 3 feats which could be used otherwise.
What weapons are you using?

Good hope, Inspire Courage, Freebooter’s Bond, Freebooter’s Bane, Dirge of Doom, Archon’s Aura, Studied Target.

Desiderius

Patron
When I use Jubi in my party I always either don't pick up force bombs or fast bombs, depending on how I feel in that play through. Having both makes the game too easy.

I’m on neither and it’s great. Fast Bombs burn too fast anyway. Curse Bombs FTW.

Desiderius

Patron
Jubi is not bad, of course. And he can share his Shield Extract with others. But I find mages much more interesting and potent CC and general damage-wise (except Fast Bomb spam - which is a limited resource however).
Of course, when you just want to spam a big nasty with Force bombs, he's your man. But I find that playstyle rather rotten. And generally not necessary.

It’s not Shield, it’s Echolocation.

Desiderius

Patron
I've played both dual wielding DEX Slayers with kukri (STR version with scimitars or falcatas could be interesting too) and 2-handed STR Slayer with Fauchard/Greataxe.

Slayer 16 + Rogue 4 is nuts either way.

Yep. Ranged engages new targets mid-full attack.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

That's cute also if you don't have it on your list, I suppose. But you use Shield almost from the start of the game.

Desiderius

Patron

That's cute also if you don't have it on your list, I suppose. But you use Shield almost from the start of the game.

Okbo doesn’t have a list. Nor can he get Blindfight. Okbo is really Jub's companion.

Echo is personal. Also max Barkskins, and yeah Shield is huge for two-hander and dual-wield survivability. He handles 70% of buffing so other toons can go on O. His O is fine without spells.

Tanglefoot, Blinding, and Curse Bombs.

It’s hard for me to give up the Technic Hideout Gadget.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Pummeling Style bypasses DR and gets free Trip and Pounce with Flurry.

What are you disagreeing with here, Kit?
Pummeling strike does not bypass DR. Also, the trip is good, but not that great. I hope you have some ridiculous bonuses to make it work. A tripper build is not all that powerful in most of the game as the defences are inflated.

Um, yes it does. That’s what it’s for. Clustered Shots style, which works well with Flurry of Blows. I do in fact have some ridiculous bonuses. Everyone should.

Trip Roll with Mass True Strike.jpg

Here's Pummeling Style reducing DR (from a test of that ability on Normal difficulty):

PummelingStyleWorking.jpg

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
The only ability that really ignores DR is, guess what? Smite evil. ,

Look at the picture. Her first attack says (reduced), her second attack doesn't. That's what it does.

Keep sniping, keep being wrong.

Desiderius

Patron
I'm sure you enjoy your parrot collection Kit but the grownups are trying to have a conversation. Maybe take them up to your room.

Anyway, the best use of Pummeling style is as a backrow assassin. You use Pummeling Charge to Trip then abuse soft targets to prevent them from getting ranged attacks/spells off. Alternatively you can go after heavily armored targets since armor doesn't effect CMD.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Or you can use crane style and improved trip.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom