Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Vegas mods

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I literally was watching this before I fired up the 'dex. What the actual fuck.

Quillon

Arcane
He made Yes-Man throw General Kimball off Hoover Dam. What the actual fuck.

Still learning new stuff about NV, RPG GOAT!

passerby

Arcane
Bullshit, it was as intentional as green tint in F3 and enforced by Bethesda most likely.

Unused weather entry didn't had color tint value, because it was unused.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i never played this game because i couldn't stand the dog piss Bethesda visuals, so i meticulously followed this extensive guide:

https://vivanewvegas.github.io/index.html

I'm not in the habit of heavily modding a game i never played, but i had to do something to try to fix the Bethesdasness plaguing this thing. The result is that the game no longer looks like dog piss, it looks like dog shit instead!

Fucking hell there's no fixing this Fagbryo shit.

At any rate, i can't fucking believe the complete overkill that is modding those games. In most games, you have one texture mod that takes care of the whole game, here, you have to install individual mods like better looking news papers (le fuck?) or transparent bottles. I mean, good god, why not integrate that shit into one giant visual overall so i don't have to LARP being a dev trying to finish this garbage on behalf of Todd Howard?

And god forbid you make a mistake through the process.

Last edited:

Butter

Arcane
Patron
So i never played this game because i couldn't stand the dog piss Bethesda visuals, so i meticulously followed this extensive guide:

I'm not in the habit of heavily modding a game i never played, but i had to do something to try to fix the Bethesdasness plaguing this thing. The result is that the game no longer looks like dog piss, it looks like dog shit instead!

At any rate, i can't fucking believe the complete overkill that is modding those games. In most games, you have one texture mod that takes care of the whole game, here, you have to install individual mods like better looking news papers (le fuck?) or transparent bottles. I mean, good god, why not integrate that shit into one giant visual overall so i don't have to LARP being a dev trying to finish this garbage on behalf of Todd Howard?

Just don't be a graphicfag. The only things in New Vegas that truly need replacing are NPC faces.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I'm not a graphic fag, but Bethesda visuals are off putting for me in a way few games are. They are so bad even mods can't seem to fix them.

Comte

Whats the best darker nights mod for this?
Its the only thing I want to mod.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
You don't want to take out the piss filter? With darker nights you'd end up with diarrhea brown during night scenes.

Piotrovitz

Savant
Yo, I'm having NV withdrawals and just started another run.
I'm kind of a purist, so the only mods that I ever use are weapon retexture and project nevada for balance and QoL features.

The point is, even on hardcore/VH, the game gets piss easy too fast - on my last run with semi-crit build + grunt weapons I just wrecked shit left and right by mid game with that gun/paciencia/ALSiD and hand loader ammo. That was on 50% (later on 66%) xp gain mind you.

Are there any proper difficulty mods out there? I'm thinking about something in line of economy rebalance.

Regardless of how much FO3 sucked, it had awesome wanderers edition mod, which took ammo and caps scarcity to whole new level. With low barter you couldn't afford shit, and most enemies dropped less bullets than it took to kill them. With such shortage you just had to carry bunch of weapons of each type, otherwise you were fucked. This gave a nice survival vibe and made this garbage of a game semi-enjoybable.

Anything similar for NV?

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I'm kind of a purist, so the only mods that I ever use are weapon retexture and project nevada for balance and QoL features.

The point is, even on hardcore/VH, the game gets piss easy too fast - on my last run with semi-crit build + grunt weapons I just wrecked shit left and right by mid game with that gun/paciencia/ALSiD and hand loader ammo. That was on 50% (later on 66%) xp gain mind you.

Are there any proper difficulty mods out there? I'm thinking about something in line of economy rebalance.

Regardless of how much FO3 sucked, it had awesome wanderers edition mod, which took ammo and caps scarcity to whole new level. With low barter you couldn't afford shit, and most enemies dropped less bullets than it took to kill them. With such shortage you just had to carry bunch of weapons of each type, otherwise you were fucked. This gave a nice survival vibe and made this garbage of a game semi-enjoybable.

Anything similar for NV?
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58762

I haven't tested this extensively.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I'm not a graphic fag, but Bethesda visuals are off putting for me in a way few games are. They are so bad even mods can't seem to fix them.

I agree, I was getting the itch until I remember how extremely ugly everything is. And I am not a graphic person at all. The game just aged very badly aesthetically wise. Looking at it is a chore by itself.

razvedchiki

Erudite
Im having sttuter issues when new cells are loading,running a quite large collection of various mods.
It gets from 60 to 35-40 fps for 1-2 secs.
Using all the good performance mods and tweaks.
Running on a i59300h with 1660ti and an ssd.

Risewild

Arbiter

Anything similar for NV?
You could try BLEED. It's not an Economy rebalance mod, but it's a damage overhaul. It will make it so kill and be killed requires less hits. Making it harder to survive combat.

Drax

Arcane

Meh, Ojobueno/Pocobueno, and some light ENB if you want. That's about it unless you want to go full autist and replace every pebble with 4K AI-enhanced VR mods.
And the nude mod with the bushy bush for them dirty junkies.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is there any Codex-Approved(TM) perk mod? There seem to be many potential perks missing from this game, and many builds leave me at later levels with slim pickings. That and there's fucking retarded perks like "Here and now" or perks that increase exp gains. Most perk mods I looked at on the nexus seem to have terrible design sensibilities.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Is there any Codex-Approved(TM) perk mod? There seem to be many potential perks missing from this game, and many builds leave me at later levels with slim pickings. That and there's fucking retarded perks like "Here and now" or perks that increase exp gains. Most perk mods I looked at on the nexus seem to have terrible design sensibilities.
I'll happily plug my own mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/65759

It's a combination of new perks, reworked existing perks, and rebalancing some others.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom