Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Or you can use crane style and improved trip.

You can and should use Improved (Greater?) Trip with any Style unless I'm missing something.

Pounce is OP and DR bypass on iterative attacks is at it's best with Flurry of Blows. For goodness sake you've got four monks, you can spare one for offense if for nothing else than for some variety.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Or you can use crane style and improved trip.

You can and should use Improved (Greater?) Trip with any Style unless I'm missing something.

Pounce is OP and DR bypass on iterative attacks is at it's best with Flurry of Blows. For goodness sake you've got four monks, you can spare one for offense if for nothing else than for some variety.
Nah, I am going 4 crane style monks HAHAHAHA :D
And I am playing on TB so pounce is less important. And for DR unarmed fists bypass all DR eventually anyways.
I like more the flurry style that gives me 2x damage on first attack.

Desiderius

Patron
What do you mean Pounce less important Turn Based? You meant more important, right?

Pretty sure you and I are the only ones who’ve noticed the difference, Hap. Their melee toons get their full attacks in more often because their mobs live longer.

Marcos on Steam was saying the game is also letting people use their move action during surprise round so they’re in position for first round full attack if they have enough range. Pounce still should give you an additional full attack on top of that, but the real benefit is during subsequent rounds.

If you’ve ever played a Smilodon you know the feeling. That’s Pounce.

razvedchiki

Erudite
Im trying the turn base mod with my new playthrough and sometimes it adds to the difficulty compared to real time,my melees can just run up to the mob and start smacking but in turnnbase sometimes they cant close the distance in 1 turn.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Lol, I'm currently playing DOS 2.. Turn based is a slog to get through. Encounters that would have taken me seconds to get through on Pathfinder, are taking me minutes on DOS 2. Everything is soooooo fucking slow. Pray tell, why does RTWP get shitted on again?
I honestly don't feel that Turn based adds any depth at all, and if it does, it's completely subjective.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Maybe if the game was made around turn based with less trash fights it would better.

D:OS2 was good fun but ultimately the turn-taking regardless of initiative was a deal-breaker. That and having to summon your freaking pet, using source no less.

As for P:K 30% less trash would lessen the time pressure that generates complaints - if you only have time for one play through then people hate to miss out on anything ever.

ArchAngel

Arcane
What do you mean Pounce less important Turn Based? You meant more important, right?

Pretty sure you and I are the only ones who’ve noticed the difference, Hap. Their melee toons get their full attacks in more often because their mobs live longer.

Marcos on Steam was saying the game is also letting people use their move action during surprise round so they’re in position for first round full attack if they have enough range. Pounce still should give you an additional full attack on top of that, but the real benefit is during subsequent rounds.

I don't need pounce to get full attacks in turn based. I just click delay button and choose to act after the enemy that does double move to my guys and not attack. Now I got a full attack without -2 to AC, without my charge being blocked by random shit and not have one guy alone and out of formation.
Instead I got enemy next to my melees with outflank ready to destroy that fool.

Desiderius

Patron

I don't need pounce to get full attacks in turn based. I just click delay button and choose to act after the enemy that does double move to my guys and not attack. Now I got a full attack without -2 to AC, without my charge being blocked by random shit and not have one guy alone and out of formation.

What happens after you destroy him on the second attack with your other three? From range you just acquire another target and keep pumping lead. With Charge you never have to waste a move action on actually moving. With Pounce you get five attacks in exchange.

I used to wear out the Delay command in the Gold Box games (was it W for wait?) and early on I’ll pull so Val can get in a Dazzling or whatever but any fight with casters you need to take the fight to the enemy.

One underrated thing about Charge is that it turns on Fighting Defensively.

Last edited:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron

What happens after you destroy him on the second attack with your other three? From range you just acquire another target and keep pumping lead. With Charge you never have to waste a move action on actually moving. With Pounce you get five attacks in exchange.

I used to wear out the Delay command in the Gold Box games (was it W for wait?) and early on I’ll pull so Val can get in a Dazzling or whatever but any fight with casters you need to take the fight to the enemy.

>One underrated thing about Charge is that it turns on Fighting Defensively
Really? I didn't know that.

Desiderius

Patron

>One underrated thing about Charge is that it turns on Fighting Defensively
Really? I didn't know that.

Any attack does but if you open with Charge you’re guaranteed to get your attack in and turn it on before anything else can hit you.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Then I charge and stun the backline and others join when they can. But in this game all dangerous enemies are melee. Casters are rarely tough and archers are almost never. I do see the point of pounce to get those backliners down faster but it is not required. Defense is much more important, especially when I got no casters to do CC and buff.
Also you keep ignoring that Pounce style only works with unarmed with Crane works with weapons.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron

Then I charge and stun the backline and others join when they can. But in this game all dangerous enemies are melee. Casters are rarely tough and archers are almost never. I do see the point of pounce to get those backliners down faster but it is not required. Defense is much more important, especially when I got no casters to do CC and buff.

I open with tank(s) charge or distract summon depending along with reach stun spell on caster. Pouncers can pick off key targets a beat later if you’re concerned about their survivability. The time it would take enemy melee to get to them is also time they’re not attacking.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron

Yosharian

Arcane
I dunno guys, I don't think Kingmaker displays all the relevant information very effectively, a lot of the time.

Not that that's a reason to be a bitch and complain about the game, but it's not one of the game's strengths IMO.

Desiderius

Patron
I dunno guys, I don't think Kingmaker displays all the relevant information very effectively, a lot of the time.

Not that that's a reason to be a bitch and complain about the game, but it's not one of the game's strengths IMO.

It's middle of the road, maybe slightly above average. It's really a learn by doing game anyway and people under 30 just use a search engine instead of all that yucky reading so it really doesn't matter much. It's mostly all there if you know where to look which new players don't and experienced players don't need to.

Desiderius

Patron
I open with tank(s) charge or distract summon depending along with reach stun spell on caster. Pouncers can pick off key targets a beat later if you’re concerned about their survivability. The time it would take enemy melee to get to them is also time they’re not attacking.

Here's an example:

OctaviaDuelistCharge.jpg

Except I forgot to turn on Fighting Defensively so she's missing 8 AC. Doesn't look like she really needed it.

Details from following turn when Charge malus had worn off.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
did no one point out that you can see all the info on classes, including prestiges, by pressing the right click mouse button

Three different people. If you’ve ever read Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus you know this guy isn’t really there for answers so much as commiseration.

Unmanly. Worth challenging to nip it in the bud.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom