Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

That was surprisingly good review,it was not "tehe the game was funny,yo". I am curious if you intend to add up a free roam option where you don't consume time in dialogues. Also do you consume time in dialogue with your subconscious?

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
That was surprisingly good review,it was not "tehe the game was funny,yo". I am curious if you intend to add up a free roam option where you don't consume time in dialogues. Also do you consume time in dialogue with your subconscious?

I don't remember for sure. Most actual dialogues advance time (as opposed to some other interactions, because, well, everything happens through that "dialogue" interface, the FELD device) - books do that faster, other interactions less so. You can roam freely as long as you don't strike up a deep conversation with a mailbox or a tree.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
have to stop reading to avoid further spoilers

planning on proper larp (5 intellect 4 physique 2 psyche 1 motorics) start in a few days time; i can already tell electrochemical challenges will be a familiar rollercoaster ride

once more unto the breach, see you on the other side

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You can keep track of white and red checks on the world map. You know, in case you forget what's where.
I knee jerked a little bit until I realized this is the opposite of quest markers telling you where to go. Instead, this is you going somewhere, seeing something, and marking it on the map for future reference. This is how markers are supposed to be done. :salute:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
You can keep track of white and red checks on the world map. You know, in case you forget what's where.
I knee jerked a little bit until I realized this is the opposite of quest markers telling you where to go. Instead, this is you going somewhere, seeing something, and marking it on the map for future reference. This is how markers are supposed to be done. :salute:

Mark this thread for a future handjob.

Terenty

Liturgist

Can you confirm there are no white checks in order to progress the story/they can be circumventet by means other than spending skill points?

You can "reset" white checks in multiple ways - saving up skill points is one, sure, but there are in-game ways in place for that. You can do that by interacting with the environment, talking/interacting with other characters (sometimes in a different area entirely), items, drugs. And you can keep track of white and red checks on the world map. You know, in case you forget what's where.

I see. But what if i fail after every reset, what then?

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer

Can you confirm there are no white checks in order to progress the story/they can be circumventet by means other than spending skill points?

You can "reset" white checks in multiple ways - saving up skill points is one, sure, but there are in-game ways in place for that. You can do that by interacting with the environment, talking/interacting with other characters (sometimes in a different area entirely), items, drugs. And you can keep track of white and red checks on the world map. You know, in case you forget what's where.

I see. But what if i fail after every reset, what then?

Then... you suck. But there are ways to improve your chances, some easier, some more tedious.
Yes, even besides savescumming. Also a reminder: red checks you can fail just once

asterix

Educated
Wouldn't you eventually raise the relevant skills as high as they go, exhaust all the environmental bonuses, thoughts etc. and run out of things to increase to reset the check, at least in theory? Gotta learn to accept that soft lock and live with your failure at some point, no?

MuscleSpark

Augur
Patron
So what's the "I wanna see/feel weird shit and solve problems through Malkavian craziness" build? Inland Empire and Shivers?

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
So what's the "I wanna see/feel weird shit and solve problems through Malkavian craziness" build? Inland Empire and Shivers?
Shivers isn't really craziness, it just gives you information about the geography around you, half light is more the psychotic

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
No combat at all according to that review, what a fucking bummer. This isometric engine begs for a Fallout style combat engine to stand up next to the deep C&C the guy describes in the review. Oh well, off to play Skyrim... :roll:
who or what would you kill?

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
No combat at all according to that review, what a fucking bummer. This isometric engine begs for a Fallout style combat engine to stand up next to the deep C&C the guy describes in the review. Oh well, off to play Skyrim... :roll:
Fallout is dated so much more is possible with isometric rpgs

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
who or what would you kill?

insert gary oldman everyone meme

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom