Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview The Outer Worlds First 20 Minutes at IGN

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; The Outer Worlds

IGN have been allowed to publish gameplay footage of the first 20 minutes from The Outer Worlds, which is coming out in less than two weeks. That includes the game's introductory cutscene, in which Dr. Phineas retrieves the player character from his stranded colony ship and deposits him on Terra 2 (you might notice a few familiar scenes from the original announcement trailer here). After a linear tutorial area, the video eventually leads right up to the gameplay segment that was shown at the Tokyo Game Show last month. It turns out that the reason the original captain of your ship is dead is that your landing pod landed right on top of him.

The one thing the video doesn't show is the game's character creation sequence. It looks like Obsidian are absolutely committed to keeping that a surprise.

Outmind

Augur
It turns out that the reason the original captain of your ship is dead is that your landing pod landed right on top of him.
I already love this game.

Pff, Wizard of Oz did it 70 years ago.

The one thing the video doesn't show is the game's character creation sequence. It looks like Obsidian are absolutely committed to keeping that a surprise.

Geometric shapes inc.

I wonder if they'll go the way of The Division 2 and have you select a "body type" instead of gender like any normal game would...

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
there's no rush for me to buy it.
If at all...

I probably will at some point, just not at full price. It shames me to admit it but I did like Fallout 3 as much as F:NV. Never played F4 for long enough to tell if there's any game beneath the glossy robotic surface, since everything about it makes me grind my teeth.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
I did like Fallout 3 as much as F:NV
Actually it's also true for me, because I didn't like both. Still, finished 3, NV & 4 though I wish I could get that time back. Had high hopes for a a game from Boyarsky, but it seems that years at Blizzard made his vision zany and trite. As news about OW were coming out, my expectations kept going down, from overjoyed to a point where now I'm wondering will this even be worth pirating.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Playing Outer Worlds must be like...

giphy.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom