Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

toroks

Educated
The "awesome" Baldur's Gate 3 cover pops up 1:51 into the Google Stadia announcement video :hmmm: This will soon be a game every kid and their grandmother knows about!

Reinhardt

Arcane
Who cares about armor. 40000 summoned gnolls will still kill Drizzt in his fancy mithril pajama.

Molina

Savant

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/07/baldurs-gate-3-gameplay-release-date-platform-reveal-leaks

"here isn’t an official release date for Baldur’s Gate 3 yet, however, the game is listed as part of Google Stadia’s launch window of games. With the Stadia Founder’s Edition launching this November, we can expect Baldur’s Gate 3 to launch sometime between then and 2020, when Stadia Base becomes available to everyone."

Seems highly unlikely, but it's possible that the game's Early Access will launch in that window.

Last edited:

Dodo1610

Arcane
Pretty sure we will get ealy access next year and release in 21. Anyway we will finally get some real information within this month.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
My body is ready to receive the news that this is a third-person action game alla Witcher. The satisfaction knowing I was right is going to keep me warm while Larian attempt to destroy RPGs for the mainstream forever.

deama

Prophet
I keep seeing that part where a guy screams from the trailer on a google stadia ad; is this a hint that it'll be stadia exclusive?

It's going to be a third person action game with dumbed down mechanics. We will also get a 1000 sermons about how the original games are outdated and the sequel is bringing classics to the new generations.

Codex Year of the Donut
My body is ready to receive the news that this is a third-person action game alla Witcher.

image.png

Now available in video game form!
:bounce:

ArchAngel

Arcane
My body is ready to receive the news that this is a third-person action game alla Witcher. The satisfaction knowing I was right is going to keep me warm while Larian attempt to destroy RPGs for the mainstream forever.
Only RPG coming out next year that matters is Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 so they cannot ruin anything.

I think that when assessing what sort of gameplay Baldur's Gate III is likely to have, one should consider the fact that it's going to have some sort of Early Access release. "Cinematic action games" don't usually do Early Access.

What if EA is just a plot to defuse the fan anger? So when the real release comes most of them will have already moved on and less people will shit on the game when it's out?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
After this comments about camera angle, only i will not be surprized if the game looks and plays like DDO?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Only RPG coming out next year that matters is Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 so they cannot ruin anything.
Is that actually WIP?
Yes, but not by that name as their next game will use same engine but adapt some other official Paizo module. And since they are just using same engine that they already refined and worked on to release Enhanced Edition now they just need to build areas, quests and stuff like that so it will take them less time than what they needed for PKM.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom