Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battlefield 1 - set in World War 1

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
This trailer looks no different from Battlefield V yet the reception was highly positive. Wtf?
the BF1 trailer looks like actual war, while the BFV trailer is just a small group that look more like gangsters than soldiers in a shootout in a house.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
This trailer looks no different from Battlefield V yet the reception was highly positive. Wtf?
the BF1 trailer looks like actual war, while the BFV trailer is just a small group that look more like gangsters than soldiers in a shootout in a house.
The trailer is still 'pop' and filled with diversity.
Don't believe the SJW propaganda. BFV was poorly received because of the gameplay, not because of "diversity"

Silva

Arcane
It just occurred to me that the high player kill count in this game reflects WWI nicely.

That's it. Most realistic game ever.

:kingcomrade:

Last edited:

Silva

Arcane
The more I play the more I'm impressed by this game production values and respect for history. Between the superb GFX and effects that immerse the player in a spectacular WWI-ish experience, the historically accurate weapons & uniforms, and a codex that explains lots of stuff about the war in detail (factions, tactical/strategical concepts, weapons, key battles, etc), it's clear this game is a labour of love, even if popamole at heart. It reminds me a bit of Half-Life, which had popamole gameplay too but was so infused with so much boldness and elán that became a masterpiece.

I still favor the realism of Operation Flashpoint, ARMAs or Ghost Recon 1 at the end of the day, but I can see myself having a good, relaxed time in a game like this.

Are the other BFs like this? How is BFV ?

Last edited:

Sodafish

Arcane
"Respect for history" whilst showing wombyn fighting in the WW1 trenches.

nPPjk5e.gif

Sodafish

Arcane
Oh fuck off with that disingenuous shite. It's a complete misrepresentation of history for the sake of peddling a "progressive" fantasy, and you know it.

Silva

Arcane
Bro, you said women in trenches in WWI didn't happen.

I showed you proof it did.

Show proofs to support your point or shut the fuck off.

P.S: You would have a valid point with the nigga in the German army, which would force me to concede that yes, it was motivated by progressive bullshit. But that's not the case at all with the Russian women in the game.

Sodafish

Arcane
Bro, you said women in trenches in WWI didn't happen.

No I didn't. I was alluding to the fact that depicting and heavily promoting that scenario as if it was a common reality is not at all "respecting of history". Even if all of those 5000 women mentioned in the article were mobilised (which the article admits were not), it would still represent less than 0.01% of all the personnel (i.e. men) who fought in WW1. Along with the similarly ludicrous front-of-stage depictions of blacks in all their promotional material for the game, it represents an absolutely shameless perversion of history, and blatant disregard for the truth in service to some bullshit "woke" agenda. If you can't recognise that naked motivation spelled out in these actions, then frankly there's not much point talking to you.

Last edited:

passerby

Arcane
At least in BF I they cherry picked and romanticised exceptions that did happened, it's still bullshit but there is at least that.

For BF V they stright up replaced British Commandos with fictional Norwegian female resistance members.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
People crying about nuBFs should buy better games instead and not waste time and money on whinning over plain garbage. WW1 - Tannenberg, WW2 - Hell Let Loose

Silva

Arcane
At least in BF1 they cherry picked and romanticised exceptions that did happened, it's still bullshit but there is at least that.
This, thanks.

No matter what the devs agenda is, women did fought in WWI and they smartly depicted that fact.

(the German nigga is inexcusable though)

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
At least in BF1 they cherry picked and romanticised exceptions that did happened, it's still bullshit but there is at least that.
This, thanks.

No matter what the devs agenda is, women did fought in WWI and they smartly depicted that fact.

Black Africans did fight in the WWI German army, but only in the African colonies. I bet the Germans would have happily sent those guys into the trenches if they'd had a way to transport them to the western front, but the Allied naval blockade made that impossible.

The story of the German colonial forces in Africa and how they managed to fight through the entire war even though massively outnumbered and completely cut off from resupplies is quite interesting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_African_campaign_(World_War_I)

Baron Dupek

Arcane
women did fought in WWI
yeah but they don't mention WHERE and WHAT were they doing [their part] and HOW MANY of them were involved (or in what percentage compared to men).
Because with this (faulty) logic 50% of players on the servers should play as a dogs or attack planes.

Silva

Arcane
This, thanks.

Black Africans did fight in the WWI German army, but only in the African colonies. I bet the Germans would have happily sent those guys into the trenches if they'd had a way to transport them to the western front, but the Allied naval blockade made that impossible.

The story of the German colonial forces in Africa and how they managed to fight through the entire war even though massively outnumbered and completely cut off from resupplies is quite interesting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_African_campaign_(World_War_I)
Awesome and an interesting moral dilemma - do you do everything possible to help your country in a war, even if it means potentially starving (foreign) civilian populace?

Regardless, this Vorbeck dude and his Askaris deserve praise for their tactical prowess.

Silva

Arcane
women did fought in WWI
yeah but they don't mention WHERE and WHAT were they doing [their part] and HOW MANY of them were involved (or in what percentage compared to men).
Because with this (faulty) logic 50% of players on the servers should play as a dogs or attack planes.
Oh they do. The game codex (a kind of encyclopedia) explains what the Russian women battalion was and where it acted, and that it numbered a max estimated 5000 troops.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
In any BF1 match you will find many players running around with experimental weapons that were considerably more rare in WWI than female soldiers were. Being statistically representative of the era was clearly never a goal of the game, but rather giving an interesting sample of stuff that appeared in WWI, both common and uncommon.

But pretty much everything in BF1 represents something that existed in reality, which is a big contrast with BFV where a lot of the content is outright fabricated.

DayofBlow

Educated
In any BF1 match you will find many players running around with experimental weapons that were considerably more rare in WWI than female soldiers were. Being statistically representative of the era was clearly never a goal of the game, but rather giving an interesting sample of stuff that appeared in WWI, both common and uncommon.

But pretty much everything in BF1 represents something that existed in reality, which is a big contrast with BFV where a lot of the content is outright fabricated.
Which is also dogshit. They just made a WW1 skinned BF with all the suped up tanks and submachine guns everywhere. Made the setting completely worthless.
Bolt action rifles are so much fun. CoD2 rifle only servers were some of the most popular servers. A WW1 game would be that, it's a nobrainer. No wait, Dice made it like every other game they make. Modern, WW1, WW2, plays the fucking same.

women did fought in WWI
Oh they do. The game codex (a kind of encyclopedia) explains what the Russian women battalion was and where it acted, and that it numbered a max estimated 5000 troops.
Did they tell you how many people the Russian army numbered? If they did, divide the small number with the big number. That's how insultingly insignificant Epic Battalion of Meme Name was. And then compare it to how many wahmen are plastered all over the 'thoughtfully faithful' game.
Also, the ingame glossary tell you that that battalion only existed as a cynical ploy to boost the morale of men on the front? 'cus they sure as shit didn't need another division, they had plenty, but maybe the guys on the front will put up a fight to get their last chance to fuck(probably rape) a woman before they die.
Awesome bit of history.

Silva

Arcane
Don't let the butthurt cloud your judgement. Yeah, the game exaggerates on representation of WWI minorities and exotic weapons. Yeah, it's a poor simulation of WWI warfare and more akin to a theme-park*. But yeah, it also pays respect to the war with a superb presentation and great enciclopedic descriptions of the conflict. And yes, it's still fun as fuck to play specially in modes like Operations. Is it that hard to acknowledge it has both qualities and problems?

* I suspect bolt-action rifles are more efficient overall, but it seems too subtle to make a difference.

P.S: That's what bothers me with this shitty left-right world war we're seeing these days. Everything must be painted as completely shitty and devoid of qualities, or completely great. There's no nuance. It's like the butthurt is turning everybody into passionate partisans, even the once rational people.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom