Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
may be i'm making a mistake but it seems to me that it's only about one attack not all ?
at lvl 20 i can use accuracy 18 x

With Shatter you won’t need it after the first. 18 rounds still isn’t very much, certainly not worth all you’re giving up.

loupgris

Literate
It's only for the proc of study target and debilitating Injury.
For boss the second round of accuracy put the AB to 51 on attack

loupgris

Literate
I have not start the build yet, i will test soon.
At first glance it seems to me very profitable.

Desiderius

Patron
It's only for the proc of study target and debilitating Injury.
For boss the second round of accuracy put the AB to 51 on attack

You can proc Study as a Swift Action before you hit at all. Once you Shatter his Defenses you don't need 51. And you don't need Arcane Accuracy to hit 51 in any case. Here's a comparison:

Flametoothtohit.jpg

You don't get the Favored Enemy, but with Debilitating you've got a virtual +4 anyway which would put you at 52.

Different example, same point:

Sniper on Monarch.jpg

There are a gazillion bonuses to AB in this game. Focus on things that are scarce, not plentiful.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Sword saint is not interesting with the elven curve blade.
It required dexterity to damage.
After rogue or thug...
I know sword saint, i have played saint vivicector, dex scion from ineffect and the version with bastard, its a very good classe.
But with the elven curve blade i have here 6d6 sneak damage all the time, AB if needed up to 51, opportunist, cleaving finish so....
Well obviously you need to invest in SS to reap the most rewards, it's not a class you dip 4 levels in.

In this case you'd be better off going full glass cannon and simply taking Slayer all the way. But I don't know why you want INT at all in this case.

Your build is all over the place and needs to be refocused.

He goes INT because he’s an Elf. I’ve posted it before but I like Divine Guardian 1/Thug 3/Vivi 6/Thug1/DG2/Vivix for ECB Elf.

DG for Martial Prof, CHA to saves (you’ll get at least 4 free CHA by the time you really need it), a Smite and Bodyguard to go with all your DEX, and Fatigue Mercy.

Vivi because DEX melee needs all the modes on mutagen since you can’t boost DEX with size, and INT is its caster stat. You also need the extra damage from full sneaks and Feral Mutagen since you’re not STR-based.

Thug to get all the great stuff from Unchained Rogue 4 + Brutal Beating. You’re not a Perception class. Unlock Advanced Rogue Talents first for Double Debilitation. Alternatively can trade Thug for Scoundrel for Image and some of those True Strikes you like.

Magi should stay in their lane and not use two-handers.
I agree with some of that but it still feels unfocused.

Desiderius

Patron
Sword saint is not interesting with the elven curve blade.
It required dexterity to damage.
After rogue or thug...
I know sword saint, i have played saint vivicector, dex scion from ineffect and the version with bastard, its a very good classe.
But with the elven curve blade i have here 6d6 sneak damage all the time, AB if needed up to 51, opportunist, cleaving finish so....
Well obviously you need to invest in SS to reap the most rewards, it's not a class you dip 4 levels in.

In this case you'd be better off going full glass cannon and simply taking Slayer all the way. But I don't know why you want INT at all in this case.

Your build is all over the place and needs to be refocused.

He goes INT because he’s an Elf. I’ve posted it before but I like Divine Guardian 1/Thug 3/Vivi 6/Thug1/DG2/Vivix for ECB Elf.

DG for Martial Prof, CHA to saves (you’ll get at least 4 free CHA by the time you really need it), a Smite and Bodyguard to go with all your DEX, and Fatigue Mercy.

Vivi because DEX melee needs all the modes on mutagen since you can’t boost DEX with size, and INT is its caster stat. You also need the extra damage from full sneaks and Feral Mutagen since you’re not STR-based.

Thug to get all the great stuff from Unchained Rogue 4 + Brutal Beating. You’re not a Perception class. Unlock Advanced Rogue Talents first for Double Debilitation. Alternatively can trade Thug for Scoundrel for Image and some of those True Strikes you like.

Magi should stay in their lane and not use two-handers.
I agree with some of that but it still feels unfocused.

ECB is the Crusader of weapons. Very narrow window to transcend suboptimality. The focus is on Elves getting it with Martial Proficiency and trying to maximize value from there. Maybe easier to just go EK but the damage isn't really there without size helping.

Desiderius

Patron
Bear gods wrath is the best (non-reach) weapon in the game. The best. And you can use slashing grace with it.

Here's your favorite weapon in action:

AmiriBarbBite.jpg

AmiriBarbAB.jpg

AmiriBarbAC.jpg

So I've never actually built Amiri as a straight Barb so thought I'd try it after finding yet another Furious weapon. Always been curious how the Animal Totems work. Looks like it just gives you two extra attacks on top of your normal ones and in addition to the bite from Animal Fury. With Shield Bash you could get up to eleven attacks without even splashing.

That's with Pounce and the Animal Totem Natural Armor Bonus stacks with other bonuses. You also get Fear Immunity at Barb 12. Pretty solid.

Desiderius

Patron
Why is it doing so little damage?

In the Bite pic? That weapon gives your Natural Attacks +1d6 Sonic and Electricity so that's the small numbers. Bite only gets 1/2 STR bonus but does get free Trip with Cloak. Cloak also adds 1d6 Cold.

Overall no Power Attack and One-handed weapon plus Inspire Courage wore off. Was building it defensively to see how tanky I could get her. Definitely room to kick up the damage, but was doing 35-45 per attack for five regular attacks anyway. Important thing is that Totem attacks add on to weapon attacks instead of replacing them.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Bear gods wrath is the best (non-reach) weapon in the game. The best. And you can use slashing grace with it.

It might be a nice, atmospheric weapon. But it is frankly nowhere near the top damage weapons.
The top ECBs don't really make it to the cream of the crop either... but are much closer. Somewhere around the 6th spot or thereabouts.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
After playing an eldritch archer (full dex and 18 int), this is where the idea came to me.
I am open to any proposal that could improve the build especially for feats.
Am I off or does this build have terrible will?

I'd take int 16 instead and take that wisdom to 10 and str to 10. You will not really miss this until very late. Also, what is your final BaB?

Is there a good elven curved blade in the game? Why not scimitar instead?

Well, the build is decidedly weird.

Yes, there are good ECBs.
One is kinda a hidden secret, the other comes from an artisan.
A lot better then scimitars anyway. Not to mention you can't use Finesse / Finesse Training with a scimitar.

Thundercrack ain’t bad. Can you finesse it with Slashing Grace? Not that I’d recommend it in any case. Size STR bonuses are too good.

It's also super boring. It's only redeeming quality is that its a+5 Agile weapon. But even if, for some unfathomable reason, you still rely on Agile weapons by endgame, the Bloodhound would be a much better pick. Potentially available much earlier too. Does need Exotic Prof, though.

Please give up. Scimitars are a pretty bad weapon category overall.

Yosharian

Arcane

It might be a nice, atmospheric weapon. But it is frankly nowhere near the top damage weapons.
The top ECBs don't really make it to the cream of the crop either... but are much closer. Somewhere around the 6th spot or thereabouts.
How are you calculating which weapons are the most damaging, and where can the list be found?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
No, I don't have mathematical data. Although I'm sure some people have done it. Maybe Autochton from Reddit or some others.
Should be simple enough.

I'm going by my experience/feeling.

IMO top damaging weapons include
Vanquisher Greataxe
Blinding Light Estoc
Redeemer Longsword
Lion's Claw Falcata
Ovinrbaane and Graveyard of the Giants Large Bastard Swords

Just outside the podium there's
Serpent Prince Fauchard
Mastery Fauchard - needs the right build to shine
Bane of the Living Elven Curved Blade
Clarity Elven Curved Blade - rather niche but great at fighting annoying ghosts
The End Heavy Flail - good builds should have no issues overcoming DR in this game. Still can be nice sometimes.
Steelwind Sai - you won't be making big hits with that. But having so many extra attacks (it can also be used with Flurry) on a permanent basis must be decent for characters with significant static damage boosts.

Honorable mention:
Destroyer Greataxe - for those record hits

Last edited:

Ghramunhir

Novice
Hi guys,

what would be an good build for the main character? Would be a dual wield str ranger (long sword/axe) a good option?

Yosharian

Arcane
No, I don't have mathematical data. Although I'm sure some people have done it. Maybe Autochton from Reddit or some others.
Should be simple enough.

I'm going by my experience/feeling.

IMO top damaging weapons include
Vanquisher Greataxe
Blinding Light Estoc
Redeemer Longsword
Lion's Claw Falcata
Ovinrbaane and Graveyard of the Giants Large Bastard Swords

Just outside the podium there's
Serpent Prince Fauchard
Mastery Fauchard - needs the right build to shine
Bane of the Living Elven Curved Blade
Clarity Elven Curved Blade - rather niche but great at fighting annoying ghosts
The End Heavy Flail - good builds should have no issues overcoming DR in this game. Still can be nice sometimes.
Steelwind Sai - you won't be making big hits with that. But having so many extra attacks (it can also be used with Flurry) on a permanent basis must be decent for characters with significant static damage boosts.

Honorable mention:
Destroyer Greataxe - for those record hits
I'm not saying you have to pull out a spreadsheet. Looking at Vanquisher for example, why do you rate that weapon so highly? All I'm seeing is 10 bonus damage and Keen, doesn't seem earth-shattering.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
It's not Keen, its extended crit range. So Imp. Critical works and with it its 17-20/x3. 10 bonus damage stacks with its +5 enchantment and is multiplied on crits. So damage-wise its basically a+15 weapon, with 17-20/x3 crits.

It's like a normal greataxe +5 is 7-17 damage and Vanquisher is 17-27... with crazy crit potential to boot.

Yosharian

Arcane
It's not Keen, its extended crit range. So Imp. Critical works and with it its 17-20/x3. 10 bonus damage stacks with its +5 enchantment and is multiplied on crits. So damage-wise its basically a+15 weapon, with 17-20/x3 crits.

It's like a normal greataxe +5 is 7-17 damage and Vanquisher is 17-27...
What the fuck Owlcat.

Yosharian

Arcane

It's like a normal greataxe +5 is 7-17 damage and Vanquisher is 17-27... with crazy crit potential to boot.
What are the Lion's Claw's stats and where is it found?

Also what do you think is the most effective TWF combo? I theorized that the force damage of Twin Crystals could be very effective, but I wonder now. (I'm talking Agile weapons only, here... although that said, I suppose I can just add Agile to existing weapons using the Crafting mod...)

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Lion's Claw is a +3 falcata with Extended crit range 18-20/x3. I guess this puts it about on par with Serpent Prince. Just its one-handed so I put it slightly higher (good for magi). Perhaps I shouldn't, though.

It requires Varnhold's Lot DLC. Can be bought from merchant later in the base game if you've found it in Varnhold.

As for best dual wield combo... hmm... that's pretty tough. Perhaps Blinding Light/Redeemer main hand, Steelwind offhand? I think the extra attacks from Steelwind are executed with main hand anyway, so it would be nice if they boosted an actually strong weapon?

If Fighter with Effortless Dual Wielding, then perhaps dual Longswords. Or Dueling Swords.
Dual bastards could be nice with Effortless if you also happened to have access to Lead Blades spell - maybe some Fighter/Ranger MC? I guess that's suboptimal and a Slayer is a lot better. Though could work if you want a Freebooter to boost party AB. 10 is a good cutoff level for Freebooter.

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane

It's like a normal greataxe +5 is 7-17 damage and Vanquisher is 17-27...
What the fuck Owlcat.
Something that many DnD players h ave been saying ever since numberfinder:bloatmaker came out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom