Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
This is the most beautiful game I have ever played. It feels like it touches something in me that I thought died decades ago.

Salvo

Arcane
Hey pals! Post your starting statline!

Mine is 1/2/5/4. Wish I could roleplay as myself by dropping Int even lower, but you can't get everything.

Tigranes

Arcane
Simple question about sleeping at end of Day one:

how do i choose to embrace hobocop and sleep on the streets? I've internalised hobocop but Kim wants me to pawn his ballsacks.
That drove me fucking insane too. I internalized hobocop but I couldn't sleep in the dumpster and I had to make Kim sell his spinnaz. Found another way to get money but my character is much, MUCH too traditional to take that option.

I'm supposing that if you finish the autopsy early enough, Kim would go off to the station and you can then find a place to hobo it alone? My guy was too useless so we only finished it at midnight. He might have to bend his principles and sell the balls.

& 1/5/5/1

Vatnik Wumao
1/6/3/2

And a random screenshot,
8fI1IYa.jpg

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
1/3/5/3. Muscle cop. Authoritative, quick to anger, takes no shit. Fucks up and hurts himself all the time, but I guess that's a constant across builds. At least with good Endurance he can take it. Embarrassment is a different matter.

1/1/6/4

My only regret is not getting a thought to raise my fucking authority skill. I tagged it but as it turns out 2 authority 1 psyche isn't enough AND I NEED MORE.*
*Note, I may not actually need more since if I go too heavy I might not be as willing to take bribes. Electrochemistry is also probably too high since I'm not sure it's done anything positive for me yet, but I suppose taking drugs is its own reward. And one of these women, eventually, are bound to say yes to my advances

Terenty

Liturgist
Disco Elysium is excellent on its own to talk about rather than using it as a vehicle to shit talk another rpg that isn't even similiar for vague reasons. FFS.

Play DE, embrace communism and have fun, comrade!

Thanks, already bought(which happens rarely), comrade!

But i have this feeling... i think its called shadenfraude.

Finally there is a game and a dev team that seem to stand proudly among all time greats and maybe Obsidian, that worked as a surrogate for years, will finally be recognized as a cheap imitation they truly are.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My first build was 4-5-1-2 with endurance as signature skill (and lonesome road home thought taken within the first half hour to let me put a lot more points into Perception). I call him the mindfucker.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
I found PST boring as fuck due to the shit combat and absolute walls of txt.

With that in mind, is this even worth me considering? (I loved Tyranny, enough good combat in it for me)

The combat system in this is better than the ones in PST; Tyranny, Pillars of Eternity, to be fair.

:D

Vatnik Wumao
My first build was 4-5-1-2 with endurance as signature skill (and lonesome road home thought taken within the first half hour to let me put a lot more points into Perception). I call him the mindfucker.
Mine had Endurance as signature skill as well and my thought cabinet had Lonesome Road Home, Advanced Race Theory and Revancholian Nationalism (?) by the end of the first day. Gonna restart since I'm still quite divided on stat allocation.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Gotta love how in a game without combat the big chase quest is still for power armour.

That is class

Prime Junta

At this point I need to pöint oüt that mäny öf my friënds äre mëtalheäds and önly söme of thëm are fäscist.

Tigranes

Arcane
Alright, the first day is done. I like how the game never made me crave reloads, because most of the time I felt like something did happen as a result of failure, and in any case there was so much to do with only so much time in the day that I was OK with leaving things undone. I do think a lot of it comes from the whole point that your character is a fucked up loser and not your typical munchkin kill everybody while lying to them smoothly and picking a lock with their right toenail high-functioning sociopath. I expect the guy to lust after some dead dude's boots the entire day and still fail to get them.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
That's how it's comparable to PST. Is it "as good"? Who can say on day one?

Disagree, in a good way. It is quite similar to PST.

I would be highly hesitant to make the comparisons, as people are dumb. But it is the closest to a spiritual successor we can expect. While other games try to copy PS:T and fail miserably (hi numana), they pull it off naturally.

The most obvious example would be the moment to find your lost dossier. It hides surprising amount of things that I am afraid that a lot of people will miss.

It is similar in spirit, not in the substance. The game does its own thing.

The big worry I have is that maybe this mundane mystery can't quite carry to the game to the end of the story like PS:T did, but we'll have to see.
One impression that I've got from this game after poking around a bit in starting area was that someone had idea to turn Leisure Suit Larry into cop and build full RPG on top of that.

Speaking about Sierra adventures, are there fun and varied ways to die?

Got bored and left

That's how it's comparable to PST. Is it "as good"? Who can say on day one?

Disagree, in a good way. It is quite similar to PST.

I would be highly hesitant to make the comparisons, as people are dumb. But it is the closest to a spiritual successor we can expect. While other games try to copy PS:T and fail miserably (hi numana), they pull it off naturally.

The most obvious example would be the moment to find your lost dossier. It hides surprising amount of things that I am afraid that a lot of people will miss.

It is similar in spirit, not in the substance. The game does its own thing.

The big worry I have is that maybe this mundane mystery can't quite carry to the game to the end of the story like PS:T did, but we'll have to see.
One impression that I've got from this game after poking around a bit in starting area was that someone had idea to turn Leisure Suit Larry into cop and build full RPG on top of that.

Speaking about Sierra adventures, are there fun and varied ways to die?

My first death was after attempting to ram a locked door open. And the reason I could die in the first place was because I tried to punch a kid earlier. And failed. 10/10 GOTY.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom