Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Never played Quake but man that shit has some great aesthetics. I see where Unreal got its inspiration.
Arkane Dimensions is a level pack which was created way after Unreal was released.
And a lot of the level there seem to be inspired more by Unreal than by Quake to be honest.
Really? I assumed that at least the textures and such were the game's stock resources.

Original Quake, OTOH, isn't all that likely to have inspired Unreal given the timeline of development.
Quake came out in '96, Unreal in '98. That's plenty of time for the aesthetics to be influenced by Quake.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Few killshots from Rogue Warrior
TxEqePp.jpg

k9CNxAL.jpg

QhpjSea.jpg

PrettyDeadman

Really? I assumed that at least the textures and such were the game's stock resources.
Arkane Dimensions used to require a specialized quake 1 build with heavily modified engine to allow for the size of levels they used to run. Last time I run it on Quakegasm (I think). Also due to amount of detail and effects in levels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
vWlge96.png

This is what Parisians will look like in 2084 and it's beautiful.

gXlTVXx.png

3wAIeyc.jpg

CApnmiP.png

Nice birdblenders in the city skyline. This is the future you asked for, urbanites.

aMNRV6s.png

Bug-mash, larva, rats and soybeans. Just as Greta ordered.

rTa6kWa.png

Reinhardt

Arcane
Another girl fallen to my charms

twbDlde.png

And then things got darker...

2z3e5sO.png

iKtkOE9.png

Japanese really REALLY like to kill little girls aren't they?

paZMatj.png

At least everyone still loves mc

hOUYskY.png

So basically dragons eat witches, witches eat dragons, everyone kill humans, humans fight back and dissect fallen enemies using corpse parts to create new weapons. Being witch is best -

BRuvgzg.png

The Red Knight

Erudite
bQ7hcjn.png

TL;DR - a bad puzzle game, get something by Artifex Mundi instead
Mdfhnim.png
Collect dozens of hidden objects! But with some vague ones and one or two at a time in the order we want you to! It also teaches you to scroll the screen to find a hidden thing but that's only ever used in like one more puzzle later on.

azLBrGP.png

Click where we show you to progress with the story! Interactivity!

8Rsz1LY.png

Sliding puzzle! This one was nice, TBH.

zJNE8fq.png

Collect a dozen or two of the same thing that's all over the screen!

kgBSzko.png

Whack-a-mole!

XF2eYxQ.png

Spoiler: it's the one guy in three places!

FaQHwzh.png

We need to get moving so let's steal dead people's coins! Ignore all the bills scattered around for the time being!

Rv1Ty7S.png

Geography lesson!

BEvQT1p.png

Fucking looking for brown pixels on brown background!

Qb0E3tK.png

Kill ten cockroaches by clicking on them!

yETx67R.png

Identify that obvious one girl from a photo you got by removing all the men and grandmas. Most of hidden objects puzzles are about finding things thematically related to the conversation before them but not really (going to the beach with the granny that saved you = completing fishing gear together with two sets of fishing nets), or first eliminating all the things that aren't the topic.
lBPWacx.png

Move the taxi through high traffic! This version lets you move objects in all directions as long as there's room for that.

t60wAQk.png

Fucking checkbooks, how do they look?

A6nkumb.png

No more sliders; you switch places of any two pieces, but at least you need to rotate them too.

dhe6e9Q.png

The code is "code"

MntPUoM.png

The messiest bank I've ever seen.

Vvfw6aB.png

I hope you like clicking on numbers you're not looking for one by one with a delay between clicks as you wait for the hint text to fade out and fade in.

QwFjANo.png

FN0IV6G.png

Opening the suitcase scattered whopping fifteen bills all over the room.

sO4MG9v.png

Let's clean this office while watching president Trump getting assassinated.

kwjmZc3.png

I hope you also like looking for untranslated objects.

OGQvUtL.png

Easy mode!

87Jg91n.png

FvSIJBQ.png

TdHXSUR.png

Find some inconspicuous Illuminati stickers.

WOSvqGG.png

Fucking pixel-sized parts looking like the background.

jJuJJa5.png

Fucking walkie-talkies.

5gdOh03.png

wl4ByVy.png

rhJvMQm.png

Fucking looking for two week's worth of food with ambiguous labels for dinner. There's also a guy you don't notice behind that curtain.

5bEm0gJ.png

KX4vop5.png

Find all the signs and sirens and lights.

YKC1pPm.png

This is not the game for colorblind people.

uqcugpJ.png

You get attacked so you decide not to touch any of these weapons you find but instead grab a stun grenade and some pepper spray.

DpapGKG.png

There are two questions next to each other that check if you're still paying attention to what's been said just before (almost failed this one).

8S9YV5W.png

PhdfJC3.png

More complex puzzle with rotatable elements.

4UnVf2q.png

Shoot heads but only of bad people.

Y8Ffsge.png

More hunting for background-colored objects!

56xv3Nb.png

Click on these then click on boats then click on map locations.

5E0D3rN.png

Find all the traps and then some fuse box. Hint: lasers are not these red cameras.

ZOhRs6R.png

Follow-the-line puzzle.

ArLFut4.png

Another fucking puzzle chain with some bad clues and then testing your memory by blurring out the whole screen and asking you to find some more objects.

xLbCZ5S.png

Panama is not a country and Trump is an Illuminati.

R0WDbfA.png

Protagonist's reaction after having to go through this game.

o377T4w.png

Not depicted: all the story dialogues and narration inbetween (judging by the Wikipedia entry, it's a brief version of volumes 1-8 of the comic)

Rabbid

Savant
Should I move on to Heroes 3? Is it really that much better? I would like to play knight and barbarian heroes, they just suck so much in this game. (Might)

Might is still weaker than Magic though.

I prefer Magic too but I've heard that, on the pro scene, everyone prefers Might.

Might is better. Heroes with offense and armorer specialties are sought out for as mains. Many players just pick a town and then roll in the tavern for good mains from other towns like Tazar and Crag Hack.
IIRC, they also have better level up options, like logistics, more often than magic ones. Specific magic heroes can be good if you want to rush some early game mobs that defend crucial spots, but the only serious spells even for that are slow, haste, etc. Off the top of my head, there are some nice magic strategies early on with Luna and Solmyr. An early expert earth magic with a might hero is still better though.

If you like cheesing in singleplayer with town portals and spells that do a lot of damage it can be fine, but even then Crag with mass haste/slow and behemoths can one shot everything and even have utility spells like town portal available. After some levels, extra points in power/knowledge start to have diminishing returns compared to attack/defense. Some classes like battle mages (Dessa) are nice compromises as more mighty magic heroes. if you don't use the HotA mod, Necropolis (Galthran) is busted. The might pirate heroes have great stat progression as well.

Tldr, if you like smashing with might heroes, 3 is a perfect game for that.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Might is better. Heroes with offense and armorer specialties are sought out for as mains. Many players just pick a town and then roll in the tavern for good mains from other towns like Tazar and Crag Hack.

That's so lame. Good players can play any faction with any hero, and besides you can't afford many many heroes on Impossible.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom