Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Doma

Augur
vh31XFX.png

The Only way to play.

oscar

Arcane
Kim's shaping up to be one of my favourite NPC's ever too. He's the right balance of sensible quiet rationality and reasonability but who won't bust your balls too much when he sees it's time to say fuck it and get our hands dirty. It's also fun playing the bad cop to his good cop.

Andnjord

Arcane
Your character slowly becoming more competent and useful after the shitshow of the humiliating hungover first day is a nice feeling too
Midway through the first day so far and I just loved (well, loved to hate) the radio conversation with the 41st post. Really drives home how far your character has fallen :negative:

Prime Junta

I am starting to think that having only 1 point in Psychique or Physique isn't really playable.

It's perfectly playable. Just stay stocked with healing supplies and hit that button whenever you get a HEALTH CRITICAL or MORALE CRITICAL message... and maybe, like, AVOID doing stuff that will probably hurt you.

You CHOSE to be a pussy. Embrace it.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
World is Disc?

Thats why game is called Disco.

Pale covers 72% of surface, there are islands on disc (not ball).

Joyce Messer confirms it.

Also Shivers come from pale. Its rarefied past.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have five Endurance pips and I was still at the end of my tether throughout day 1 - I had no money for nasal spray because I had to spend it all on a bitchin' pair of shades and a fresh t-shirt, you see. Had to. Also had to kick mailboxes, doors and other inanimate objects, with varying degrees of success.

Seems to me the game treats individual stories of little people somewhat seriously while the political dialogue options are mostly just there for the lulz.

I went with 3/5/1/3 and Inland Empire as the signature skill. I haven't died once although I've yet to actually fight anyone in any capacity.

Sòren

Arcane
All that crap (a lot of it from people I suspect haven't even played the game) aside I'm insanely impressed. Six hours and it's only mid-day on Day 2. The writing is.. unlike any game I've played before (in a good way) and has managed to both make me laugh aloud (maybe the very first time in a video game) and struck some pretty real emotional chords. There's a shitload of content and you always feel like you should be on your feet and moving (albeit not to the severity of something like Pathologic). The concept that having stats or traits too high can be a double edged sword is a fascinating one too, especially when your traits start actively fighting each other mid-concept in their advice and suggestions gives you a nice schizophrenic feel.

Personally I'm roleplaying as..

filth-james-mcavoy-748x421.jpg

Your character slowly becoming more competent and useful after the shitshow of the humiliating hungover first day is a nice feeling too

since u aren't a shill like the rest of the retards here i trust u on this one. gonna buy and i hope it's good.

frajaq

Erudite
I'm on Day 3 and I have to say so far: I wasn't expecting this setting to be so damn bleak lol, guess I shouldn't be surprised with Eastern European devs tho

Prime Junta

Solid start to day 2. Did two interviews which put a completely new spin on the case, and figured out the footprints. It cost me though, 5 points of Morale, 3 of Health, and all the sweet, sweet character points I'd been saving from yesterday. On the upside I'm now a lot more composed, authoritative, and better at Visual Calculus. And I've got some ideas about the so-called "suicide" of Kras Mazov.

Downside is I'm on the verge of a heart attack ... and curling up in a corner to wait for death. Fortunately I have the chemicals to solve that.

Parabalus

Arcane
Is there a limit to the thought cabinet & is internalizing thoughts permanent?

Prime Junta

You have 16 slots, of which you get 3 for free at the start. Forgetting an internalised thought costs a character point.

---> question to someone who's tried that mechanic: what happens to the learning caps raised by the thought, if you've raised a skill past its usual limit? Are those points lost too or do you get to keep them?

I have five Endurance pips and I was still at the end of my tether throughout day 1 - I had no money for nasal spray because I had to spend it all on a bitchin' pair of shades and a fresh t-shirt, you see. Had to. Also had to kick mailboxes, doors and other inanimate objects, with varying degrees of success.

You know, you can get a free ammonia from the gardener chick on the corner?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I am starting to think that having only 1 point in Psychique or Physique isn't really playable.

I just finished another 1 fysique run and got my best ending so far (I did not start yesterday).

You have 16 slots, of which you get 3 for free at the start. Forgetting an internalised thought costs a character point.

---> question to someone who's tried that mechanic: what happens to the learning caps raised by the thought, if you've raised a skill past its usual limit? Are those points lost too or do you get to keep them?

You keep all the skill points you invest even if the cap is lowered. Also pretty sure this works with drugs raising the cap temporarily.

After some sleep, marathonned the game from midnight until I had to start getting ready for work, and I'm probably going to get right back to it until I get too tired from lack of sleep.

That's rare for me.

I left off at around 22:30 on day 2, after cocking it up really bad. Had to run around doing random tasks, including flipping through my dossier, so I could get enough XP to take another crack at showing my authority to the union workers, actually inspecting the body, and pressing the racist truck driver. By the time I was interviewing whatshername (Miss Oranje Disco Dancer) It was around 22:00. Once I went down the stairs, Kim sorta...disappeared? I guess he went to bed, but once I went to whatshername again, it wouldn't let me mention the tape (I gather I need Kim there). I also realized on my way to work that I forgot to talk to the dude in apartment 28. Going fantastic so far.

Stakhanov

Augur
Can anyone point me to the key for the blue door in the hotel?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom