Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

bataille

Arcane
Can anyone point me to the key for the blue door in the hotel?

The window next to one of the hardie boys. I'm not sure what triggers it to become active. Probably that Klaasje business.

Goose

Learned
Kim's shaping up to be one of my favourite NPC's ever too. He's the right balance of sensible quiet rationality and reasonability but who won't bust your balls too much when he sees it's time to say fuck it and get our hands dirty. It's also fun playing the bad cop to his good cop.

Can you kill him? Tell him to piss off? Anything?

What if you're a racist, does it matter?

I'll buy 5 copies right now if you can leave Kim's body in the bear freezer.

Duraframe300

Arcane
We're close to beating the player count of last night. Sadly, still not over 20'000 copies sold though.

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Well, I will no longer read this thread since I don't want to spoil myself, but before I get this there's something I need to know.

Is there a single right-wing and/or fascist guy endorsing this game? Preferably JarlFrank, since he's a monocled gentleman. This is important. Not that I'm scared of a commie game, and in a perfect world I wouldn't care about it, but leftists are known for praising shit propaganda pieces as masterpieces, so i want to know if I'm supporting a genuine good game or not. Besides, I can't trust Prime Junta, he liked Pillars of Eternity.

Last edited:

Stakhanov

Augur
Well, I will no longer read this thread since I don't want to spoil myself, but before I get this there's something I need to know.

Is there a single right-wing and/or fascist guy endorsing this game? Preferably JarlFrank, since he's a monocled gentleman. This is important. Not that I'm scared of a commie game, and in a perfect world I wouldn't care about it, but lefties are know for praising shit propaganda pieces as masterpieces, so i want to know if I'm supporting a genuine good game or not. Besides, I can't trust Prime Junta, he liked Pillars of Eternity.

Not a right-winger, but I'd just point out that all of the political ideologies aren't taken very seriously and get trolled in various ways in the game. Communism is lambasted for its body count, failure to ever be realised, etc. And if you choose to become the "communism builder" things will happen like losing morale because of feeling like it's a quest of sheer hopelessness, or getting treated like an annoying idiot by NPCs. It's more ironic and distanced from political belief as such than some kind of Marxist tract.

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Playing with a 4-5-2-1 build, Electrochemistry as signature skill (for the sweet nicotine and alcohol), 6 hours on the first day. It is indeed great so far. Only con (besides the absolutely retarded censoring) is that the character controls like a boat (or like a console game protagonist). Inland Empire is great, lack of Perception is probably the reason I can basically only interact with people and I spent last night reading a book about the saints of the world while my Encyclopedia trolled me hard. Off to the second day and figuring how to approach that hanging body.. :incline:

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Playing racist is so damn fun.

Fucking foreigners who take our jobs, slutty women who should stay at kitchen and gay microcephals.

Calling them out on it is fun.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Guys, hint.

Empathy gets most checks so far in Psycho cop line.
Inland Empire less, but still often too.

Suggestion gives really good advise.
Authority gives good/bad advises, depends.

Volition and Esprit de Corps also less often checked or less important.

Last edited:

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Playing with a 4-5-2-1 build, Electrochemistry as signature skill (for the sweet nicotine and alcohol), 6 hours on the first day. It is indeed great so far. Only con (besides the absolutely retarded censoring) is that the character controls like a boat (or like a console game protagonist). Inland Empire is great, lack of Perception is probably the reason I can basically only interact with people and I spent last night reading a book about the saints of the world while my Encyclopedia trolled me hard. Off to the second day and figuring how to approach that hanging body.. :incline:

I think you meant Innocense Franconegro you fool!

If you got the lonesome road home thought (usually unlocks for me after the first time talking to Garte about the bill), it's very much worth taking with this build. raises the cap for what you can invest in perception.

We're close to beating the player count of last night. Sadly, still not over 20'000 copies sold though.

And threrein lies the Codex's dirty little secret: while herds of Bethesdians and Biowarites gallop after Todd Howard or the Doctors, mooing "take my money!", the average monocled autist here sails the high seas of piracy or adopts the "oh, I will buy it when it's more reasonably priced on the discount bin..." attitude. And then they dare to act shocked when the next Torment is a co-op shooter with micro-transaction romances.

Terenty

Liturgist
I have a question. Maybe its a bug or smth

How do i succeed passive skill checks that require 10, for example, if i only have 8? I have 4 in the stat and 4 of a skill, it means 8 right? When i look at the description of the successful check it says i have 10. I dont have any items boosting the skill.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
How do i succeed passive skill checks that require 10, for example, if i only have 8? I have 4 in the stat and 4 of a skill, it means 8 right? When i look at the description of the successful check it says i have 10. I dont have any items boosting the skill.
Isn't that a roll as well (albeit hidden)?

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I have a question. Maybe its a bug or smth

I've seen more successful passive checks than I expected. There might be a die roll happening behind the scenes.

Goose

Learned

And threrein lies the Codex's dirty little secret: while herds of Bethesdians and Biowarites gallop after Todd Howard or the Doctors, mooing "take my money!", the average monocled autist here sails the high seas of piracy or adopts the "oh, I will buy it when it's more reasonably priced on the discount bin..." attitude. And then they dare to act shocked when the next Torment is a co-op shooter with micro-transaction romances.

It was always going to be very modest in sales, you're talking about a game with no combat and muh 1 million words of dialogue.

tripedal

Augur
So I have played the first day twice now, one with an INT/MOT build, another with PSY/PHY.

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed at the latter, despite going with high Inland Empire/Shivers there's not that much craziness going on. You talk a bit with the tie at the start and then it's silent. I don't know, maybe those kick in more heavily further down the line.

I do like how differently they play out though.

In any case, regardless of your build you need to put points into Perception, that shit is absolutely essential.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Yes, you need some Perception.

I had 1 Perception and it was bad. You dont even "notice" that first room has broken window.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom