Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Like I'm tempted by magnesium-based lifeform since I go through a lot of it but I don't trust the thoughts enough to really want to keep internalizing them now

Magnesium-based lifeform is +2 volition, -1 logic.

A1F8D546EB694CD550E0422F892A661C57E1015E

should I post all of these thoughts somewhere?

Deleted Member 16721

Has anyone bought the roleplaying game and then crafted dice for it? I assume playing it gives you some neat dialogue and XP, but I'm yet to get the re'al to afford the set.

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Ok found a bug, when talking to the novelty dicemaker I can't end the conversation (I can't scroll up or down, it has at least 9 different conversation options, can't see the last answer or the last option). Is there a hotkey for convo option 10+?

tripedal

Savant
Ok found a bug, when talking to the novelty dicemaker I can't end the conversation (I can't scroll up or down, it has at least 9 different conversation options, can't see the last answer or the last option). Is there a hotkey for convo option 10+?

Try changing your resolution or text size?

Hellion

Arcane
Press ESC during the conversation, go to Options and reduce the text size to something smaller than the maximun. This happened to me at the exact same conversation.

When discussing Moralintern's symbol with Kitsuragi your skills start telling you what they see when they look at the symbol. For instance, Inland Empire says 'Something ominous'.

What does Shivers say?

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Do you know if it breaks anything? I just reloaded and avoided it...

No. You can pursue the same line of questioning again with Kim present. Also, one line that required Kim didn't do anything (i.e. presented the same dialog choices again) and I could retry it when Kim woke up.

Doesn't the mouse wheel work?

BlackGoat

Arbiter
Man, the Pynchon-icity in this game is really off the charts. I love it. Like Crying of Lot 49 as a game

Last edited:

Hellion

Arcane
The fact that this gaming company
supposedly went bankrupt because someone had the idea to add voice-acting to over 10.000 NPC heads
is one of the funniest things I read in the game.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I have to say that I dig the game. The atmosphere is unique, the visual are gorgeous and the story is interesting.

First game in years which is written for a mature audience and I'm not talking about random f-bombs appearing in the text.

On the other hand, the game is on the easy side for me because I've probably chosen a typical build: 1/5/2/4 basically max Volition, all Psyche skills and decent Interfacing.

There are tons of Volition checks but I'm not sure if that is always the case or because I maxed that skill.

In any case maxing a skill is probably a waste of skill points. For example I have like 13 Morale and 9+ Morale packs just from Volition. I simply don't care if I fail a skill check with morale penalty.

Also skill checks seems to be capped at 92% chance therefore you don't need to actually reach the skill cap. Although maybe end game will require max-ed out skills. I don't know yet.

Honestly I think the game could have been more interesting with a default 3/3/3/3 build because then you can really play around with the clothes and the drugs.

With 2 maxed out abilities, some equipment becomes redundant because some skills are already high enough and some equipment becomes inefficient because adding +1 or +2 to a low skill doesn't make the difference (although +1 in one skill always makes the difference in this game).

this was a funny ending
0FF7A26DFD4720ADCCE3715390AE0F7590DCBF39

there are tool tips for the skill checks [basically base skill + dice + modifies]
CBEFAAD7791DE3000301DB10D9769C7BA072EDA1

naming my case
F383FBE96D57472B1E0D43972521FFDFC86B41DB

with great empathy comes great responsibility
8C6ABD962D1CC26A01A2C762005937EBA0B4EF0C

Last edited:

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Also skill checks seems to be capped at 92% chance therefore you don't need to actually reach the skill cap. Although maybe end game will require max-ed out skills. I don't know yet.
It's based on a 2d6 roll, so max roll should be 97.x%.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Okay you metagaming scumbags, I posted a dozen thoughts at the top of my screenshots. I strongly discourage you from looking at them. It's much more fun to find this stuff out organically. But since you can't help yourselves, I'll dig into my other saves and post more.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198009778179/screenshots/?appid=0#scrollTop=0

Why does the game tease you with a goddamn zoom-out? After being a dick and not letting you zoom out? And after it still doesn't let you. This is grade SS+ unity bullshit.
the fucking game is cock-blocking me.

you should be able to zoom out, though.

Inehresa

Educated
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Shit, wasn't expecting much due to some anti-shilling agitprop, but this is really solid. Writing is terrific, as if they hired an actual writer for this (and a good one!), art is stellar and the pacing and storytelling makes for an engaging experience. Closing on my second day and seriously considering doing all-nighter. I'm amazed, they didn't pick that studio name at random. Please zaum fuck my wife.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Do all of those consequences for maxing out the skills actually come into play in the game? Do you really have significant gameplay detriments for hitting the gameplay cap forsuggestion for example?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Surprisingly, IGN gave it a 9.6:

This gave it a 93 Metacritic, which is the highest score of any PC game this year. I know it won't be a best-selling game for the masses, but I feel it will be a cult classic / landmark for the genre, kinda like Bloodlines. I can see this snatching all the "RPG of the Year" awards from Outer Worlds.

BlackGoat

Arbiter
It's going to do really well through word of mouth, I think

I've had a constant compulsive desire to share every little bit of this game with friends

mibbles

codex grandma
Patron
A good chunk of my day went by playing this. Fourteen freaking hours, where did they go? The game is a drug in itself! And I'm only at the end of day 2!

:shredder:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom