Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

POSTAL 4: No Regerts from Running with Scissors

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The game has actual trannies in the sewers. Saw someone bash one with a shovel.

I'm sure this will end well.

schru

Arcane
This is an early version of course and I'm ready to excuse mediocre technical execution given their resources, but that dismemberment doesn't look very good. It's like the bodies are just waiting to fall apart into gory bits at the touch of a weapon and it's not interesting when it happens so easily. The gore doesn't look very gritty either and the behaviour of blood seems less sophisticated than in Postal 2.

Jon St. John is a good voice actor and his inextricable association with Duke is always nice, but he just doesn't feel right in the role of the Dude.

Still, I am looking forward to this, especially if they build on the open-ended approach to the tasks from the second game and design more interesting interior levels this time. Paradise Lost still had the problem with putting the player through what were pretty much linear corridors lined up with enemies, like the police station.

Nietsche

Novice
The game looks like a free production from nonames from epicstore. Looking after the trailer, the game was published 15 years too late

Dexter

Arcane
The game looks like a free production from nonames from epicstore. Looking after the trailer, the game was published 15 years too late
Well, it's on Steam's Top Sellers third day running and already has 1000 "Very Positive" reviews accumulated after three days while in Early Access, but I'll take the random stranger's word for it.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Man I hope they improve the gunplay and overall combat game feel. That's what took me out of POSTAL 2.

POSTAL 4: No Regerts is a satirical and outrageous comedic open world first person shooter and the long-awaited true sequel to what’s been fondly dubbed as “The Worst Game Ever™”, POSTAL 2! (No third game is known to exist.)

:lol:

How did this shit series manage to spawn another game?

How did a shit games like The Last of Us and Skyrim ended up being paraded as one of the best games of the 7th generation?
Questions for a higher power.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Personally I preferred the humor in the one postal 1 expansion with the rich people resort etc (really where they started going the humorous route as opposed to the partial psychological horror of the base game) to Postal 2's southpark turned to 11 stuff.

Still, the dude's delivery and reactions are a large part of what makes these games fun for me, and he was best in P2.

I hope they'll put more effort into the gameplay systems and optimization this time, though.
Wouldn't hurt for them to make a great game for once, not just a funny, janky one.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Interesting comment from one of the devs:
"
Well....a) thanks for the support and b) we are like herpes. Well never actually go away and always come back when you least expect it ;)

So it goes like this: RWS is like a club. People come and people go. Our team is made up of 100% POSTAL fans that are working on their favorite game. We have all toughed it out through the thick and thin and Steam has really brought us back to life. We’ve sold a few million copies of p2 since 2012 as well as plenty of Paradise Lost and Redux copies.

Of course some of us have other jobs and work nights and kill ourselves to get this shit out. But we do it. And for whatever reason the fans seem to appreciate it. So well keep doing it until we can’t."

Sounds like a incline studio.

CyberModuled

Savant
Good to know

424vng.png

Parsifarka

Arcane
It's like a special ed class in here.
Indeed. Jack directed the most obvious Postal 2 reference ever against you and your reply was "muh butturt! momma teach you that? XDXD". It takes someone really special.
It's either one of these modern post-ironic retarded performances or a clueless shitposting embarrassing even for Codex standards.

JDR13

Arcane
It's like a special ed class in here.
Indeed. Jack directed the most obvious Postal 2 reference ever against you and your reply was "muh butturt! momma teach you that? XDXD". It takes someone really special.
It's either one of these modern post-ironic retarded performances or a clueless shitposting embarrassing even for Codex standards.

Gee, I apologize for not being a Postal fanboy cuck. After all, Postal 2 is 16 years old at this point, and people around here seem to forgot what an abomination Postal 3 was.

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron
Postal 3? What are you talking about?

Please don't tell me you're actually factoring a game RWS had nothing to do with into this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom