Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Jezal_k23

Anyone else has had a bug with the shoe on the balcony? Figured out several hours later that the quest doesn't complete itself and in fact I got nothing when I picked up the shoe on the balcony. What do I do? Kasparov

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anyone else has had a bug with the shoe on the balcony? Figured out several hours later that the quest doesn't complete itself and in fact I got nothing when I picked up the shoe on the balcony. What do I do? Kasparov

It's a known bug, at least has been mentioned in this thread and on Steam forums.. iirc Kasparov said to either reload the save or to SHUT. IT. DOWN. and relaunch

Insert Title Here
I'm on day 2 and playing as a centrist Regular Law Official concentrated mostly on solving the case, and gotta say I'm really enjoying the actual police work. Interrogations, discovering new things about the victim and the way he died, radioing the station to find more information about serial numbers... It's all very satisfying.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Is there any other way to get your gun back aside from accepting the offer from union fatman?
Cuz i said "fuck you, i'm not falling for your blackmail shit", and then the game literally told me that there was no other way and i should reconsider my decision. It's kinda bad.

BlackGoat

Arbiter
I'm on day 2 and playing as a centrist Regular Law Official concentrated mostly on solving the case, and gotta say I'm really enjoying the actual police work. Interrogations, discovering new things about the victim and the way he died, radioing the station to find more information about serial numbers... It's all very satisfying.
Yes. Maybe it's because I've been playing thru them recently, but this game seems like a perfected version of (at least) the first two Tex Murphy games, and the Blade Runner adventure

Last edited:

Rieser

Scholar
Question about the "mexican standoff" scene (day 3, for me);

Is there a way to talk your way out of it? My character is focused around smooth-talking and I succeeded in all the available checks when you try to talk the perp down, but I still end up in a firefight (and I unfortunately didn't recover my gun before this - oops).

:despair:

7BD7633C2DEF3970823D8747DE57DF72C3807C15

Goose

Learned
Why do Latro and Goose hate this game?

It's an honour to be mentioned by the literal Hitler

Everything in it reads like agitprop to me, I'm sorry I can't see it any other way. It just annoys me.

Art/Sound is beautiful, there is some good writing mixed with some overly ironic stuff. The game certainly has soul unlike Numenera.

Last edited:

gongal

Educated
Damn, the "politics" layer of this game is extremely heavy-handed at times...

1. Communism can't be that bad, can it?
2. Heil hitler and fuck women!

*be whoever you want to be btw*

Also feels like the main plot is only an excuse to make a very simple situation political.

Last edited:

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I love this stuff. The game has a bunch of these set-piece situations where your past behavior can stack the odds against you in a very public red check. Often the stuff you get in trouble for seemed like the most natural thing in the world at the time. Why shouldn’t you ask the first NPC you meet if she can tell you your identity? What could go wrong?

was this after the composure check when they tell you to go talk to Oranje Disco Dancer and you realize you’ve already met? I failed that check hard.

Goose

Learned
It keeps trying to trick me into becoming a communist. I won't have it.
Everything in the game legit pisses me off, it's like the writer is trying to pick a fight with me, it's annoying as hell.

Like Latro said, it feels like a reddit post from some snarky leftist, and I want to smack them.

Latro

Arcane
Everything in the game legit pisses me off, it's like the writer is trying to pick a fight with me, it's annoying as hell.

Like latro said, it feels like a reddit post from some snarky leftist, and I want to smack them.
I'm not bothered by the politics, but the writer is using the humor to try to make it go down smoother...it didn't work out.

frajaq

Erudite
Finished the game, think I got a good ending so that's nice

Wondering about which kind of character to go next

Also have some spoiler-y question:

There was no moment in the game where I got a flashback sequences about Du Bois's woman leaving him, like it showed in the trailer for the game, did anyone get that and how?

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Like Latro said, it feels like a reddit post from some snarky leftist, and I want to smack them.

With your build you probably get a heart attack and die when you try to smack someone

v1rus

Arcane
Finished the game, think I got a good ending so that's nice

Wondering about which kind of character to go next

Also have some spoiler-y question:

There was no moment in the game where I got a flashback sequences about Du Bois's woman leaving him, like it showed in the trailer for the game, did anyone get that and how?

What would you say, how long on average is the game?

Sentinel

Arcane
is this really selling badly? because it's been in #1 top seller everytime i see it.

i expect i would make half of estonia's GDP by the first week
there were no pre-orders so it's not a surprise if numbers are lower than expected.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom