Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This doesn't bode well for this game. Sounds just like Alpha Protocol which was delayed, was still released unfinished and flopped.
That's a really random comparison, and you're also missing part of the story. Though Sega delayed Alpha Protocol from 2009 to June 2010, they didn't let Obsidian do any work on the game after late 2009.

And we learnt this only afterwards. When the game was delayed, they also claimed they wanted to polish it more, which is the standard thing to say in such cases (sometimes it is true, sometimes it points out to lack of money etc.).

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
BREAKING NEWS
For the first time in 10 years, the development of a video game has been delayed. Since conditions and implications are likely identical, experts are analyzing the one other time this ever happened.

Nines_Anarch

Learned
388h.jpg

Wesp5

Arcane
I think this is the right decision. Two things made Bloodlines 1 fail commercially: 1. it was released unfinished and buggy and 2. it was released at the same day as blockbuster Half-Life 2. Bloodlines 2 should not make the same mistakes!

NullFlow

Savant
This was the wisest thing to do. The game did not look ready for early 2020 with its lack of refinement and it would get murdered in sales by its competition in Q1 2020.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Even after all the polish, it's going to look like junk after Cyberpunk, just as AP looked like junk after ME2 and no amount of additional polish was going to make up for that.

Even after all the polish, it's going to look like junk after Cyberpunk, just as AP looked like junk after ME2 and no amount of additional polish was going to make up for that.
Buy you see, they can always use the time to polish the political-correctness of the game, and as we know, that's what *really* matters.

Prime Junta

We're well into the diminishing returns point with graphics upgrades. It won't look as good but only A-grade graphics whores will pay attention. It'll stand or fall on art direction, not technology. Applies to both games.

Perkel

Arcane
We're well into the diminishing returns point with graphics upgrades. It won't look as good but only A-grade graphics whores will pay attention. It'll stand or fall on art direction, not technology. Applies to both games.

People said that before when Dragon Age Inqusition won GOTY in major outlets. And then year later Witcher 3 hit and all of those outlets described DAI as some sort of stone age game.

It is about full package now. It is not just graphics technology alone. TW3 had impressive graphics technology but you could easily name 5 other games that had better tech. The difference was in how TW3 used that tech and other stuff that is contained in full package. Like Animation, how characters gesticulate, make eye contact, use props.

And CB2077 looks like even ups that ante as in marriages "cinematic" charcter dialogs from TW3 with real time gameplay where you can stop that talk almost at any time or modify it via doing something with charcters reacting to that dynamically (though we don't know if this was just for demo as fake or this will be used in whole game)

Bloodlines was actually one of the first RPGs that introduced character gesticulation and expressive dialogs. It also was inspiration for TW3 devs (along gothic)

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
the development got stuck figuring out what the unlockable rewards on the bloodlines2 site should be

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Staying far away from march/april release-date is wise. Cyberpunk 2077 is gonna make everybody their bitch around that 1-4 month period, so best to release late 2020.

I wonder what Fargo and Wasteland 3 thinks about releasing it close to CP

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I wonder what Fargo and Wasteland 3 thinks about releasing it close to CP

Wasteland 3 is a very different game, aimed at different audience.

Doesn't matter what game it is. Cyberpunk 2077 is gonna suck every ounce of interest out of the rest of releases those entire months, trust me. It's gonna vacuum everything. Steer clear of that release-date regardless of what game you're trying to release (almost) :p

Prime Junta

Don't mean to shit on your parade, but i'm having difficulty being excited for anything involving Fargo after the mediocre W2, the middling BT4, and the disastrous BT4 enhanced edition. There is literally 0 reason to be excited for W3.

You forgot T:ToN.

Probably for the better.

I'm not boycotting them or anything but W3 is definitely a "hold." If somebody whose taste I respect plays it and likes it I might go for it but otherwise :keepmyjewgold:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom