Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Vatnik Wumao
How the eff do people manage these sub-20-hour runs? I'm 2 days in with about 11 hours playtime, and I feel like I rushed through day 1 because I had already seen most of it.
Finishing Day 1 took me 10h, but I really abused the fact time stopped running at 2 AM, and just slowly went to do everything that was still available.
Wait, what?

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
But even if the game's lenght was half of that I wouldn't feel like the 40 euros were too much.
Looked at your avatar first only, and I thought to myself: "Fanta paying 40 eur for a game, what kind of a world do we live in now?"

But then I realized everything is as it should be.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
btw

I'm surprised nobody's picked Evrart as an avatar yet. There's something highly Codexian about his face. Or is it just missing from the gallery? If so somebody needs to get on that, stat

RPLke2U.png
Too much hair and fat to be an adequate representation of yours truly. I see he's man of taste by the palette he has chosen for his outfit, though.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
How the eff do people manage these sub-20-hour runs? I'm 2 days in with about 11 hours playtime, and I feel like I rushed through day 1 because I had already seen most of it.

And I'm also a fast reader.

I've already posted speed run guide, didn't it?

Child of Malkav

Erudite
1. Can you do a 1/1/1/1 character or does your character die from trying to breathe with such low stats?
2. On how many skills should you focus? This game requires specialization? Or spreading your stats around is enough? How generous is the game with the skill points?
I'm at work now so didn't start playing yet.

AlsGaming

Novice
Got an ending after 15 hours of gameplay. I feel that I missed out on a fair bit with low INT and MOT as well as not levelling the best skills. So a 2nd playthrough is definitely warranted. I still think it's a great game though, fun as a detective game and to roleplay in. The music, writing and world makes for a pretty engaging experience. Definitely not a game for everyone though, I can see a lot of people getting bored. Sometimes I felt the pacing did get slowed down at certain parts, but I think that was my 1 INT character having to scrape the entire map for clues.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Hand on heart, if IGN had given it a 4/10, would you be going "wow, IGN hates it, this has got to be awesome?"
No, but that's not how red flags usually works. The opposite of a red flag is rarely a default "good sign" as much as a red flag is a bad one. Journos embracing something is usually a really bad sign these days, whereas them panning it or giving a lukewarm reception at least carries the potential of being good. It being lauded by long-time confirmed retards here and elsewhere as well as the developers being called out as gommies by people such as yourself just adds to a mounting pile.

That being said, I don't want to be one of those that bury my head in the sand just because the game is endorsed by tardbeasts such as Felipeepee and the tranny-brigade's "omg such politicizing xD". Once in a blue moon, stars can align, and things not be shit, and even bad games often have positive aspects to them which I think can be mined for good ideas for future games and discussions.

Now, Inland Empire or Empathy? I'm going to go for Weak Motorics, Average Physique, and all the drugs.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
By the way, I had gotten the impression that this was a PC game, but if so, why is the UI such a bloated, lolhueg mess? Parts of it (at least) seemed to be made to be viewed across a room. Text size was adjustable (albeit only 3 settings) but the rest is just grotesque. That said, I only had time to pretty much boot it up before leaving home today.

vota DC

Augur
long and complex dialogues + slow as hell protagonist + time constraints. this doesn't work.
He isn't so slow, you will lose more time in day 2 going up and down in 4 room transition (where there a brief loading between each One) than covering big distances.

Deleted Member 16721

Also keep in mind (and I believe Junta mentioned this) but time only moves when you're in dialogue of some sort. So you can take your sweet time deciding where to explore and who to talk to.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Also keep in mind (and I believe Junta mentioned this) but time only moves when you're in dialogue of some sort. So you can take your sweet time deciding where to explore and who to talk to.
yeah, i feel like this part should be elaborated a bit in-game. i had a friend asked me yesterday how time works, and i wouldn't know if i dont hang around in codex or the discord

Deleted Member 16721

yeah, i feel like this part should be elaborated a bit in-game. i had a friend asked me yesterday how time works, and i wouldn't know if i dont hang around in codex or the discord

Agreed, because when someone hears time limits or time passes in game, they think it's going to be a timed game where you're rushed. I'm really glad they did it the way they did.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I also had an impression that plot-crucial events and dialogues "eat" more from the clock than inane-questioning of less important npc. With an exception of book/file reading that takes more time, but notifies about it in advance.

Prime Junta

Agreed, because when someone hears time limits or time passes in game, they think it's going to be a timed game where you're rushed.I'm really glad they did it the way they did.

I have a hunch they've played a fair bit of Baldur's Gate 2 and got some good ideas on how not to do it there. It's super counter-intuitive...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom