Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Oh man, I fucked up so hard after
not bothering to check this God damn window in blond bitch's room again after arresting her
. Jesus. The carnage.

I wonder if I can salvage it now. On to the island we go.

vota DC

Augur
Does it change the game a lot choosing one archetype or another?

I mean, is it obligatory to go with thinker as it was for example on pst with high int to not lose all the lore, or you can go with sensitive or whatever and have a fair run?

It changes a hell of a lot, and whatever you pick, you're guaranteed to miss something.

If you're a lorefag, go with high Intellect. Don't expect to have much of a love life though.

Thoughts help much. Even if you neglect an attribute you should make some key skills decent: from Intellect is surely Visual Calculus and a little less Logic while neglecting the other three isn't that punishing, for Physique is mainly endurance then maybe you could use some eletrochemistry, pain threshold and shivers while you can safely skip halflight and physical instrument seems for violent guys that already invested in physique, for Motorics is perception where you must invest even if you dumped motorics here every point seems to help while other skills like composure you must have a decent value of motorics to achieve something.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I'm actually looking forward to metagaming and minmaxing this to hell and back again... in later playthroughs.

But right now I'm savouring playing it blind. You can only ever play a game the first time once.

How exactly are you playing it blind after spending last 3 months spamming the forums about different builds you are trying.

Tigranes

Arcane
Day 2 simple question about a tape

Bedroom audio is broken and if there's a way to fix it I don't have the skills to make them show. I can buy from pawnshop for 8 if I have the cash. Are there other options? Just need nudges in general direction, or to know that there's no other way to search for.

Prime Junta

How exactly are you playing it blind after spending last 3 months spamming the forums about different builds you are trying.

Hey, how can you not know that, you've been acknowledging my agenda on all my posts? Don't you even read them?

I never played past part-way into day 2. I did not want to spoil myself. I did play the fuck out of day 1 though, but most of that was before summer.

Prime Junta

Day 2 simple question about a tape

Bedroom audio is broken and if there's a way to fix it I don't have the skills to make them show. I can buy from pawnshop for 8 if I have the cash. Are there other options? Just need nudges in general direction, or to know that there's no other way to search for.

As far as I know that's your only option.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
I'm running it on an i7 with intel graphics 520. Every setting at its lowest at 768p lags a bit in some parts, but it's playable.

Man, that paranormal questline in the bookstore was great. Gotta be wary of the third entity from now on.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer

Madawc

Educated
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
omJL77O.png

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Ok, guys, you convinced me.

After 2 days of reading this thread I decided to believe the hype and did what I rarely do: purchased the game, paying full price on GoG.

And I already have Underrail.

Have a good one, Estonian commies.

I am putting my Greedfall playthrough on hold and begin playing Disco Elysium tonight. This better be good now! My faith in the RPGCodex community's taste relies on that!

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, I will no longer read this thread since I don't want to spoil myself, but before I get this there's something I need to know.

Is there a single right-wing and/or fascist guy endorsing this game? Preferably JarlFrank, since he's a monocled gentleman. This is important. Not that I'm scared of a commie game, and in a perfect world I wouldn't care about it, but leftists are known for praising shit propaganda pieces as masterpieces, so i want to know if I'm supporting a genuine good game or not. Besides, I can't trust Prime Junta, he liked Pillars of Eternity.

I endorse this game. It's a lot of fun and the racist characters in the game are not merely portrayed as caricatures. Of course, the overall understanding of right-wing talking points is somewhat shallow (you often get typical basic bitch right wing opinions to express, like "foreigners be taking muh jobs), but there's also some genuinely good stuff like discussing race theory with Measurehead. Communism is also not portrayed as the super best thing that will solve all problems, but actually receives some criticism too, so it's overall balanced as far as politics go. The leader of the workers' union, for example, is a slimy blob of fat who tries to coerce you into working for him, and there's a sympathetic traditionalist right-wing old man who wants the good old days back, so it's not like the game associates having a certain ideology with being a good or a bad person.

Of course, you can also completely disregard politics and just be a dunk hobocop who gives more of a shit about getting his next fix than thinking about social issues.

The writing is genuinely good, the characters are great and have actual personalities, there's plenty of hilarious ways to fuck up, and finally succeeding at a task after multiple failed attempts feels great.

Played it for 6 hours last night, finishing the first day of the game. Gonna tackle the second day today after work. Very fun game, love exploring the world and interacting with the characters.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Another useful thing you can edit in your savegames is the time of day. Imagine that its your first day and you fuck about without taking care of the muderder investigation, its late in the day and you wanted to have done more stuff...

In the save file, amognst the first few lines there one about the day and another about the minutes,

},
"sunshineClockTimeHolder": {
"time": {
"dayCounter": 1,
"realDayCounter": 1,
"dayMinutes": 481,
"seconds": 25

To turn back time back to 8AM so you can progress more, just set it to 480 minutes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom