Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If Wasteland 3 will be on par with Wasteland 2, it will be good enough for me because I've finished Wasteland 2 and liked it. If not, then I will not look into InXile games anymore. Can't say anything about Torment because I've played it only for a little while and haven't formed my opinion about it. What I was saying about Wasteland 3 and Cyberpunk was that they are aimed at different audiences and Cyberpunk won't kill Wasteland 3 because people who are interested in Wasteland 3 will play it regardless of Cyberpunk. As for Bloodlines 2, it is much more similar for Cyperpunk and could suffer from competition with it. The wise way would be to stress how much different they are and that Bloodlines is more about role-playing and writing while Cyberpunk is primarily an action game (as much as I know, I haven't followed Cyberpunk closely). So the disaster with Half-Life 2 won't be repeated.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
We're well into the diminishing returns point with graphics upgrades. It won't look as good but only A-grade graphics whores will pay attention. It'll stand or fall on art direction, not technology. Applies to both games.

I'm purely talking about facial and combat animations.

I'm not boycotting them or anything but W3 is definitely a "hold." If somebody whose taste I respect plays it and likes it I might go for it but otherwise :keepmyjewgold:
Yeah same here. Certainly not a first-day purchase for me, though i won't be mad if the game's good. I'll be pleasantly surprised.

biggestboss

Liturgist
I think Wasteland 3 will be better than this and The Outer Worlds. This opinion is entirely flavored by the fact that I met George Ziets last year at GDEX in Ohio and got to hear a little bit about its development and design priorities.

Nines_Anarch

Learned
Even after all the polish, it's going to look like junk after Cyberpunk, just as AP looked like junk after ME2 and no amount of additional polish was going to make up for that.

Bloodlines 2 as a RPG already looks more interesting and promising than Cyberpunk 2077.

In fact, even ELEX was a more reactive RPG than The Witcher 3.

Honestly, the only good RPG that CDProjekt RED has ever done is TW 1.

Last edited:
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Even after all the polish, it's going to look like junk after Cyberpunk, just as AP looked like junk after ME2 and no amount of additional polish was going to make up for that.

Bloodlines 2 as a RPG already looks more interesting and promising than Cyberpunk 2077.

In fact, even ELEX was a more reactive RPG than The Witcher 3.

Honestly, the only good RPG that CDProjekt RED has ever done is TW 1.
The Witcher II is among the most reactive RPG's (in terms of c&c) I know.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Yeah let's not exaggerate. Each of the Witchers have their strengths, different ones.

TW1 has the best atmosphere, the best feel of being a Witcher with a great emphasis on preparing for monster encounters. The Witcher 2 has better combat and a huge fork in the storyline. The Witcher 3 has some great writing.

Ninjerk

Arcane
At the risk of putting more fuel on the thread-splitting fire, comparing TW1 and TW2 and using the word "better" in either direction feels wrong.

The more that time goes by, the more glad I am that I haven't played TW3.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
You're slipping Infinitron and Crispy. You forgot to change that to "lewks". Can't even LARP a shill with consistency. SAD!

bruup, wrong

lewk is a noun
look is a verb

how the fuck do I even know that at my age
I feel a connection with that recent post of yours where you explain that your wife won't let you talk to teenage girls.

The Real Fanboy
You're slipping Infinitron and Crispy. You forgot to change that to "lewks". Can't even LARP a shill with consistency. SAD!

bruup, wrong

lewk is a noun
look is a verb

how the fuck do I even know that at my age

Because you're part of The DE Squad sis!

giphy.gif

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yeah let's not exaggerate. Each of the Witchers have their strengths, different ones.

TW1 has the best atmosphere, the best feel of being a Witcher with a great emphasis on preparing for monster encounters. The Witcher 2 has better combat and a huge fork in the storyline. The Witcher 3 has some great writing.
:flamesaw:
Only if you are a console peasant

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is a good presentation. They're listing the elements of the game they decided they had to improve one by one, with details. Combat, dialogue facial animations. They say Hardsuit was too small to do this stuff at an acceptable level of quality and they had to spend the year hiring more people.

There will be a Bloodlines 2 Q&A session tomorrow.

Last edited:

vota DC

Augur

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom