Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It seems a little weird that the reward tiers are in USD, but the stretch goals are in GBP. Can you not show the total in USD by default if you're not in the US? Well, maybe the reward tiers aren't in USD and he just thought that £80.87 was the sweet spot for this tier which just happens to be $100.

df23eac9c915fb0735f506f2e8f60f9b_original.png

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I will mostly back but I doubt that I will back on the $100 tier. I'll probably go for the first two modules and then buy the rest if I like what I got.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
A really nice feature for the tokens would be if he makes it easily exposed such that you can just copy your own images somewhere into the game installation to override default tokens, that way people can create their own token sets.

McPlusle

Savant
Parts of this look absolutely phenomenal and I really want this to take off and have a huge wealth of custom content but that feature list looks almost too good to be true, unless of course all the hundreds of feats, spells, skills, etc. have already been implemented. If so, then this looks like it really could be the "D&D Maker" I've wanted forever. Also, stick with tokens, please.

Animated GIF: The acid version of Power Fireball, followed by a five-foot step.
I do hope there's an option to have all the damage values for AoE spells pop up simultaneously instead of sequentially for speed's sake.

Dorateen

Arcane
You want a worthy successor to the GOLD BOX series from the venerable SSI! Not just a single game- but a whole series of exciting modules, each one bringing new interface improvements, new monsters, new tactics, new quests, new environments for your player characters to adventure in!

This makes me grunt harder than a Tim Allen neanderthal.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I'll be surprised if this thing even reaches the goal to get all three modules, but I'm hopeful.

Well, let's hope he has a marketing plan, i despise streamers but Solasta involving one in his kickstarter was an interesting move, money wise, with something similar, he should raise way more, we know his skills, we knows he delivers and his plans are amazing, that's probably the only opportunity to get and infinite adventure engine with tactical turn based combat in the next decades, besides the original game and the 3 modules goodness.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Looks like the game won't come out this year after all...

So is the game still "finished" in the sense that we'll get it immediately after the Kickstarter ends, or are you going to go back and make changes to it to allow the sprites? I'm so ready to play this game. I hope it's as fun as the first one.

by BlueSalamander » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:52 pm

You'll get it immediately after the KS ends, and it will be improved once the sprites are ready.

I did put the KS page content online: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1848628223/947609585?ref=8amqiu&token=df2b2dd2

I will update the page when I get new content from the artist, or when I need to do some changes.

Sadly, I don't think I can make it this year. Probably going to be late January.

Reasons:
- I'm feeling really bad now because of terrible gum pain (right now I'm only surviving by swishing salt water... all of the time it seems)
- I have to take steps to avoid damaging fiscal consequences
- On top of that, I have to sort out a number of real-life issues.

Maybe I'll use some of the extra time to create the Mac version, prepare the text of KS updates, etc.

jungl

Augur
been playing lot of super robot wars 5 lately. Looking at screenshots of Knights of chalice 2 they both are similar somewhat. Tons of enemies, optional objectives every map, lot of super enemies dragons hydras and the like. I wonder if it possible edit the party size to 12 or more in player made modules.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
by BlueSalamander » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:42 pm
Thank you guys! I'm fine now. Correct, I have to change the estimated delivery dates. As for a reward tier specifically for KotC 1, I have to think about it some more, but maybe I can have a system of add-ons. So maybe you can pledge at any reward level, and by adding USD 10 or so, you'd get a KotC 1 Steam key. Add-ons work as explained in this page: https://support.peakdesign.com/hc/e...dd-on-Items-to-your-Reward-Kickstarter-Pledge

Today I posted this on the KS page:

Hello all, here's a quick update: in the past couple of weeks I created the Mac OS version, so I'll be able to deliver both the Windows and Mac versions immediately after the end of the KS.

Hopefully, I can launch the KS in late January or early February. I know it's been delayed too many times and I sincerely apologise for that. Best regards & thank you for your interest everyone!
icon_e_smile.gif

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
by BlueSalamander » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:29 pm

Hello, RPG lovers!

Apologies for the radio silence, mainly due to the fact that I'm in the process of moving again. In the past weeks, I added code for sprite handling and I imported into KotC 2 all of the sprites from KotC 1. New sprites can be added to the game very easily. Of course, we should get new high-resolution sprites after the Kickstarter, and ideally I'd like the sprites to display the correct weapons being held by each character.

Still, I figure it's not bad to also have the choice to use the KotC 1 sprites, and it allows me to take some pictures and make a video with animated sprites instead of tokens. There's a switch in the game options allowing you to select whether you want to see sprites or tokens. The character sheet now allows you to change your character's sprite and token at any time.

I also created an instagram account and posted a few pictures of the game with the KotC 1 sprites. There's a link to the instagram (@heroicfantasygames, http://www.instagram.com/HeroicFantasyGames) in the website's menu. I've just posted on Twitter too; feel free to have a look.

Finally, I've been collecting email addresses for the Kickstarter and preparing other small things like KS update texts.

I'm planning to prepare some more KS update texts and I expect to launch this KS in early February; will confirm the date in January. Also have to update the KS page with the new dates, updated dollar amounts and new info about the Mac OS version.

PS. The Steam version of KotC 1 is now on sale on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1083760/Knights_of_the_Chalice/

Thank you for reading! Merry Christmas to you and best wishes for the New Year!!
icon_e_smile.gif

Last edited:

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
This is the picture from instagram:
upload_2019-12-29_7-6-3.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-29_7-5-14.png
    upload_2019-12-29_7-5-14.png
    298.3 KB · Views: 225
  • upload_2019-12-29_7-5-49.png
    upload_2019-12-29_7-5-49.png
    298.3 KB · Views: 212

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom