Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
After watching two of these interviews back-to-back I gotta say Nittai Podar comes across as a total bro. Cool-headed and says all the right things. If he's as good at narrative design as he is at talking then he'll be going places.

Yes, watching that guy talk was quite an upgrade after Megan, like, Starks, like, was, you know, promoting, like, the Outer Worlds, you know.

How dare you talk shit about best girl her , you know , she has great legs , you know , and talk like a refine woman, you know.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"There should be RP at every moment". But you can't even role play as someone who isn't a cop in Disco Elysium.
Don't be an idiot. "Role-playing" doesn't mean that there is no setting, or no story, or no restrictions on what kind of character you can create. It's OK for an RPG to be about something.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What is this strange sunlight that's always shining on NPCs faces even when indoors?
It's lighting so you can see the stuff in the game. Same way in movies, they have some light for the audience's benefit even if the characters are "canonically" in a dark room. "Stumbling around in the dark simulators" can be a lot of fun, but not every game has to be one.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What is this strange sunlight that's always shining on NPCs faces even when indoors?
It's lighting so you can see the stuff in the game. Same way in movies, they have some light for the audience's benefit even if the characters are "canonically" in a dark room. "Stumbling around in the dark simulators" can be a lot of fun, but not every game has to be one.
Sure, I know artificial lights are placed in indoor scenes, but this is sunlight indoors. It makes as much sense as rain clipping through the roof in Witcher 3.

Duraframe300

Arcane
System Requirements are out

Greetings employees of Halcyon,

We would like to share with you the System Requirements for The Outer Worlds.

System Requirements for The Outer Worlds

Minimum

CPU: Intel Core i3-3225 or AMD Phenom II X6 1100T

RAM: 4GB

GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti or AMD HD 7850

HDD Space: 40GB

Recommended

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K or Ryzen 5 1600

RAM: 8GB

GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB or Radeon RX 470

Thank you for your patience while this was compiled, and remember, Auntie Cleo's is better than nature!

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist

Minimum

Recommended

Thank you for your patience while this was compiled, and remember, Auntie Cleo's is better than nature!

YAY, my toaster gonna run this GLORIOUS game.

Source?

Last edited:

Duraframe300

Arcane

Minimum

Recommended

> 4GB

YAY, my toaster gonna run this GLORIOUS game.

Source?

New Community/Social Media Manager Shyla

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/110563-system-requirements-for-the-outer-worlds/

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Ironic how this seems to be far less demanding than their "2D" games :D

If there's one thing we would all agree on, it's that Unity HQ should be nuked from orbit and the remaining the crater should filled with toxic acid and buried under reinforced concrete.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
They have a story mode you might prefer.

Eating/drinking/sleeping will be nuisance mechanics as they were in New Vegas. I can tolerate that for one playthrough and then never again if I have the option to not have it. It'd be perfectly fine without it.

Ironic how this seems to be far less demanding than their "2D" games :D

I meet Deadfire's minimum. Not this one though.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom