Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

great. now all the decrepit corners in great urban centers in Asia will get photographed and submitted

"Please note that only minor edits and adjustments to Photograph, an unedited raw file of the photograph must be kept for verification purposes."

minor like in the case of cosplay contest where all the bitches used photoshop ad nauseam to make themselves perfect and plasticky?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zer0wing

Cipher
minor like in the case of cosplay contest where all the bitches used photoshop ad nauseam to make themselves perfect and plasticky?
The igromir "bitches" must be photoshopping on their own faces to get the look right. Ouch.

CharacterNik

Novice
Found perfect soundtrack for this game.
Kkomrade 7 : https://youtu.be/IDFXRdDXla4
Get out of here with this cheap, unimaginative, bald headed Rasputin imitation. If you intend to use something like this, then use always the unique originals since 1980 and they have at least a good taste in clothing:

Yes, they are very good clothed for a slow death in Siberian concentration camp.

Your music is good . What i posted is a cheap remix of timeless , instrumental classic from 80s .

Darkzone

Arcane
Yes, they are very good clothed for a slow death in Siberian concentration camp.
Your music is good . What i posted is a cheap remix of timeless , instrumental classic from 80s .
Nice answer and i really liked the Siberian part. Just a side note: they are slovenian avantgard.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3621721

Cyberpunk 2077 - CD Projekt Red on Pushing Graphics Tech Forward and Building Night City

At PAX Australia we had the chance to sit down with John Mamais, the head of CD Projekt Red’s Krakow studio.

“It's been a huge jump in terms of the number of people needed to make the game,” John Mamais, studio head at CD Projekt Red’s Krakow studio tells me. We’re discussing one of the most anticipated game releases of 2020 – the studio’s follow-up to award-winning The Witcher III: Wild Hunt, with the ambitious and stunning retro-future RPG Cyberpunk 2077.

With the release of Geralt’s third outing as a monster slayer turned saviour, CD Projekt Red grew considerably to match the vision the team had for the conclusion of The Witcher trilogy. Create a AAA-sized cap to match the indie thrift store pants and sweater that made up the first two outings. Exact numbers aside, at the height of The Witcher’s development the studio was home to around just under 200 people. As Cyberpunk 2077’s development commenced in full, and as the scope became clearer, the CDPR studio size now sits at around 500.

“We weren't smart enough to know how many people we needed,” John admits. “When we wrote the initial concept [for Cyberpunk 2077], we didn't know. So, we grew alongside the design as it was developing. And really, you don't know how many cinematic animators you’re going to need until you have a scope for the number of scenes you’re going to have in the game. We didn't have that in the beginning, we just knew we wanted to have cool cinematics and we knew that we were going to be at least as big as The Witcher 3. We ended up hiring a lot more people than what we needed for The Witcher because the fidelity and overall requirements of 2077 crept up on us.”

At a glance, the bustling setting of Cyberpunk 2077’s Night City screams ambition and awe-inspiring potential – cemented by the substantial snippets of gameplay we’ve seen so far. But it’s this first glance where Cyberpunk 2077 sets itself immediately apart from the AAA-pack – Geralt included. Visuals that feel on the cutting edge of what you’d expect to find an open-world RPG. Selling immersion at a scale that boggles the mind. Naturally, the new verticality and high-tech setting of Night City posed technical challenges for the team. Who set about creating this world using the foundation and tools created for The Witcher III.

“The streaming system had to be overhauled because, well, you're moving a lot faster when you’re in a vehicle,” John continues, in a not-so-obvious dig at Roach. “So, we had to rework and rewrite how all that works. Also, there's vertical streaming now. The Witcher is almost like a 2D game in comparison, its world was flat. [With Cyberpunk 2077] you're going up and into huge buildings, so it is a case of vertical and horizontal streaming and hardware speeds impact that. We had to rewrite the tech to support all of that.”

Now, this is not to say that if an environment and objects and things to do in an open-world are doubled that team sizes need to follow suit. CD Projekt Red also invested time in creating new tools to make Cyberpunk’s development easier on designers and world builders.

“Given the size and scope, we have to do some procedural generation of the things you see,” John adds. “Like, you don't want artists to go in and place individual pipes or place pieces of trash, so we had to incorporate a lot of things like that into our process. Create things like a ‘trash layer’.” When it comes to designing levels or creating them, the team’s toolset for designers is called the ‘hierarchical prefabs pipeline’. “It's basically a way how we build the levels out - using prefabs where you can go in and build out the world like it's like a Lego set.”

One of the most impressive sequences from Cyberpunk’s gameplay debut was witnessing the bustling traffic at a Night City intersection. A snippet of footage that did little more than set the scene. And that’s not bustling in terms of futuristic vehicles that look a little bit like someone merged the best of both Lamborghini and Ferrari – but people and crowds moving about in a realistic fashion.

“We kind of had to do it cause it's a big city setting, right?” John tells me. “You need crowds of people moving around or it won’t look right. It was very technically challenging, and still is. We're still working on it in fact. Last time I talked to the Technical Director, he talked its current status as a real achievement, where we’ve got all these people in the same space moving around. And different to what we’ve seen before because The Witcher had crowds, but if you look closely, they're very similar to each other in how they look and move. In Cyberpunk these are all, in a way, unique characters moving around the space. And it's a combination of AI, tech, and art. I don't know even know how to explain how it exactly works - but I can say that it was fucking hard and that we're still working on it.”

As a studio, CD Projekt Red is pushing the visual envelope with Cyberpunk. Even though The Witcher III still looks fantastic and can put any high-end gaming rig through its paces, Cyberpunk 2077 is taking everything to the next level. And in one case, the next-generation of hardware. “We started working on that about a year ago,” John tells me when asked about Cyberpunk’s use of real-time ray-tracing. “It's not something we started with because ray-tracing is also a recent thing within the industry. And we use ray-tracing for emissive lights to make adverts and the neon lighting you see look amazing. We also use ray-traced ambient occlusion and ray-tracing for the skyline.”

Although PC-specific, and at launch tied to hardware from NVIDIA – Cyberpunk 2077 will look impressive no matter the platform it’s played on. Advanced shadow effects from long range shadows and contact shadows, to new Houdini physics simulations for particle effects, fluids, cloth, and more. The tech team is still hard at work in some key areas, with the Global Illumination (GI) used in Cyberpunk still being refined and improved upon. To hit a mark that goes beyond anything we’ve seen from the studio before.

“That's the game development sector that we're in, creating big, great-looking AAA games,” John concludes. “And as the technology changes, we're expected to use it too - and we want to use it cause that stuff keeps looking cooler and cooler, all the time. We'll always keep pushing the envelope on the way a game can look, and that's one of the most exciting things about working at CD Projekt Red; getting to do just that. I think Cyberpunk is going to be a real show piece in terms of tech. Especially as this generation of consoles is fading out. I think we're going to be that one last, big, exceptional looking title on this current generation of hardware.”

Zer0wing

Cipher
Huh, they've also cut the bossfight scene from Igromir localization demonstration. So, any showcase past Gamescon is also lame supercut of the original demo.

Gerrard

Arcane
Shadows are now an exclusive RTX feature.
This picture makes zero fucking sense.

It's 2077, bro. Well, at least Poland's version. Fight the power or some shit. Who gives a damn.

I just hope an asteroid smashes into the Earth around 2076 and makes all this garbage a silly brain fart of some earlier form of Potato man entity.
I mean in the sense that it's some special taskforce dude (who's most likely cyberized as fuck) using a handheld ram to break through a train door that's clearly bulletproof, and the metal frame of the door apparently is also made out of tank armor grade materials as it didn't even bend under the force of the hit, because I guess the doors were hacked and can't be opened, but they close with enough force to cut a hippo in half I guess since the jacked up dude can't just pry them open with his cyber arms. And lastly, what looks like hinges on the bottom of the doors but makes no sense whatsoever.
:deathclaw:

Beowulf

Arcane

It's 2077, bro. Well, at least Poland's version. Fight the power or some shit. Who gives a damn.

I just hope an asteroid smashes into the Earth around 2076 and makes all this garbage a silly brain fart of some earlier form of Potato man entity.
I mean in the sense that it's some special taskforce dude (who's most likely cyberized as fuck) using a handheld ram to break through a train door that's clearly bulletproof, and the metal frame of the door apparently is also made out of tank armor grade materials as it didn't even bend under the force of the hit, because I guess the doors were hacked and can't be opened, but they close with enough force to cut a hippo in half I guess since the jacked up dude can't just pry them open with his cyber arms. And lastly, what looks like hinges on the bottom of the doors but makes no sense whatsoever.

Also, why doesn't he try breaking the windows? Especially those large ones, marked with "break in case of accident" signs for their tacticool entry.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

The real crime is that they're blocking the door, when the signage SPECIFICALLY tells them not to. Rage.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
eXNZf7E.jpg

Never forget what they took from us.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom