Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sentinel

Arcane
Preferably, stop having encounters with so many trash enemies.

J1M

Arcane
The main problem with Druidstone was enemies spawning in unpredictable locations all the time, not the damage range on abilities.

Games that allow enemies to be regularly killed in a single round (xcom) often run into this problem. When players have enough offense to wipe the board each round developers resort to dropping in enemies randomly to mix things up.

If I was making a tactical RPG I would put a lot more emphasis on positioning, attacks of opportunity, and enemies that survive longer than one round.

Atchodas

Augur
Turn Based combat can get extremely boring if encounters takes too long to solve themselves

Elex

Arbiter
Look what I found in my local (pretty big) comic book/gaming shop -
mHER4uy.jpg

It's a comic book. I couldn't tell what Fearun year it is at a first glance and I think it was a Ravenloft story either way, but Minsc is there, soooo. Maybe the girl is Neera, but I'm not sure. I suspect it's something new because I haven't seen it before, or they just haven't displayed it earlier where I could easily see it.

They also stock Descent into Avernus now, I saw 2 versions of the cover, but I really couldn't look over it in any detail. The first one is the widely known one, but the second one, which I liked more, is just the Baldur's Gate skull logo with a few red blood drops here and there.
She is Delina.
that is a tie in curse of stradh comic so it's in Barovia.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
No idea what people have against cutscenes, I highly doubt the game is going to be a cinematic experience that would go against everything Swen believes in. The older Divinity games had occasional cutscenes for quest triggers especially Divinity 2. I still believe that we are going to get a Dragon Age game with the D&D license that includes 3rd Person exploration with iso camera for combat, animated cutscenes, animated dialogue and may even a few epic pre-rendered cutscenes.

Yeah either that or something like in Dark Alliance (looking down most of the time, but zooming in in conversations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzcjTYpV78g&t=304s

Better looking of course. I hope.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Neera seems like an odd guess anyway. Have any Beamdog characters made it into other mediums/official products?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
She's a pink-haired mage fighting alongside Minsc, so I don't think it's that much of a stretch to assume it's Neera. I'm not sure whether Beamdog's characters have made it in any official D&D stuff.

Minsc gets petrified at some point and everyone thought it was a statue of him until someone does it.

Does what? How did he get to Barovia?

Codex Year of the Donut
She's a pink-haired mage fighting alongside Minsc, so I don't think it's that much of a stretch to assume it's Neera. I'm not sure whether Beamdog's characters have made it in any official D&D stuff.

Minsc gets petrified at some point and everyone thought it was a statue of him until someone does it.

Woops, meant undoes.
I liked Neera.

Dodo1610

Arcane

Nope it's not her it's a different wild mage https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Delina
Though she brought him back so she could be a character in BG3

Codex Year of the Donut
I think Neera would either be very old or dead at this point anyways sans access to longevity magic(entirely possible)
She's only a half-elf, not sure how old she was at the start of BG1.
BG1 happens in 1368, Descent into Avernus takes place in 1494.

Dodo1610

Arcane
I somewhat doubt that Lariam is going to include the Beamdog characters since they were never mentioned outside these games again. Even Swen didn't even mention the enhanced editions in any of the interviews I read. I wouldn't be surprised if WOTC just erased them from their canon.

Codex Year of the Donut
I somewhat doubt that Lariam is going to include the Beamdog characters since they were never mentioned outside these games again. Even Swen didn't even mention the enhanced editions in any of the interviews I read. I wouldn't be surprised if WOTC just erased them from their canon.
There were two stories about Neera published in Dragon+ along with a character sheet
https://media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/dragon/22/DRA22_Neera.pdf
:M

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
There were two stories about Neera published in Dragon+ along with a character sheet
The bar is really fucking low these days apparently.

Dodo1610

Arcane

Interesting that was in 2018 so Bg3 was already in development at this point could be a coincidence or not...
Half-Elfs can live for more than 180 years so it's not completely impossible.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Not sure why you guys are so upset unless you haven't actually played it. Neera was a fairly well written clutz of a wild mage.
She was written by Dave Gross, a veteran of TSR.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, I guess you can see how I can confuse two pink-haired elf wild mages who fight alongside Minsc :p

Thonius

Arcane
Game is not in development. Wake up people!
On a serious note I doubt they thought it trough to that degree. IMO they just tossed shit to see what sticks, somehow she stuck around. And I think that game was kind of in limbo before whole stadia curse come around. That's why we don't have screenshots or even god damn art. Now If we assume that game was nothing but a pile of paper and trailer before stadia deal it will be clear as day that main focus is - controller. Ergo game will be console shit. And it all again make sense.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I'm rather curious about that their cinematic department now has over 10 people according to Linkedin. 1 director, 7 cinematic artists, 1 vfx artist, 1 animator, and is looking for a lighting artist dedicated to cinematics. This is smaller than Witcher 3's (which was more than 20), but it seems obvious they're going for a lot of real-time cutscenes that are out of player's control.

More, more! Approaching the scale of Witcher 3's: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/cjri...ian-studios-activity-6591235677021630464-9riE

Larian Studios, Dublin is hiring additional Cinematic Artists!

Our Cinematics team has grown considerably over the last few months and have a team of 11 Artists working from our Dublin Studio!

We would love to hear from Cinematic Artists, ideally from games, but are also happy to speak to artists from animation and film.

We are open to hearing from graduates/Juniors as well as those more experienced.

There are also several open positions for other departments. Sounds like they're ramping up the production: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/cjri...ian-studios-activity-6591294497152385024--oXR

Its been an awesome year for Larian and RPG fans with the announcement of Baldurs Gate 3.

We couldn't make the games that we do without the dedicated and passionate teams @ each of our Studios in Gent, Dublin, Quebec and Saint Petersberg.

We've been adding to all of these teams over the last while and are continuing to do so. Larian has positions open in Art, Cinematics, Design, Programming, Publishing, QA and Audio.

We are looking for highly motivated individuals with ever-evolving skillsets and passion for player experience. If you want to contribute to making amazing RPG experiences, we would love to hear from you.

Visit our careers page for all current openings.

https://www.larian.com/jobs

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom