Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Guys, sorry for maybe asking a stupid question, but there is a way to get gun without collaborating with leader of union? And how to do it?Because it's more than 3 days and I still cannot find any clue

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Guys, sorry for maybe asking a stupid question, but there is a way to get gun without collaborating with leader of union? And how to do it?Because it's more than 3 days and I still cannot find any clue
Have to cooperate. Basically it's implied they have it.

Ziggy

Scholar
bros realized my comparatively short playtime was because i passed that legendary shivers check on first try. also, mustve missed some stuff with 1 int (self-insert), and after day 3 or so didnt muck around much, roleplayed and really wanted to solve the case, rushing against the clock which was more lenient than it felt like

gonna replay next week as drama cop. high int, no psyche, no endurance

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Guys, sorry for maybe asking a stupid question, but there is a way to get gun without collaborating with leader of union?

Nope. But
you can get a different gun in the course of the main quest. And you can also sabotage Evrart’s second mission without him knowing about it if you pass a high Interfacing check. He only asks you to do two things: unlocking a door and collecting a pair of signatures on a contract.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
is there any reason not to just wait until later in the day to send the body back w/ kim?
It gets him out of the way while it's still light out and there are people to talk to. Not sure if there's any advantage to that, but there could be, couldn't there?

This game has so many funny little things:

As Joyce gives me a reality low-down, she says things improved in the '30s. I ask her "really?", and she goes, "no, it only seemed that way, due to cocaine and quantitative easing..." Haha!

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Alright, looking for a fridge, I'm stumped:
Is there any way to get one once the bookstore is closed? Cuno directed me there but it's locked, the hotel said no, and the convenience store didn't work out, obviously. It annoys me that Cuno would direct you to something that's impossible, without even a "You're shit out of luck lmao" if that's the way it is.

There was a big-ass open fridge in one of the abandoned apartment flats, but nope.
A simple yes/no would do.

Tigranes

Arcane
LuckmannAFAIK, No, not if you've never been there yet.

So you never entered the building before it became evening, right? Usually, as long as you entered it once, you would have found a way back out that unlocks the door with all the bells. That's why Cuno directs you there. Also, given Cuno says he stopped going there ever since the bookstore opened, I don't think he'd be the one to tell you that oh it's too late the shop has closed.

Anyway, roll with it - not the end of the world if you can't extract every last bit of information from the corpse or steal the boots. That's part of the consequences shaping the next days.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
So I got the key from Union guy and door in basement doesn't open at all, it's a bug? Or should I do it at night? Also I got quest on guys boots, despite sending corpse to morgue a day or even more
earlier

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
LuckmannAFAIK, No, not if you've never been there yet.

So you never entered the building before it became evening, right? Usually, as long as you entered it once, you would have found a way back out that unlocks the door with all the bells. That's why Cuno directs you there. Also, given Cuno says he stopped going there ever since the bookstore opened, I don't think he'd be the one to tell you that oh it's too late the shop has closed.

Anyway, roll with it - not the end of the world if you can't extract every last bit of information from the corpse or steal the boots. That's part of the consequences shaping the next days.
Oh well, kinda sucks that I have this crowbar to open shit with for seemingly no reason.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Fuck that tribunal is the worst part of the fucking game,really want beat the shit out of those faggots in zaum!!! It is bugged in more than one way,it is railroaded,it has not diplomacy way to pass through and on top of that the games goes full retard once you try to reload because it doesn't know if the scene is going on or is it the regular load of sprites. The whole shit is infuriating!!!

I was wondering about that, how railroaded is it exactly? Is there really no way to get out of it without any deaths?
My best try got 6 people dead including the mercs. It is a total mess,also once you get certain thing done,you are forced in to this encounter and end up with locked out quests later. It is the worst part of the game.

Hellion

Arcane
The game practically tells you to wrap things up before this instance and before
traveling to the island later on.

PS. Shout-out to the generous buyer who purchased all my Disco Elysium steam trading cards for 30 cents apiece 2 days ago, I'm checking now and their price has fallen to 0.07-0.09 :salute:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Just finished the game. I'm quite furious because the ending shat all over the place without a good reason.

The game seems to be unfinished (no ending slides) and the story gets downright retarded. Retadred.

honestly the game should have ended with the merc trial combat encounter ...

the Deserter story was a lame deus ex machina ... easily the worst part of the game

discovering the plasmid was also retarded ... it could have been so much better without that shit .. fuck me for following that quest

I took me 23 hours and it was almost a complete run (shit tons of levels, items) ... I could pass almost all checks by the end of the game.

I solved the case and I got the good ending (I think). This is not a 90h game and it's more like 20-30 hours for a seasoned gamer.

I did not rush the game but the ending made me snap.

I'm one of those retards which could not stand talking Deathclaws in Fallout 2 (ironic considering my avatar) because it mess around with the in-game world foundation. It's like hyperspace ramming in Starwars.

In Disco Elysium it's all nice and comfy as long as you can imagine the dialogues happening in his mind (even when he talks with objects) but for some reason that fucking plasmid or whatever was too much for me. It's like adding magic to a game world with was somewhat retro-realistic for 90% of the time. Why do this thing in the last 10 minutes of the game? Why ruin the closure to a decent quest? I don't get it.

Did ZAUM run out of money?

One more thing: the game is good because of the atmosphere and writing but the actual gameplay is basically ... play dress up.

Now, there are other not so good things but I need to take a break.

Last edited:
A quick question about day one.

Will Kim always fail to shoot down the body? I want to get it down before day one is in the bag without needing to look for help from the workers.

I am not 100% sure, but I think so. I had to try several times, and every time he missed, and there's no check of any kind shown.

BlackGoat

Arbiter
Man, that melancholy theme that plays whenever I step out of the Whirling really gets me. Seems to feel different at every little step of the plot. Just caught a flower on a rooftop and talked about it with Kim, and the theme started up at just the right time

I can understand some of the 'it's railroaded' or "not a real RPG' sentiments, but it seems to me a magical game regardless

AvMpE8W.png

EmNgLUK.png

Last edited:

deama

Prophet
Does anyone know how to get to the top of the billboard? The one by the fishmarket located at the coast region (southwest)? I can't find any doors or entrances whatsoever. I'm supposed to go there and see if that location was used as a shooting place, but I'm not getting any thought bubbles when I'm close either, so I guess I have to get up there, but how?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
deama have you
asked the old washerwoman in the fishing village about Ruby yet? You have to extract some information from her before you get the Shivers check that opens up the building.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
I said before release that I don't believe ZA/UM's talk about play length. I haven't finished the game yet, but I still don't.

That said, the fixation with game length in general is moronic. Are you gonna buy it if it's 30 hours but not if it's 20 hours? Do you care about pacing and quality or just the biggest pile of whatever? Almost as pointless as "x million words".
When devs lie to your face you guys eat it up like dorks, it's pathetic honestly

On their website they blatantly lied and said the game could be up to 90 hours long, that's called fraud

Terenty

Liturgist
Ok i have a question

Why do people have problem paying the bartender for the damage if Kim is giving you all the money you need?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom