Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter BATTLETECH - turn-based mech combat from Harebrained Schemes

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

BattletechHeaveyMetal_StoreGif2.gif

Eight new ‘Mechs have been added to the world of BATTLETECH, including seven classic designs from the original board game along with a never-before-seen ‘Mech designed exclusively for this expansion. New methods of destruction await as eight devastating weapons systems are now available to wreak havoc like never before. Heavy Metal takes ‘Mech action to the next level with a brand new Flashpoint Mini-Campaign featuring two legendary characters from the famous mercenary group, Wolf’s Dragoons, and a mysterious derelict cargo ship.

ONE ORIGINAL AND SEVEN CLASSIC BATTLEMECHS
Seven classic ‘Mechs from BATTLETECH’s 35-year legacy make their triumphant return along with the first completely new ‘Mech designed exclusively for this expansion. Each classic ‘Mech comes with unique equipment that reflects the flavor and lore of the original board game.

EIGHT GAME-CHANGING NEW WEAPON SYSTEMS
Eight all-new weapon systems can be utilized to destroy even the most formidable opponents in a wide variety of unique ways: the new ‘Mech Mortar is the first AOE weapon in BATTLETECH that can destroy multiple units at once while the new Inferno Missiles coat a target in burning fuel causing enemies to shut down in combat.

NEW FLASHPOINT MINI-CAMPAIGN
Come face-to-face with two legendary characters from BATTLETECH lore - the Bounty Hunter and the Black Widow of Wolf’s Dragoons. A derelict cargo ship has drifted into the Periphery from deep space; what secrets does it contain, and who will ultimately control its mysterious payload?
BattletechHeaveyMetal_StoreGif3.gif

Come face-to-face with two legendary characters from BATTLETECH lore - the Bounty Hunter and the Black Widow of Wolf’s Dragoons.
Wasn't that a stretch goal? They actually want people to pay extra for a stretch goal. Even though their writing is terrible so nobody should want them anywhere near those characters anyway.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Well, I also expected more from the game and the SJW crap was just dumb, but at least the campaign and some of the random missions are pretty well done. And the fighting itself is very satisfying once you know what you are doing. 7/10

Are there any plans for Battletech II?

Cael

Arcane
The Thumper is an artillery piece. It is not a 'mech mortar, which is another weapon altogether. It also requires 15 crits to mount. In other words, it cannot be mounted in the centreline as shown in the vid.

Note also that the 'mech mortar does not have splash damage. Artillery pieces do.

HBS fucked things up once again.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
all anyone ever wanted from Battletech was a complete space fascist experience

proper handling of the subject matter is needed to round out the "spaceknight riding his futu-panzer/steed" experience, Burger King Kids Club ain't it

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, I also expected more from the game and the SJW crap was just dumb, but at least the campaign and some of the random missions are pretty well done. And the fighting itself is very satisfying once you know what you are doing. 7/10

it's not just SJW crap. Feeling like a spectator in the story of Ms princess is as boring a premise as anyone can think of.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Exactly that. I can't understand how they thought that was an interesting storyline. I want to kill stuff with my mechs and get contracts, not be the bitch of some princess or whatever

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

it's not just SJW crap. Feeling like a spectator in the story of Ms princess is as boring a premise as anyone can think of.
A-a-and, that black guy is definitely gay!

My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The special unique tech for each mech helps out lights/mediums somewhat. I still think tonnage rather than numerical limits would really take the game to the next level though.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
This game is the reason I don't go near Kickstarter any more.

That pronoun thing was odd (why even set a gender, giant mechs are asexual) but the gameplay was awful. Slow movement, incredibly simplistic firefights and yeah that thing with the princess robbing you of any agency was kind of bizarre.

The thing that really killed it was collecting "tokens" in lieu of actual mech wreckage. So very gamey and lame.

ArchAngel

Arcane
This game is the reason I don't go near Kickstarter any more.

That pronoun thing was odd (why even set a gender, giant mechs are asexual) but the gameplay was awful. Slow movement, incredibly simplistic firefights and yeah that thing with the princess robbing you of any agency was kind of bizarre.

The thing that really killed it was collecting "tokens" in lieu of actual mech wreckage. So very gamey and lame.
They are but their pilots are not. I am pretty sure they get very sexual after missions..

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

Look, I don't want to be rude, but apparently you do not even understand that the pronouns were for the pilots and not the mechs. There is also an option for fast movement, in case you haven't noticed.

The fights and the campaign were just fine. A bit short, but there is enough variety there. It's just that once the campaign is over, there is no motivation to continue the random fights in the newly unlocked regions.

They should have really included the Solaris VII gladiator fights. That was a missed opportunity. Both Underrail and AoD were better games by including the gladiator thing.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
dude, the pronoun thing was clearly a joke and even at max speed vanilla goes at snail pace.

Yeah, I didn't really think you were gendering your mech. But I also think it would have been much better if you were.

Also I had fastest movement on, voices off, all the right options.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Activating fast movement skips about 80% of the movement animation. You can also do this by pressing space when a mech is moving.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom