Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
Lsy3QPl.png

This totally seems like something someone would say in the period you're shooting for.
I think it's funny how Kim interjects with the usual SocJus fare, citing statistics that are frequently manipulated in the real world already, and - just like real SocJus Doubleplusgoods - completely misses the point. Neither Réne or You suggested that women can't perform the same RCM duties as men, but that they perhaps shouldn't.

Not having had the conversation, I can only assume that you never get a chance to point this out, even with high rhetorics?
I'm pretty sure you don't reply at all, and Rene continues the conversation ignoring the author's self-insert. Also I doubt there's any real world statistics of the sort, wouldn't even make sense.

Right wingers are portrayed as silly, out of touch dummies. Basically a Garth Ennis sort of caricature.

Kim's background doesn't make sense either. He was born and raised in that city, and only speaks the official language, but he has a Japanese tinged accent, even though he is only partially of the Jap analog descent. Also apparently is some sort of softball dyke.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I just finished the game and the ending was pretty good,tho the killer was very retarded,it was a waste of an hour talking with him. The game is around 30 hours doing most if not everything. I did wanted it to be bigger,but still it was good 30 hours in my book.

deama

Prophet
deama have you
asked the old washerwoman in the fishing village about Ruby yet? You have to extract some information from her before you get the Shivers check that opens up the building.
Oh no I haven't, didn't think that was related.

Parabalus

Arcane
How missable is the helmet?

I got the others on early d3, but no lead on this one.
Is there any point to using that armor if you have high PHY? I'm guessing they all give bonuses to it and its related skills.

Psure none of these 3 give red bonuses.
What do they give though?

Gloves interface, boots composure and armor not 100% sure, I think authority.
The cuirass gives +1 to Physical Instrument (and +1 to Volition, but -1 to Empathy), the boots actually lower Composure by 1, but give +2 to Authority.

It's +1 Pain Threshold, not Physical Instrument.

Will you spoiler that shit FFS
Stop being such oversensitive bitch,if you don't want spoilers don't read the fucking thread! All the pics here are filled with spoilers yet non of them are in spoilers.

Nobody is posting about the plot except you.

Damn well I'm sure am glad I finished the game before Detective Fanta here threw a spoilerific tantrum because he couldn't git gud.

Re: the tribunal and its variables.

Unless the people of discord and on this forum figure out some hidden mystery, it looks like the tribunal does indeed boil down to damage reduction. It seems that at best you 3 innocent people will die (the hardie boy that the female merc shoots, plus Theo and Angus when they charge in.) On top of this you can get Shanky, Elizabeth, Titus, Ruby, and Kim killed (well the latter is merely wounded in the hospital but who knows.) Ruby isn't really a part of the tribunal but I'm rolling her in there because she is yet another preventable innocent death.

Many of the things you did up to that point helps you pass a few checks before the confrontation, which distracts the mercenaries and thus makes the check to actually shoot them easier. If you are a really good shot, you might be tempted to just open fire immediately, but that gets Shanky killed because if you try to draw out the conversation he gets time to get away. On the other hand, if you try to draw out the conversation and fail, Elizabeth will get shot down. If you don't even have a gun in the confrontation, or if you just stand by and let it happen, shit goes to shit and Titus gets killed.

Apparently you might even be able to use a medicinal spirit as a molotov cocktail if you lack a gun, plus there two ways to prevent getting gunned down by the first shot: one is having the cuirass on, and the second having the sword equipped.

Finally, you can try to save Kim, and the check is made easier/harder by your relationship with him.

Yeah, all roads to the tribunal and there isn't a lot of variation besides saving a few lives - you can't talk the mercs into standing down, and you can't save everyone - and this I found initially disappointing, but the more I think about it, the more I find this appropriate. You've got 3 drunken mercenaries with PTSD, one of whom is clearly and vocally insane - people are going to die and the best you can do is minimize the casualties. When you consider that every single death here is that of an innocent whose only fault was trying to make things right for someone else, it gets pretty fucking tragic, and saving even 1 person seems like an achievement (besides Ruby, who was really into some shit, but if anything her suicide stings because its directly caused by you and is also completely preventable.)

At this point I am more concerned how much reactivity there is at the very end. I hope that if you did a truly shit job you can find the Deserter but fail to concretely identify him as the killer, and if you don't take photo of the phasmid the Precinct will refuse to take you back. My worry is that the phasmid is there as a get out of jail free card so that every build, no matter how disastrous, can get a cool ending where they ride back to Precinct 41 with the homies, but I sincerely hope thats not the case.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I specced into Inland Empire hoping to see some crazy stuff left and right, but although checks happen in every dialogue they are quite boring tbh.

You can talk to the dead dude and he tells you the reason for his murder. Which you can then bring up in further deliberations on "Who dun it?".

RegionalHobo

Scholar
Ok i have a question

Why do people have problem paying the bartender for the damage if Kim is giving you all the money you need?

well i did not even knew he gave money. made my rent asking for my sugar momma in her ship. does the dialogue with him happens when you fail to pay the rent? what s the trigger?

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Codex top 100 visual novels? I didn't realize we have that list.

Did you see my post about tabletop RPGs? Just curious.

Yeah I did, you definitely might have a point there. I only had one experience with PnP. I don't remember who the players were and how I met them, but I remember snorting speed and vomiting in the toilet while some goth chicks were dancing around to the 1970s disco tunes.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
I just think it's something to consider, especially since the devs went out of their way to talk about how that influenced the game they wanted to make. You should play more. It's all about finding the right group. Once you do, it's the best.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Codex top 100 visual novels? I didn't realize we have that list.

Did you see my post about tabletop RPGs? Just curious.

Yeah I did, you definitely might have a point there. I only had one experience with PnP. I don't remember who the players were and how I met them, but I remember snorting speed and vomiting in the toilet while some goth chicks were dancing around to the 1970s disco tunes.
Nah he doesn't have a point. Different people like different shit,some like more action/mechanic orientated games,some more story driven one. It doesn't matter if it is tabletop or PC games,people will drift toward they preferred type of games. The whole "muh tabletop players get" is retarded. I have played only D&D with some drunken slav bastards,yet i don't mind DE's mechanics and lack of difficulty.

Still playing like a fiend, relatively confident Disco's taking my favorite RPG of all time slot. The biggest test will be once I play through a few more times with different characters, but given what I'm hearing talking to a few buddies playing wildly different characters it's pretty satisfying. Did finally have my first bug though, an honest to god crash to desktop. Also up to two pieces of power armor and I need more. MORE.

NO really fuck off! Getting that 3% check successfully in the tribunal does absolutely nothing!!! The whole shit is railroaded as shit in waste canal!!!
That's what happens when you don't buy games from fat Americans. Perfidious euros have no accountability. +M

vota DC

Augur
I am forced to not take in the car the body of the hanged guy in day 1 if I want his boots. Ok, now day 2.....Kim arrested Klaasje and left the body there again....He can do both things I guess there isn't space.
With Klaasje I have 3 option, one is arrest her another is non arrest that seems tame since she lied too many times, the other is police call that would imply they will interrogate her? It is good enough the police call so I can use Kim for the rest of the day and get rid of that corpse?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Still playing like a fiend, relatively confident Disco's taking my favorite RPG of all time slot. The biggest test will be once I play through a few more times with different characters, but given what I'm hearing talking to a few buddies playing wildly different characters it's pretty satisfying. Did finally have my first bug though, an honest to god crash to desktop. Also up to two pieces of power armor and I need more. MORE.

NO really fuck off! Getting that 3% check successfully in the tribunal does absolutely nothing!!! The whole shit is railroaded as shit in waste canal!!!
That's what happens when you don't buy games from fat Americans. Perfidious euros have no accountability. +M
Ahhh me bitching about some bad shit in the game on the codex doesn't make the game shit lol. I do intend on buying in some time,unlike any trash game from kwa. Go and preorder outer shapes on epic chink goy!

Also bonus points for using uncommon word ;).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom