Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong - narrative RPG from The Council devs - now on Steam

V_K

Arcane
Coteries of New York is just a visual novel, I think.
Yeah, but pretty much the same thing, only without full-body exploration.
Play The Council and see the difference for yourself. Hint: it has proper puzzles and resource management.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeah, that's an incredibly autistic reading of the subtitle.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Roguey you're overusing the word. Everything is "autistic" with you lately. Get some new words.

This is textbook literal-minded autism. Like that time Brennecke said "We're opening our doors to you" in a Project Eternity kickstarter update, so some literal-minded autist literally drove to Obsidian Entertainment thinking he'd get a tour of the studio (they sent him away but invited him back as a gesture of goodwill after he complained online).

Neanderthal

Arcane
Roguey you're overusing the word. Everything is "autistic" with you lately. Get some new words.

This is textbook literal-minded autism. Like that time Brennecke said "We're opening our doors to you" in a Project Eternity kickstarter update, so some literal-minded autist literally drove to Obsidian Entertainment thinking he'd get a tour of the studio (they sent him away but invited him back as a gesture of goodwill after he complained online).

Then Feargus borrowed Threefiddy off him and sent him home with a genuine "Chris Avellone - Director" door name plate.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is currently live on Nacon Connect, but no actual gameplay yet. You play as three separate characters, Camarilla focused.

Pick locks, persuasion, hacking and so on. Multiple endings.

Trying to give lots of choices.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It seems it has some kind of combat using the shotty and daggers.

No, I think that's just in the cinematic. He very pointedly doesn't mention combat abilities when talking about character creation, just persuasion and lockpicking/hacking.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Son of a bitch, looks like this is Epic-exclusive too.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/vampire-the-masquerade-swansong/home

egs-vampirethemasqueradeswansong-bigbadwolf-g2-00-3402x567-361149262.jpg

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF DARKNESS
What if vampires were real? What if these bloodthirsty predators lived hidden among us, meticulously and skilfully hatching ancient conspiracies? And what if you became one of them?
In Vampire: The Masquerade, you play as these alluring monsters in a sophisticated world where the lines between the real and supernatural are always blurred.

A HEART-POUNDING THRILLER
Hazel Iversen, the Swan, is the new Prince of the Boston Camarilla. An iron hand in a velvet glove, she intends to assert her power and respect the Masquerade, the vampiric law designed to ensure humans never learn of the existence of these creatures of the night. But nothing works as planned. With rumours of plots, murders and power struggles, you must work in the shadows to protect your Sect in a frantic investigation that plunges Boston into chaos.

PLAY AS 3 ORIGINAL VAMPIRES
Play as 3 vampires who are over a hundred years old. Progress through the game through their intertwined destinies, deal with their different points of view and use their character sheets to try to separate the truth from the lies. Each character has their own abilities and vampiric disciplines that you can upgrade individually to suit your preferred approach.

Will you choose intimidation, seduction or stealth? It's your decision, as long as you can sate your Hunger for blood.

GAMEPLAY WITH CONSEQUENCES
With its unique approach to gameplay, Swansong puts emphasis on the consequences of your actions in both the investigation and your social interactions with characters. Analyse each situation carefully because your decisions can have huge consequences on your heroes' lives and the fate of the Boston Camarilla.

ChildInTime

Learned
Looks pretty good actually. At least it's about Camarilla and not smelly anarchs.

Ventrue is the best clan, as always.

V_K

Arcane
InB4 the butthurt train when the Malkavian char turns out non-binary.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom