Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Crusader Kings III

mondblut

Arcane
This trash is going to be to CK2 what H*I4 was to HoI3.

Can't wait for this ship to go down.

Mortmal

Arcane
So whos the next indie company to make deep and complex strategy games and does not frown upon a bit of deus vult ?...

GrainWetski

Arcane
"2. It’s easier to play than Crusader Kings 2. Sort of." "Game director Henrik Fåhraeus says Paradox wanted to make a sequel that “should be more approachable, easier to get into"

It's all you need to know indeed. That was my worse fear, a visual upgrade(not too convinced either by what i see) of ck2 with dumbed down mechanisms, with nowhere the depth of ck2 . I am not even starting on the deus vult thing .. no point. I am really depressed now.
CK2 is already extremely popular. Is there really an audience left out there for a dumbed down version of it?

turkishronin

Arcane
i don't know if i want vicky3 anymore

"We've decided to eschew colonization mechanics for Vicky 3 since we felt it was too problematic a topic to bring up in our games."

I think that may be the reason we're not getting a Vicky 3. Maybe instead of removing the colonization mechanics they chose just not to make the game.

Mortmal

Arcane
i don't know if i want vicky3 anymore

"We've decided to eschew colonization mechanics for Vicky 3 since we felt it was too problematic a topic to bring up in our games."

I think that may be the reason we're not getting a Vicky 3. Maybe instead of removing the colonization mechanics they chose just not to make the game.
Not the only reason, main reason is they are still deluded to think they will capture mainstream crowd by streamlining their old games and add a visual upgrade and then that their stock price will skyrocket . Imperator debacle was not enough still, it's like watching a slow train wreck now.Even on paradox forums people aren't so enthusiast.Would be funny if they were not the last company doing such games. Cherish your victoria 2 you wont get anything similar ever again.

vonAchdorf

Arcane

What to do as a progressive developer whose every IP has highly "problematic" content?

Rome - Slavery
CK - Crusades, Christianity being (mechanically) superior to (unreformed) pagan religions
EU - Colonialism
Vic - Colonialism
HoI - don't even start

They are woke but trying not to go broke.

ZeniBot

Cipher
This is an example in how not to design a UI you would've thought they'd learned from Imperator but considering how soy boy I'm gonna eat you one day guy talks about the game on those stupid update videos its clear that anyone that knew what the fuck they were doing at this studio left a LONG time ago.

Vicky 2 was peak Paradox.

Vorark

Erudite
6. There’s no “Deus Vult”.
In the years since CK2’s release, “Deus Vult” – an eleventh century crusader battlecry – has become a vile meme beloved of racists on the internet. I asked how Paradox’s community team felt about this, and was told emphatically that the words will not appear in Crusader Kings 3. That’s refreshing, but in a game set during a time of conflicts fetishised by modern fascists, it’s the tip of the iceberg. I’ll be writing more about how Paradox are handling the political sensitivities of making a game about the crusades, and how they’re handling the representation of non-European cultures, in the weeks to come.

BOe7teV.jpg

Abandon hope all ye who enter here.

Mikeal

Arcane

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Game was also announced on the xbox YouTube channel, so yes... This ui and this "make the game more accessible" shit are paradoxs attempt at entering the console market.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom