Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
What's the deal with the Legos?
Just jokes about her being autistic and retarded due to her voice and facial expressions in the game.

TFW you inadvertently find a new fetish.

140389_SPIDER_JERUSALEM_OH_WELL.jpg

FYI there's a... more complete... set of pics out there.

Citizen

The Party has decreed that Riot shall produce four new games!
Riot announces four new games: An FPS, an RPG, a card game and a fighter
Card game: LoL based
https://playruneterra.com/en-us/

Isometric RPG: LoL based
no link

Fighter: LoL based
https://www.pcgamer.com/league-of-legends-fighting-game/

FPS: Hero shooter
https://www.pcgamer.com/riot-games-just-announced-a-new-competitive-first-person-shooter/

There are also rumors of a tank simulator called Operation: Hong Kong.

Not interested in this crap, but the URF event... Bros i'm installing

Citizen

What is that?

Gamemode with no skill cooldowns and mana costs, turning LoL into a bullet hell where people just spam millions of flashy skillshots and dodge them

It's sooper fun, especially if you gather some friends and start a sick noob pwning with overpowered heroes, since the mode is not balanced at all

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
At the end of the day, no amount of feminism, marketing research and shitty ads can beat having a cute girl with maxed out charm stat shill your game.

Sarkeesian and that gamers-are-over bitch BTFO

Tehdagah

Arcane
Okami is one of the most over bloated walking simulators ever made. Using it as a example of "greatness" that overcome budgets actually proves that: 1) passion isn't enough to make a good game; 2) good games and commercial intentions aren't mutually exclusive, because greedy companies release better games than Okami all the time.

Gamers care more about story, visuals and charismatic developers than actual good games.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198318532150/recommended/625340/

Axilam

Because these user experiences got pushed to the bottom, reposting so that this important information isn't forgotten.

The dev WILL play the game and WILL cheat to win, i.e insta gibbing you because you killed him. This has happened to several players, and probably happened to many more since I stopped playing this game a few months back. In addition, he will ban you if you do anything that he disagrees with, or if he considers you a cheater despite proof of otherwise.

I personally recommend not buying. It's fun for all of a few hours, but after that you're just gonna get frustrated. If not with the dev, then with the other cons of the game.

SEXORCIST 2 hours ago

I kill this same dev twice, then he ban me from the game for no reason. Good, because I just uninstall the game. A bunch of cry baby and cheating dev.

JOSHUA [developer] 1 hour ago

You don't exist in our database, maybe you have the wrong game.

MA5AlEi.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

lol dorks https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...x-speedrunner-tomatoanus-changes-name-for-gdq

World record Fallout sex speedrunner "tomatoanus" changes name for GDQ
Nobody can ketchup.

Last year, I wrote one of my favourite articles of all time: a news piece on speedrunner tomatoanus, who'd set a particularly unusual record. He'd managed to set a "sex%" world record in the Fallout series - an unofficial speedrunning category involving having sex in each of the main games as fast as possible. (He's also done an equally impressive Fallout series world record speedrun).

In any case, that unusual username has become a bit of an issue when trying to register for charity speedrunning event Games Done Quick, with the organisers (understandably) taking issue with the "anus" in his username. I guess it wasn't wholesome enough for the family-friendly event. Or rather, too holesome.

According to tomatoanus' statement, GDC had refused to list his name in three of the six previous events in which he had submitted runs. After contacting the organisers, a compromise was reached: tomatoanus could change his name to tomatoangus, and his submissions would be publicly listed.

"[GDQ] told me that my submissions were not automatically denied, and that they would be considered just as any other submission, but they would not be publicly viewable on their website as long as I submitted with my username being 'tomatoanus'", tomatoanus explained. "This is obviously because they're a professional organisation representing a charity, which I understand and accept.

" eventually decided I would prefer to have my submissions be publicly viewable so people could see that I was submitting on their website rather than only know based on me tweeting what my submissions were.

"Through the whole thing, GDQ was very transparent and quick to respond with any questions I had, and I applaud them for that."

Although his GDQ runs can now appear publicly, tomatoanus is unwilling to change his Twitch username, and so has unlinked his Twitch account from his GDQ account. And so, the infamous name lives on - and I will once again have to explain myself to my parents after the inevitable next article.

"In fallout 4 your SPECIAL stats actually do make a huge difference in the sex % speed run (as opposed to the rest of the games where they don't matter)"

Codex BTFO, Fallout 4 is the real RPG where stats matter.

Perkel

Arcane
People keep mentioning that Okami is a great 20h game inside a 60h experience.

They are idiots. Okami can't work with 20 hours. The laid back attitude of game is what elevates this game to god level. The whole charm of Okami comes from those slow moments where you are interacting with humans who always treat you like a mutt working your way up from the bottom saving world instead of kicking ass god of war style.

It is like pacing in 70-80 cinema. That slow burn exist for a reason.

For anyone who didn't play Okami. Do yourself a favor. Play it and finish it and join rest of us blessed who did. I finished it 8 years after release and it sits in my top 5 of best games ever so age is not a problem.

The game has everything. Good gameplay, amazing writing/characters/story and art is so good that you will question yourself how the fuck someone could just make it because it seems impossible.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
People keep mentioning that Okami is a great 20h game inside a 60h experience.

They are idiots. Okami can't work with 20 hours. The laid back attitude of game is what elevates this game to god level. The whole charm of Okami comes from those slow moments where you are interacting with humans who always treat you like a mutt working your way up from the bottom saving world instead of kicking ass god of war style.

It is like pacing in 70-80 cinema. That slow burn exist for a reason.

For anyone who didn't play Okami. Do yourself a favor. Play it and finish it and join rest of us blessed who did. I finished it 8 years after release and it sits in my top 5 of best games ever so age is not a problem.

The game has everything. Good gameplay, amazing writing/characters/story and art is so good that you will question yourself how the fuck someone could just make it because it seems impossible.
Okami is one of the few games that make you feel like you are actually on a long journey, traveling far and wide.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom