Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, it works against individual early peak performance but... I've really enjoyed start with Electric element. It's a Touch attack, so very accurate and allows the early use of Magnetic Infusion for -4 enemy AC reduction for the rest of your party. And you still get Celerity, which is pretty great on a KK, who has next to nothing else to spend his Burn on.

Magma is certainly optimal from an individual's power POV. And lets specialize in Intimidation early, which should not be overlooked (but I now prefer Bards for my Intimidation needs).

Later on, Bowling Whirlwind certainly rocks in Turn Based. Optimal positioning in real-time is tricky - and enemies tend to die before you assume it.

Earth lets her spend burn on DR early which isn't the worst.

purpleblob

Savant
Anything above Challenging becomes a slog and/or requires munchkin levels of bullshittery.

Maybe for Hate House - I haven't gotten back there since EE came out so I'll see soon - but that's not the case by mid-Ch 2 at the latest for the rest of the game.

I played HATEOT with EE. They replaced some of the WH with golums (not prismatic spray-ing ones) so its not as bad as before.

Desiderius

Patron
Hmm.. I think I'll at least start my 2nd playthrough.

Just need to decide a build and difficulty. 1st playthrough was normal and 3 Pal 17 Slayer.

Maybe I will go on a harder difficulty. What are some viable builds for hard/unfair difficulty?

You can Haplo it up with Surprise Spells and Sword Saints (...)

And Fauchard Vivi Trippers, don't forget those :D

As for the Dream Team, I think a Kinetic Knight would fit there. Valerie makes a solid one.

Dream Team has Reg as Scion 3/Vanguard 15 to give party +2/+2 unlimited use Move action (Vanguard's Bond) and Harrim Cleric 1/Tactical Leader 17 to share his +4 judgments, nine activations per rest. And they both have their crappyish teamwork feat sharing. Harrim has Necro cloak, tons of WIS, and high level Inquisitor spells, Reg has Crippling Strike, Crane Wing + Dreadful/Shatter via Slayer Combat Style feats and a gazillion STR.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
It's always funny that you accuse me of embarrassing myself or that I'm out of touch with reality, or that I'm in an ivory tower, yet never provide any evidence or arguments to back this up. It's almost as if you are attacking me personally to deflect your lack of such, it's interesting how that works, huh.
I'm not attacking you personally, I actually quite like you as a poster generally even though we disagree sometimes

Desiderius

Patron
Tors of Levensies Testing:

SoulEaterSickened.jpg

Soul Eaters can be Sickened and Shaken. Sickened from Crusader's Blade which along with Harrim's Destructive Aura lights these dudes up.

Wanted to test how well Shake it Off and Spider Legs (Fortitude Boosts) prevent Soul Eater drain on Unfair. But never actually got hit. Jub 12 = 5 AC Barkskins.

OkboTankSoulEater.jpg

LinziTank.jpg

I was missing a lot too because Soul Eaters can't be flanked and with 15 Will on Unfair Harrim's Archon's Aura wasn't doing much. Jubilost on the other hand is a stud.

DemonCurseBomb.jpg

12th level gets him Curse Bomb and the full Barkskin, freeing up all Neck slots for Giantslayers, Double Crosses, +4 Initiative, etc...

Against both the Soul Eaters and the Demon once the Curse Bomb hit it was light's out.

Amiri lowers the boom:

Harrim'sDestructiveAura.jpg

You can see the effect of Destructive Aura on all that damage.

With Kalikke's Mountainclimbing training the trip from Shivering Glade all the way to Vordokai's took a little over a day. Was fun assigning some advisors from just outside the Tomb thx to Aviary in Silverstep.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
So the earliest +5 item you can get is what and when? Also is it worth making a character around it?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, if you'll use a certain spell to pass a certain barrier to a certain challenge meant to be late game and
a) Defeat the enemy early - doable around level 11 for an optimized party
b) Suicide loot OR use pure cheese to win

There will be a greataxe, an agile duelling blade, a flail, an X-bow, a spear (maybe +4?) and maybe some more. Plus top armor bracers, mental hat and natural AC neck.

Out of these weapons, the greataxe is the highest DPS weapon in the game. Duelling blade is best in the game (but a little worse then top end game damage options... still better then any scimitar, rapier or kukuri), the flail is more of a tank weapon. The X-bow is very nice for a support character.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Soul Eaters are actually demons, not undead. Took me a long time to figure that out since you meet them in an undead infested dungeon.

Question about Kingdom Management. This is my first run with EE, these newly added crisis points, how do they replenish?
How often should I be using them?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
That's okay in the beginning, but generally a very poor damage option. Later on I'd consider shield bashing a better option if you care so much about defences.

Otherwise maybe something like Steelwind Sai for bonus attacks. Fighter with Effortless could go dual longswords, bastard swords or duelling swords.
Barb/fighter could make good use of falcatas.

There's also a decent shortsword late game, I think.

cloudropis

Educated
Does the game still have the huge bug where the longer you played the more performance would degenerate PsychoFox talked about?
I know a couple of patches dropped since then

Yosharian

Arcane
That's okay in the beginning, but generally a very poor damage option. Later on I'd consider shield bashing a better option if you care so much about defences.

Otherwise maybe something like Steelwind Sai for bonus attacks. Fighter with Effortless could go dual longswords, bastard swords or duelling swords.

Not if you use the Crafting mod to enchant it up to +5, add bonus damage, etc (why isn't this already in the game)

Desiderius

Patron
Soul Eaters are actually demons, not undead. Took me a long time to figure that out since you meet them in an undead infested dungeon.

Question about Kingdom Management. This is my first run with EE, these newly added crisis points, how do they replenish?
How often should I be using them?

You get one every time you rank up.

Desiderius

Patron
@ haplo which weapons would you reccomend for dual wielding?having the dagger to the off hand that grants +3 to ac is a good option?

Lightning Duelist is better for the +4 initiative, +1 Dodge, but there are a lot of sick options that show up as early as Chapter 2 from the artisans. I’d just stay open to using whatever turns up and avoid specializing.

Desiderius

Patron
So the earliest +5 item you can get is what and when? Also is it worth making a character around it?

The game gives out pluses like candy. Bane effects and other bonuses (like +6 CHR, +2 Will on Oppressor +4) are more important than +5.

Desiderius

Patron

Slayer can support Shield Bashing with Combat Style Feats, but if you’re thinking of making Ekun a Slayer what are you doing with Okbo?

Desiderius

Patron
Lightning Duelist is better for the +4 initiative, +1 Dodge, but there are a lot of sick options that show up as early as Chapter 2 from the artisans. I’d just stay open to using whatever turns up and avoid specializing.
im thinking of making ekun a dual wield slayer.

I know. Better get used to carrying around a dead dog. Love your enthusiasm, been there on the head-smacking.

A live one is more useful:

CephalUnfairChargeOpen.jpg

OkboTankSoulEater.jpg

As Roahin at GOG Forums has noted, there's actually a pretty narrow window of viable things to do with Ekun. He's pretty busted as is.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Wtf, did EE change Bokken?!
When he uses the potion, he was never before this tough to kill. He gets 40 AC, +25 attacks, does 20+ damage per hit, has 10 unavoidable DR, crazy saves, cannot be flanked, immune to demoralize (and shatter defenses as a result), 44 CMD and lots of life. My 4 lvl 9 monks cannot do shit to him.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom