Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
To all the people who finished Disco Disco so fast (20 or less hours), did you just rush through the content? I am at 22 hours, still on day 2.
I rushed it a bit, yeah, I arrived at the first point of no return with a bunch of sidequests left unfinished, but it felt right to just roll with it. I was certain at that point that I'd replay the game, so not hoovering up everything would give me some new stuff to look forward to besides the different build.

To all the people who finished Disco Disco so fast (20 or less hours), did you just rush through the content? I am at 22 hours, still on day 2.
I rushed it a bit, yeah, I arrived at the first point of no return with a bunch of sidequests left unfinished, but it felt right to just roll with it. I was certain at that point that I'd replay the game, so not hoovering up everything would give me some new stuff to look forward to besides the different build.

That's cool and all, but I feel like devs are getting unfair criticism over game lenght. Like everyone ever, they probably overstated the length (I don't see it being 60-90 hours long), but if you take your time and do everything available to your build, I think it can be a 40+ hour game.

Prime Junta

TBF the 90 hour claim is a bit of a doozy, somebody ought to have told Robert to calm the fuck down before posting it.

This is a 20-40 hour game if you don’t rush it, with a couple of replays in it.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron

That's cool and all, but I feel like devs are getting unfair criticism over game lenght. Like everyone ever, they probably overstated the length (I don't see it being 60-90 hours long), but if you take your time and do everything available to your build, I think it can be a 40+ hour game.
I sincerely doubt that. I hope you don't consider this a spoiler, but it picks up the pace considerably once you've exhausted the initial barrage of sidequests.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
yeah dunno how that actually translates to steam numbers

I hope this game sells enough to warrant a sequel of some sort but who knows, this game is niche as it gets

Well it's what it is, it earned some money to be there. Even if the week was slow and Destiny 2 was not in its "full power."

v1rus

Arcane
Im at the end of day 4...

Only thing left to do is to confront the chick on the fact that the guy was killed with a bullet

and the whole cathedral/kids thing

So my only question, is real simple. WHERE THE FUCK IS THE STRONGER PRYBAR

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Rolling with a 4/5/1/2 build (for no real reason, just felt like it) and I feel like a complete alien reading about people's experiences with Shivers (mine is a cool 1) and being done with the full autopsy on Day 1. I'm on Day 4 and I still haven't sent the body to processing (I will in the evening) or asked around about a certain character on the coast (though I did do a bunch of other things). Is there a time limit to this game? The sleep sequence from Day 3 to Day 4 seemed to imply it, and I'm just wondering if I've set myself up for failure somehow.

Insert Title Here

Only thing left to do is to confront the chick on the fact that the guy was killed with a bullet

I got it from the programmer lady in the church by agreeing to help her

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I finished in 20 hours without rushing. I think the biggest factor here is how fast you read. If you are a slow reader and have a lot of points in Encyclopedia and Esprit de Corps, the game can be much, much longer.

v1rus

Arcane

Thought so. Havent met her yet. Porlly have to wait after 10.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron

Thought so. Havent met her yet. Porlly have to wait after 10.

No, to meet the programmer vieja, I think you need to...
break into her computer and print out her files. And to do that you have to ask the crab man on the ceiling for the password, which means you need to pass the RED perception check on the right side of the church in order to detect said crab man. I wouldn’t ordinarily endorse this, but save scum the fuck out of that check if you have to—the church quests are some of the coolest side content in the game.

I finished in 20 hours without rushing. I think the biggest factor here is how fast you read. If you are a slow reader and have a lot of points in Encyclopedia and Esprit de Corps, the game can be much, much longer.

Yeah, my first full run was with a 4-5-1-2 character and it took me roughly 45 hours. Or closer to 55 if you count all the times I replayed the first day before going to the second. I probably wasn’t reading as quickly as I could’ve, but the writing was so good it was worth savoring.

My 1-2-5-4 run was much faster, both because it had somewhat less content and because I was reading a lot more quickly.

Last edited:
Unwanted

†††

Patron
Rolling with a 4/5/1/2 build (for no real reason, just felt like it) and I feel like a complete alien reading about people's experiences with Shivers (mine is a cool 1) and being done with the full autopsy on Day 1. I'm on Day 4 and I still haven't sent the body to processing (I will in the evening) or asked around about a certain character on the coast (though I did do a bunch of other things). Is there a time limit to this game? The sleep sequence from Day 3 to Day 4 seemed to imply it, and I'm just wondering if I've set myself up for failure somehow.
I'm Interested on this as well.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
I'm Interested on this as well.

I don’t think there’s a time limit, but since time only passes when you interact with new text, sooner or later you run out of content and can’t do anything to advance the clock aside from the main quest.

Rieser

Scholar

I didn't feel like I was, but I guess I explored the "wrong" way by talking to everyone in the same place, going to the next and doing the same etc as well as following quests. In-game time passes quicker in conversations...

Also didn't help that my character was bed-ridden for several days.

Finished the game in 17 hours.

Insert Title Here
Where do you get the green visor hat? Saw a picture of it online but never encountered it myself.

Also, seeing as there are clothes that "turn" you into a liberal, a centrist or a communist, is there one for fascism?

v1rus

Arcane
No, to meet the programmer vieja, I think you need to...
break into her computer and print out her files. And to do that you have to ask the crab man on the ceiling for the password, which means you need to pass the RED perception check on the right side of the church in order to detect said crab man. I wouldn’t ordinarily endorse this, but save scum the fuck out of that check if you have to—the church quests are some of the coolest side content in the game.

Found her already. I also had already found the crab-man. It just seems that I didnt check the pc before i met him, thus i couldnt ask him for the password

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is it possible to save René? I like him.

<fantadomat>
hahaha you faggot why would you want to save that fuckstick? :o:o when I first saw him he reminded me of cunta and I was trying to find a way to kick him in the balls and rape his asshole with a stick! :lol::lol: spent all of day 2 just talking to him trying to find the option but these shit devs are cucks that didn't want that!! So happy when I found out he died :cool::cool:
</fantadomat>

Jinn

Arcane
Like everyone ever, they probably overstated the length (I don't see it being 60-90 hours long), but if you take your time and do everything available to your build, I think it can be a 40+ hour game.

Yeah, I agree with this too. I'm at evening time on day 3 at 18 hours with quite a lot of sidequests I need to finish up. I'd be very surprised if I made it through the rest of the game in 10 hours.

I think a lot of people saying they've completed the majority of side content might be a little off. I believe they have completed the majority of side content they have found, not the total amount available in the game. Obviously this will vary with builds, as I think a lot of sidequests are discovered because of proficiency in certain stats. Still, it can be misleading to say "I've completed 95% of the content in the game" when you don't even know for sure if you've missed a lot of things that weren't revealed to you.

Regardless, boasting about a 60-90 hour playtime was a bad move, because I can't see how you'd get 60 hours out of it without a replay being factored into that number. It was an overzealous misstep, but certainly not one that can't be forgiven.

Hey, there's fan art. Waiting for the slash fiction.

EHRonr7UUAAFusF
Excuse me but EVERYONE knows that the one true pairing in Disco Elysium is
the crusty old communist and the cryptid. All alone out there on the island for years. Horny out of his mind watching miss Oranje through his scope. The cryptid's pheromones driving him even more wild and out of his mind.

Make it happen, drawfags. :bounce::bounce::bounce:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom