Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

George Ziets opening a new RPG studio - Digimancy Entertainment

Codex Year of the Donut
If "Commiefornia" is so bad then why does anything creative of merit come from there? When was the last incline CRPG to come out of the flyover states?
devs behind Serpent in the Staglands were based in Illinois prior to release and moving like 5 times

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Useful website: https://www.gamedevmap.com/index.php

California has BY FAR the largest videogame industry of all US states. Washington (mostly Seattle) is in second place, Texas (mostly Austin) is third.

Well-known companies that are located in atypical states: Bethesda Softworks (Maryland), Epic Games (North Carolina).

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Exactly Infinitron ,

Post some non neckbeard, non incel games this person has worked on.

He falls into my who is MCA, Sawyer and others you nerds espose.

As I said, post some games by this no-name I might have played.

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
So, you geeks can't come up with a game name?

I've been playing PC games since the early 80s.

SURELY I must have played one of the awesome games by these no-name devs.

Name it.

Zep--

Darkzone

Arcane
AFAIR he blacklisted the Codex, cancelled an already arranged interview, and funnily enough threw Infinitron under the bus (blamed the leak on Infinitron and punished the Codex because of that). The real blame was on TechLand, but inXile went with Beeker's version of events. We then remembered how he was Zyklon Beekers on NMA forums, saying how he'd gas the jews again if it ever came to that (or something to that effect), saying nigger this nigger that, etc, but unfortunately that never went anywhere. Beekers humiliated the Codex and escaped justice.
Ah so. So basically he played the "blame the jew" game and now he is in Commiefornia playing the "PC" game. Talking about hypocrisy.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Useful website: https://www.gamedevmap.com/index.php

California has BY FAR the largest videogame industry of all US states. Washington (mostly Seattle) is in second place, Texas (mostly Austin) is third.

Well-known companies that are located in atypical states: Bethesda Softworks (Maryland), Epic Games (North Carolina).

So what? If anything this speaks against California. Despite their humongous talent pool and access to capital their output of quality is pathetic.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
People who have been interviewed about Wasteland 3 in recent months other than Brian Fargo - Tim Campbell (game director), Jeremy Kopman (lead area designer), Thomas Beekers (senior narrative designer). At this stage in development they could probably fill lead designer tasks.

So Brother None is now the senior narrative designer? That's quite a career.

Why do we hate him again?

We dislike Zyklon Beekers for his vile antisemitism and disgusting persecution of the noble Infinitron

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Wait, are we just going to pretend there's nothing fishy about him leaving Wasteland 3 prematurely?
There has to be some thoroughly disgusting story that made him snap.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Wait, are we just going to pretend there's nothing fishy about him leaving Wasteland 3 prematurely?
Do you only quit your job after snapping? Never left a company because you wanted to do something else? R u 4 real?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hopefully Matt Barton will ask him about it in the full interview. If he's evasive and refuses to give a straight answer, you'll know something happened.

(Alternatively G Ziets could just tell us right now.)

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Do you only quit your job after snapping? Never left a company because you wanted to do something else? R u 4 real?
He wanted to do something else in the middle of a project he's in charge of. Move along, nothing to see here.
Yeah, so?

99% of the time he's going to be in charge of a project, 1% of the time he'll be "in between projects". He's in between projects only one day once every 2-3 years. The rest of the time he's "LEAVING BECAUSE OF DRAMA"?

As someone who left in the middle of a project and was given a lot of shit for that once, I strongly disagree. People aren't slaves, they're free to quit their job any time with a couple of weeks' notice.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron

Knowing how disgusting, smarmy, and talentless people like Fargo and Zyklon Beekers are, I have no doubt they drove Zeits crazy as we saw with Feargus and Avellone.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
:M https://www.linkedin.com/in/thomas-beekers-60847b21/

George Ziets said:
I worked very closely with Thomas on Wasteland 3, and I could not have asked for a better “right hand person” to manage the narrative design team. He excelled at everything we gave him (which was a lot) - coordinating the schedule for the writing team, writing and editing a ton of dialogue, designing a zone (and coming up with some of the most memorable characters in the game), and more. Thomas exemplifies what I consider to be ideal leadership qualities in a creative field, putting the needs of his teammates above his own and radiating a sense of calm when development gets hectic. I’ve come to rely on Thomas’s passion, tireless work ethic, and conscientiousness… plus he’s got a great sense of narrative. He’d be an asset to any design team and could easily handle a management role.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
:roll eyes:

Parting euphoria + "if I don't leave a positive review they'll think I'm rude", etc. I don't believe a single one of these linkedin reviews. Only glass door reviews, and even that with reservations.

As much as I'm edgy here, I only leave positive reviews for others, even if I think they suck. This is to show others I'm professional.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Yeah, that's just George being a bro and writing a letter of recommendation. I mean, we can judge ourselves the quality of Beeker's workmanship by the games he's worked on.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Well he didn't leave one for Fargo so you've still got that.

I do think Brother None is talented. He's a smart guy who got trapped in a doomed hell project (Torment), lost his sense of proportion and made a really bad call.

The Torment devs used to post here a lot, but then they left. Partly it's because the Codex got too edgy for them, but I also think part of it is that they realized they'd fucked the game up and in some sense became too ashamed to stay.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
:roll eyes:

Parting euphoria + "if I don't leave a positive review they'll think I'm rude", etc. I don't believe a single one of these linkedin reviews. Only glass door reviews, and even that with reservations.

As much as I'm edgy here, I only leave positive reviews for others, even if I think they suck. This is to show others I'm professional.
Isn't it an option to simply not leave a review? According to his Linkedin George only wrote reviews for 7 of his inXile coworkers (excluding Saunders), and it's not like he only worked with 7 people there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom