Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Arcanum Unofficial patch 2.0 released! (UPDATE)

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
What I always would have liked is that if your magical aptitude is so high, tech near you, wielded by your friends or enemies, starts to actively fail.
Gunfighter has more critical failures and misses until he has a complete misfire, bombs thrown don't go off until much later, or go off in air, etc.

Yrvyne

Novice
Indeed it would, but then again it does make sense story-wise. Magick has existed since the beginning of time whereas technology's spread is still in its infancy (lifetime of Gilbert Bates. Technology itself is ancient given that the dwarves themselves are an ancient race but their only contribution to its wildfire spread was access to the same to Bates.

d1nolore

Savant
Wasn't I always more the other way around though? Doesn't the presence of technology obstruct magic. It makes more sense that magic would weaken or fizzle out than a tech item would not work.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
The mines are so much better with no melee character, even fun, traps aside.
I had to let go Magnus when the main char alignment dropped under 0 but Vollinger and sogg are enough for now.

Made a break, though but i'll finish this playthrough, it really makes the combat more challenging to use a full gunner party along with the races and evil alignment restrictions.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Just installed UAP 1.5. The menu lags like shit whenever I mouse over the menu text. Fix?

Edit: and can't get windowed mode to work.

Last edited by a moderator:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Does this patch do anything noticeable in regards to graphics and gameplay or is it just bug fixes?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

bug fixes and high resolution patch. I think some cut content too, but it's minor stuff. not like the VTMB patch or anything.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
so, whats better, this patch or the latest multiversum edition? I think about replaying the game

Yrvyne

Novice
Auraculum you may wish to re-read my comment. I wrote that "technology's spread is still in its infancy." Spread does not mean the technology itself but its proliferation.

Xeon

Augur
I have used this patch for my playthrough and things were fine for the most part but the ending slides just cut off no matter what. I tried making the resolution 800x600, I got different slides but it also got cut off.

Really wish there was a highlight items or intractable or something to make searching for dropped items easier. Oh and telling fucking NPCs not to pick up shit.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Some update:

Announcement: @everyone Drog Black Tooth is back on working on UAP 2.0 and says he has received $800 in donations. This means $200 more in donations will secure UAP 2.0, so feel free to donate again if you still want those extra playable races. Below is an excerpt of an exchange, our mod @Vedlom had with him over Steam
unknown.png

You can donate here if you haven't already: http://terra-arcanum.com/drog/uap.html

Modron

Arcane
Don't think he was going to balance anything, I once had a conversation with him in shoutbox and urged him not to sawyer the fun out of the game and he agreed. Hope he finishes the Race Mod patch before the coronavirus gets him in China.

pidstuff

Educated
I'm envious of magic users. They get to teleport left and right, while the only staff that I relied on to teleport gets fixed in the latest UAP. Now I have to manually travel. Can't even use trains because of Dog.

Marrik

Novice
Hey, when I try to install the new patch I get an error message that says "Extract: Error writing to file Villages.mp3"

Any idea what I should do?

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
2.0 is out!
http://terra-arcanum.com/drog/uap.html
Drog Black Tooth said:
The $1000 stretch goal has been reached, and Unofficial Arcanum Patch 2.0 has been released!

What's New:
- Now includes an optional "Race Mod" module.
- [Race Mod] Orcs, Ogres and Dark Elves can now be selected during character creation.
- [Race Mod] These three races now get unique reaction modifiers just like the other races.
- [Race Mod] These races can now use unique DE, OG, OC markers for portraits and backgrounds.
- [Race Mod] Various cut portraits from pre-release versions of the game have been assigned to these races.
- [Race Mod] Added race based insults for Orcs, Ogres and Dark Elves.
- [Race Mod] Orcs are given Barbarian Clothes during character creation, since they can't wear suits.
- [Race Mod] Added race checks for these races to various dialogs and scripts throughout the game, so that they advance through the quests and the game acknowledges their race.
- [Race Mod] Added 3 new pregenerated characters: a female gnome, a female halfling (both using 70% scale female human sprites) and also one very special gentleman.
- Added an option in the installer to raise the level cap from 50 to 100.
- Added an option in the installer to disable combat music.
- Fixed the problem with the 'Attack' command in the follower context menu acting as 'Walk'.
- Equipping barbarian armor on an ugly character no longer causes everyone to attack you on sight (but the reaction penalty still applies).
- Increased the effect.mes limit from 400 to 1000 for better mod support.
- [High Resolution Patch] defaulted to the software renderer for better compatibility with modern systems.

Grab the update here and make sure to support the further development of the project: http://terra-arcanum.com/drog/uap.html
Awesome news, thank you Drog.

Also, summoning ESh since he didn't believe in him and thought that I've wasted 10$ donating to him. Ye of little faith.

VentilatorOfDoom
It's worth posting as news IMO.

Edit:
BTW, here's a sort of infograph Daegon made a few weeks ago if anyone wants to use it for planning builds and such (for beginners it's a perfect guide):
comment_1581831147E0R5RMc2yzaYsuZT6YgS1S.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom