Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Where will you be purchasing The Outer Worlds?

Where will you be purchasing The Outer Worlds?

• Total voters

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Infinitron announcement trailer for TOW had 10 million views. Those are AAA blockbuster of the year numbers. E3 trailer has 1m which is still good, but then social media engagement literally drops dead and most of the subsequent materials rarely break 50k. TOW subreddit is mostly dead as well.

I doubt this will flop, but after Epic store drama hype really went limpdick. And there was a point when TOW seemed destined to be the next multi billion franchise.
I don't think that's because of the ES drama (which obviously didn't help either). Most normies were expecting the next Fallout New Vegas, a Bethesda killer right after the Fallout 76 fiasco, but the Obsidian geniuses straight out told them that the game wasn't a Fallout successor and that it was going to be yet another linear cinematic game, instead of shut their whore mouths, selling a dream and ride the hype train like most other studios do. They fucked it up.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I'm getting a copy for free on PS4 Pro. But if it's any good then I will definitely buy it on Steam when it releases next year. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm getting a console copy for free then I would never have played it till release on Steam or GoG. I am just not sure how the fuck I'm going to play this at 30FPS and it will most likely be buggy as fuck on consoles as well. So not optimistic.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Now is the time to support 12% incline (7% because it's Unreal Engine???) and strike a blow against Gabe Newell's price gouging

Last edited:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I doubt 98% of potential sales are impacted by people who protest the decision to Epic exclusivity.

It might lose sales of all the casuals who vaguely heard about the game but they don't see it on Steam and then forget about it, maybe.
In the span of ~3 months(announcement -> epic announcement,) the subreddit for Outer Worlds gained 16.5k subscribers.
In the ~7 months since(epic announcement -> today), it gained 8k subscribers.

The epic announcement badly hurt its popularity, it's not even deniable.

It went up from 25k on October 18 to 105k subscribers today. So there's that.

DemonKing

Arcane
Demoed it on my $1 Gamepass trial. Tried with Mouse and Keyboard and controller and definitely preferred keyboard so will probably wait until the price drops to <$20 and buy it then on PC.

Drowed

Arcane
I played it using Gamepass because I already had it. But I'll probably end up buying it later in the GOTY/Extended/Final/Enhanced version with all the DLCs, as I did with several games.

Felix

Arcane
I will buy it properly once there are mods to turn all these fugly female into anime with Wapanese voice, would make it more tolerable.

Uncreation

Savant
I'm not even interested enough to pirate it, much less buy it. But i might tell people that i didn't get it cause i don't want to buy it from the Epic game store or something. Maybe then people will think i'm cool. :(

Nael

Arcane
Youtube. I learned from my 5 year old son that I can just get out a controller and pretend to play a game while watching LPs. Don't have to spend a dime.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom