Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

George Ziets opening a new RPG studio - Digimancy Entertainment

Xeon

Augur
They are probably willing since the dev is a vetran who worked on their IP before. But not sure he can make a KS of it I think since WotC didn't want Beamdog to do one.

G Ziets

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
G Ziets I assume that you are still solo for now? Is a game in isometric view something you are willing to make? One last question, can we expect combat in whatever games you decide to make?

The real final question(s): Do you know about Disco Elysium and have you played it?
I have a partner / co-founder (veteran programmer). Also a few other folks who are tangentially involved but not officially connected yet. We'd be happy to make an iso game, assuming it fits the project and we have sufficient budget. Combat is very likely but its nature will depend upon the project.

I'm definitely aware of DE and very interested in playing it, though I haven't yet. Last couple weeks have been very busy with business setup. I talked to some of the ZA/UM staff on a stream a year or so ago and liked them. Seemed like really smart, fun devs.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
If "Commiefornia" is so bad then why does anything creative of merit come from there? When was the last incline CRPG to come out of the flyover states?
Disco Elysium came from Tallinn, which is in Europe, not in any US state, definitely not in cucklifornia.
I am pretty sure most of Europe is more left than even California. State funded universities and health care and paid vacations and pain maternity leave is every person right in most of Europe. You know the things that Bernie wants to bring to USA and people are calling him a Commie because of it..
You sound like a retard,murican politics are only about muh money while political affiliations in Evropa are based on ideology. Social services are part of every evro country,it have nothing to do with politics. Fuck,you americans are far too stupid and self-centred.
I am not from America.
And everything is about politics. If you don't understand that, you should drink less. Just in case of Europe these political battles were fought and won long ago. America is just a retarded version of Europe and still fighting vs progress.
What battles,we never had a different political views on that shit. As i said that most political conflicts on the continent are about different ideology and they were since there was democracy here. Nobody here was ever "meh healtcare is shit,lets make it private",sure there are different plans and ideas of changing it. Americans are really weird with all that money centred politics,but what is to be expected from soulless people.

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Make the Codex Great Again!
I have a partner / co-founder (veteran programmer). Also a few other folks who are tangentially involved but not officially connected yet. We'd be happy to make an iso game, assuming it fits the project and we have sufficient budget. Combat is very likely but its nature will depend upon the project.

Sounds awesome! Good luck with it!

G Ziets

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
G Ziets congrats at opening a new studio. Are you going to focus purely on making RPGs? Or games of other genres are also a possibility?

Also, what is your favourite RPG from the last decade?
We're focused on RPGs and RPG hybrids. We're interested in games of other genres, but we'd always want them to have strong narrative and RPG elements.

Favorite RPG is a tough one, as there are many I've enjoyed for various reasons, but the RPG I had the most consistent fun with was Pathfinder Kingmaker.

G Ziets

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
So G Ziets when you mentioned creating your own IP you had some specific mythology or time period in your mind?
I have a document that contains a number of them. :) Can't talk about them yet though.

Matt gets into this a little bit in the interview, but there are more that I've never mentioned to anyone besides my Digimancy colleagues.

G Ziets

53f9d8c1dee5adf6691537585c40a0fd.jpg

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
If G Ziets isn’t a big fan of The Smiths/Morrissey, that haircut is just wasted.

I know Moz has been having a good career in the US, but do Americans really know about The Smiths? I am impressed. Very British sound too.

I don't think I ever met any American who knew The Smiths when I was in the US, but that was back when Moz had just moved there.
The Smiths are very popular in the USA, yes, and in my experience, were so even before Morrissey went solo and moved here.

Plane Escapee

Your friend
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Congratulations G Ziets, I wish you all the best. I sincerely hope you'll get to realise your projects. Your writing was one of the few glimpses of light during the cRPG Dark Ages and you've always come across as a model professional, hopefully some of the persons with the money and connections to make things come together paid attention along the way and are willing to invest in you and lend you their IPs.
:salute:

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
George, congrats on starting your business! I really hope you get to do something with Dark Sun, but regardless of that, I look forward to trying the games you develop. Good luck, and best wishes!

Deleted Member 16721

G Ziets Hi. Can you talk a little about what aspects of an RPG are important to you and which aspects your games will focus on? Congrats on starting the new company and I'm very much looking forward to hearing more about your new game.

mindfields

Learned
If "Commiefornia" is so bad then why does anything creative of merit come from there? When was the last incline CRPG to come out of the flyover states?
Disco Elysium came from Tallinn, which is in Europe, not in any US state, definitely not in cucklifornia.
Funny because that game looks like some pretentious artsy visual novel, not a real CRPG.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
We'd be happy to make an iso game, assuming it fits the project and we have sufficient budget.
Yeah, about that, how do you plan to finance your unannounced project? Kickstarter? Some investor (Humble Bundle/IGN like in Disco Elysium's case or Private Division/Take Two or someone/something else)? Your own money?

If it's Kickstarter or some other fundraiser I'm in.

sser

Arcane
Developer
People who have been interviewed about Wasteland 3 in recent months other than Brian Fargo - Tim Campbell (game director), Jeremy Kopman (lead area designer), Thomas Beekers (senior narrative designer). At this stage in development they could probably fill lead designer tasks.

So Brother None is now the senior narrative designer? That's quite a career.

Why do we hate him again?
AFAIR he blacklisted the Codex, cancelled an already arranged interview, and funnily enough threw Infinitron under the bus (blamed the leak on Infinitron and punished the Codex because of that). The real blame was on TechLand, but inXile went with Beeker's version of events. We then remembered how he was Zyklon Beekers on NMA forums, saying how he'd gas the jews again if it ever came to that (or something to that effect), saying nigger this nigger that, etc, but unfortunately that never went anywhere. Beekers humiliated the Codex and escaped justice.

Where's it located? DoA if it's in California.
He said he hires remotely. sser you still interested in writing for (possibly sjw) rpgs?

Sure.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
That's a good point. I always assume that WotC wouldn't want to license Planescape because they turned it down for the Torment Kickstarter, but if they could be convinced, a Planescape adventure would be fantastic to work on.

Thanks!
Congratulations on your new studio. I look forward to seeing your games.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but why Ohio?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom