Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Diggfinger

Arcane
Great interview with Games Radar (not sure if posted already):

- "Looking at the time and budget we had, we really wanted to take the time to make sure it was a polished experience....we didn't want a lot of randomised or quickly-slapped-together content, we wanted to really focus on making the content by hand and making sure it was really fun to play," Leonard Boyarsky

- "The Outer Worlds is a classless RPG; you can build your character in any way that you see fit, investing in skills and perks that you think will be interesting. There is never a single path through any mission, environment, or opportunity, and you'll have plenty of scope to improvise along the way – leaning on abilities such as smooth-talking, sneaking, and fighting as a baseline of how to proceed through each and every scenario that you stumble into. "

-"I think we've evolved since we first worked on Fallout, in terms of our understanding of how to better deliver that experience to the player," Boyarsky

- "The Outer Worlds has been playable from start to finish for about two years! I've played it at least 15 times." Tim Cain

3 more days.

Da hype is real!

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
where iz the hype spaceship?

zlM4QZR.jpg

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Might have work better if I'd replace all of them with Codex faces, but I like the contrast when everybody seems so happy and then there's Codex troll with epic butthurt on his face.

Duraframe300

Arcane
It will get bonus points for how woke it is from all the usual media.

except the woke people already got butthurt about it when leonard said it wasn't pushing any particular agenda and that he used his co-director power to make sure that it didn't.

Woke journos will still only play the phineas route and then say how the Outer Worlds is purely a statement against modern capitalism that happens NOW IN REAL LIFE REEEEEEEE.

I mean even New Vegas was apparently beloved by SJW as well. (I mean in some ways more understandable since the legion fell a bit flat, but still some serious mindbending involved).

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Just left my wife for this. :cool:

Your wife says hi.

my wife left me coz i bought this

Your wife told me not to tell you.

My wife got me this.

She will be getting something herself while you are busy playing.

my wife bought this and

Your wife left your poor ass years ago and is now expecting another man's child.

My wife-eye is getting this right now.

That's not the only thing she'll be getting. The slut. Open wide.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom