Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Quillon

Arcane
EHau91qU4AE3_YR
Finally, someone without a buzz cut!

Who is a lesbian with a quest that'll use the player as the matchmaker apparently. I sense an agenda here :D

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In

hexer

Finally, someone without a buzz cut!

Who is a lesbian with a quest that'll use the player as the matchmaker apparently. I sense an agenda here :D

I don't like the game aesthetically.
I expected something more along the lines of Bioshock 1.
It's obvious they were catering to Overwatch/Borderlands kids.
Also, something is off with the lightning.
It seems they failed to utilize Unreal to 100%.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
From the interviews I got an impression Tim&Leo deliberately structured the setting in a way that gives them convenient excuse to avoid an open world. Boyarsky seemed to be skeptical about open world in the the eventual TOW2. Which would make sense, because the kind of open-ended quest design hese two are famous for requires some degree of control of which paths are available to the player at any given time.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Yeah Steam IS DRM since you have to be online and all that shit to play.

If you can play outer worlds without having epic store open, then I consider that better than steam and on par with GoG.In other words, no reason not to buy it on Epic imo.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/110613-details-for-twitch-plays-the-outer-worlds/

Greetings employees of Halcyon,

As you may be aware, The Board will be conducting a team-building exercise with all of you in order to gauge your decision-making abilities, communication skills, and leadership qualities today at 3PM PDT (UTC -7). Join us at the official Obsidian Twitch channel for this glorious opportunity to help better Halcyon for all mankind!

During this exercise, you will be taking control of the protagonist (or antagonist depending on your choices) and will have the ability to choose to stay true your Company and help The Halcyon Holdings Corporate Board, and subsequently you and all other Halcyon employees, or to help advance the aspirations of the outlaw Phineas Welles.

To do your job and control the avatar in this exercise, you will need to issue commands via Twitch chat, which will be shown in a legend at the bottom of the video. To allow you some time to learn the controls prior to starting, you can review them below:

In order for you all to work together to control the avatar, we will take each of your commands every half second and issue the most commonly chosen one to the avatar. Cooperation is key if you are going to survive the wilderness of The Outer Worlds!

The avatar you will control has been built to have very high temperament to withstand combat better and has some skill in 2 handed melee combat, ranged weapons, and stealth. It is recommended that as your avatar increases his capabilities, you obtain more skill in leadership so that you will have more control over your avatar's companions to aid you on your journey.

We've also equipped your HUD with a compass and objective marker to track your objectives in order to facilitate your work. Use those tools to investigate reports of an abandoned ship that landed on the outskirts of Edgewater. This is your task.

Good luck employees, and do The Board proud!

This is going to be messed up lol.

Thonius

Arcane

If you can play outer worlds without having epic store open, then I consider that better than steam and on par with GoG.In other words, no reason not to buy it on Epic imo.
You can play games on steam without net... you gotta re-login from time to time though( Once in a week or two? Don't remember.)

hexer

You can play most Steam games offline.
I do that all the time if someone else in the house is playing online from the same account.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Dead Captain at the beginning wasn't just a gag, ship had emergency landing and he got a concussion which is why he made the mistake.

Details! Like em'.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Why are people complaining about the epic store, then? If it's compareable to GoG and Steam? Yeah ok, it's another store to download from and visit, which is annoying but.. whatever, right? won't bother me much tbh.

None

Scholar
Why are people complaining about the epic store, then? If it's compareable to GoG and Steam? Yeah ok, it's another store to download from and visit, which is annoying but.. whatever, right? won't bother me much tbh.

Something to do with Tencent and China.

hexer

There are many reasons people hate them... google it.
I personally find them shady since they don't allow user reviews and community forums for each game.
They don't care about your opinion, they just want your $$$

Also, segregation of PC market might increase the game price because of lower sale numbers .. but we'll see!

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
I bought Rebel Galaxy Outlaw on it. It doesn't have DRM infact you don't even need to launch Epic Store to play the game. It works basically just like a pirated game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom