Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
It's been so quiet for almost an hour. Where is everyone? :?

nvm. in the spoiler thread

vota DC

Augur
Sounds like they used drugs to ignore learning cap, that seems very strange, also doesn't make some thought useless?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Since people don't seem to believe me, here are my two different endings:
Leaving things open and fucking things up on purpose is a non-choice - players don't do this, and it steals from you content.
And the fact that you do not get a game over and one NPC is replaced with another in your party in the end is handholding. This makes Tribunal look bad for me from both ways at the same time: you cannot really change the outcome, but you cannot completely fail either since you're just sorta magically survive.
A definition of railroading.

I just don't understand what was so bad about semi-open nature of the game before Tribunal. It was fine.

Last edited:

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Is this a bug?

I'm at the Church where there is a logic check involving the pale. It claims "Pale unknown" for a -10 malus, but I've already spoken to Joyce about the pale extensively, and have Jamais Vu internalized.

Tigranes

Arcane
It is indeed the pinnacle of fantadomat's wit. A Bulgar ceiling.

Day 3 and finally crossed the waterways, and I'm curious to see how a game like this will hold up into the mid/late game. So much of Disco's special appeal is based on its style, but that's something that can also go sour or dull very quickly. You want to meet one Cuno, not five Cunos, but can you provide the kind of shock and delight Cuno did for the player with five other NPCs?

That said, I died to a wall, and then died trying to shave, so things are still looking fine.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Replaying with a 6/4/1/1 character, at the end of day 1. It's an enormous difference from my previous, Physique-focused character, and I'm fascinated by all the new stuff I'm learning. Plot-wise the game may be linear, but in terms of flavour reactivity it blows everything else out of the water.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
40 bucks game without the best graphics in the world, partial voice acting and it's pretty much dialogue based, yet people are talking about it and getting it, seriously, this is the kind of game that normally i wouldn't expect to sell even if it cost 19.99 but i am glad to have been proven wrong.
40 bucks is crazy. I feel honestly ripped off. It takes some time with this type of game (((rpg))) where you find out if it's for you or not. This was not for me and it cost me fucking 40 fucking bucks. There is a line there and this game is violently crossing it. It's not like I can get rid of it now.
:outrage:BOOOOOOO:outrage:

shoulda bought on gog and maybe kickback some $ to UR :0-13::happytrollboy:

but in terms of flavour reactivity it blows everything else out of the water.

Except it's all so fucking contrived and lame.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Christ.
gEleiJ9.png

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
40 bucks game without the best graphics in the world, partial voice acting and it's pretty much dialogue based, yet people are talking about it and getting it, seriously, this is the kind of game that normally i wouldn't expect to sell even if it cost 19.99 but i am glad to have been proven wrong.
40 bucks is crazy. I feel honestly ripped off. It takes some time with this type of game (((rpg))) where you find out if it's for you or not. This was not for me and it cost me fucking 40 fucking bucks. There is a line there and this game is violently crossing it. It's not like I can get rid of it now.
:outrage:BOOOOOOO:outrage:

shoulda bought on gog and maybe kickback some $ to UR :0-13::happytrollboy:

but in terms of flavour reactivity it blows everything else out of the water.

Except it's all so fucking contrived and lame.
Request a refund stating that you were mislead about what kind of game it was. Also your country might have laws superseding Steam's agreement about refunds.

oscar

Arcane
This is actually consistent with most respectable detective stories and cop dramas (think The Wire, The Shield etc. rather than, uh, 24) -- more often than not the gun is an ornament rather than something that actually gets fired.

Note how in The Wire the
one instant of a detective using his firearm.. is a disastorous mistaken identity

This is actually consistent with most respectable detective stories and cop dramas (think The Wire, The Shield etc. rather than, uh, 24) -- more often than not the gun is an ornament rather than something that actually gets fired.

Note how in The Wire the
one instant of a detective using his firearm.. is a disastorous mistaken identity

Not to mention that Harry's killcount for his entire career is 3 - it would be very strange if he was able to match or exceed that over the course of a single case.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Replaying with a 6/4/1/1 character, at the end of day 1. It's an enormous difference from my previous, Physique-focused character, and I'm fascinated by all the new stuff I'm learning. Plot-wise the game may be linear, but in terms of flavour reactivity it blows everything else out of the water.

You're fascinated by progressing through the same linear story as the last time with 5% variation in meaningless flavor text?

What else fascinates you, looking at your toes every morning and discovering there are 5 of them?

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
The life blood of the game = "Meaningless"
thinking.png

Before the launch, gushing groupies kept telling me the lifeblood of the game is in unprecedented freedom of choice and solving incredibly complex cases.

When that turned out to be false, first they responded with:.

1. Denial.

The game will surely open up later!

2. Then came the anger

All those haters are bothering me, moderation please halp!

3. Bargaining <---- this is you.

Trying bargain down your pre-launch expectations from "unprecedented freedom" all the way down to "look, reading meaningless flavor is the whole point".

Next comes the Depression, then finally after much pain and emotional turmoil comes the Acceptance, and you'll finally be ready to accept that this is in fact a visual novel.

:martini:

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'd like to inform you that after getting to know her, I feel strangely attracted to Joyce L. Messier, both intellectually and sexually.

You are just after her money, you whore.
Who needs money, I have empty beer bottles and a boat to sleep under. But I can see the sparkle in her eye. This is a woman in dire need of a good shag. I hope there will be a thought about that.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Joyce is a fancy lady, she wouldn't bang a literal hobo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom