Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
yK66zWW.png

Stokowski

Arcane
VIDEO GAME

OTHER VIDEO GAME

INCLINE

DECLINE

POPAMOLE

VIDEO

GAME
you left out the part where disco stealysium is a book
TIME TO COMPLETE
SEE AND SEE
NUMBERS
OTHER NUMBERS
LESBIANS
COMMUNISTS
LESBIAN COMMUNIST NUMBERS

I like your style! Could you write a review/description in this style of games that are loved and loathed by the codex?

I think it's an AI programmed by BLOBERT

Pegultagol

Erudite
Short impressions so far (on PC Game Pass) playing on hard:

Encountered one showstopping graphical bug so far, stuttering occurring after companion joining party; fixed upon reloading though

Time to time the game automatically saves, maybe timed, maybe location based or as often as XP is earned

Stealth works as expected, can use foliage to hide, and sounds (walking) do alert nearby enemies (can be seen by their threat indicator filling up, then turning red for hostility), do companions trigger alarm? I dunno, they don't get in the way;
enemies on paths move around on set waypoints making stealth possible in these cases

Time dilation works pretty well with melee too imo

A lot of loots, so much loot

The graphics are notable that there are little pop-ins; day-night cycle seems to be 25-30 min

Quests feature different ways to resolve via frontal assault, stealth, etc. Pretty standard fare, with everyone basically requesting for help but masking this a bit better through subtle writing

Turing off waypoints (just visible on the compass and map) seems like good compromise between exploration and completing objectives

The facial expression I have no problem with, looks natural enough to me. The specular glint on eyes are gone, little disppoint there. The left ear flare syndrome is present and distracting.

So far, so good. Cainarsky still represent.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
I really hate game pass so far.. For some god sake reason game is stuck on the menu and that trash login screen doesnt apear. Fuck it. Gonna play via epic :negative:

Menu ost is amazing tho. Great theme :positive:

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Journal seems to give you a little idea of some trivial stuff if you chose to turn off the HUD but I just got a quest that probably requires you to look in an open area and that would be hard without waypoints. Also, I don't like the way that quests are in subcategories it really takes out a lot of the mystery when you decide to take a certain quest.
Now I know that someone is a potential companion since the quest he gave me is marked as a "Companion Quest" in the Journal.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
it's so weird how everyone in video games happen to have mental disorders that affect .1% of the population but ok

Yes and 1/2 of the population is black, and white men are fumbling buffoons and black men are all rocket scientists if you watch TV. So now games (((media))) has simply followed suit w/ the poison that has been pouring out of TV and movies for a good while now. #1 reason to pirate this game IMHO, this only stops when you monetarily punish the globohomo agenda pushers. They will never stop otherwise.

Oracsbox

Awesome met my first lesbian somebody called Mercer..used intimidation ..she attacked some marauders and she instantly got shot and died..incline right there.

Graphics are fairly horrific looking..still getting used to that.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Manage to persuade the two soldiers to fight the bandit outside the ship, and they get slaughtered by just one bandit while I killed the other two.

No wonder they are just waiting there in the first place.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Wait! there's seriously no pickpocketing?!

You need to invest into your sneak skill to unlock pickpocket. :M

edit: need 40 points into sneak to unlock.

Oh great, I still don't like the fact that I have to put my points in one category to have it upgraded.

I need more time to think about how i feel tbh. On the plus side make sense that if you good in ranged weapons , you would know a little bit about heavy , long and hand guns but perhaps 50 points is too much just to be able to spec in one , maybe 30 points? 40? Also it's made with the idea that people not know what exctally they want in start of the game, so you can invest in something more broad then spec, because you already played enough to get the feeling and know what you want.

They don't want you to go invest in something totally blind but without being dumb down , or at least what's supposed to be. Need to play more.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Feels a bit like a mod, there are very few NPCs and the game is really pretty small.

They weren't kidding in saying it'd be short, the areas are *small*

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Awesome met my first lesbian somebody called Mercer..used intimidation ..she attacked some marauders and she instantly got shot and died..incline right there.

Graphics are fairly horrific looking..still getting used to that.

Murdered her and the other grunt and this guy shows up:
JgoaKSg.jpg

A nice bit of reactivity unless that happens every time you exit the ship.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom