Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The whole corporate way of living thing that have taken over as primary culture is intriguing, but for some reason I'm not feeling it 100% like how Fallout and other games grips you from the start.
It's the same gag over and over, right? It's how I felt it would be from watching pre-release coverage. Also, the 1st person perspective takes a lot from the mystery and denies your imagination territory to work on, at least in my experience, so that could also be a factor.

They have a damn leprosy house in the middle of town that the sick & dying have to use with no help from outside so I should feel something here, but it's all just feels too zany.
Clash of zany mood with feeble attempts at social critique.

I see, not sure if I'm in the mood of baby sitting NPCs during fire fights.
Of course. Just as I predicted. I wonder how long it would take you to get so sick of their war cries that you'd stop even using their special attacks :)

Played for a couple hours, game fuckin' sucks. There's not a single aspect of the game that another game doesn't do 10x better.
It tries to be a whole rpg experience without excelling in any particular area and the whole experience suffers and everything about the game feels passable at best, like the minimum possible effort was put into every aspect of the development cycle.
Well, I'm shocked and amazed. :D Which Obsidian RPG does this remind me of?

But at leas the quest CnC should be good. How about the playstyles - is it the same amazing formula "fight, sneak or talk", because people have been coming up with better things in RPGs already.

Also holy shit every single woman including any possible attempts you may make at a female character are ugly af.
Ykes! Unrealistic beauty standards much, you cisty pig? Also: "The technology, bla-bla-bla, this is totally not on purpose"

Where is IHaveHugeNick, this thread needs some denial injected into it fast!

(post-autism rating edit) Infinitron is barely controlling his butthurt.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, do we think this will sell well? I mean, Bethesda are at least doing their best to help boost TOW sales.

Codex Year of the Donut
A lot of the prop placement feels like they had climbing at one point. I'm so close to reaching a bunch of areas but can't.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
But at least the quest CnC should be good. How about the playstyles - is it the same amazing formula "fight, sneak or talk", because people have been coming up with better things in RPGs already.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
I think rpg codex should include women hairstyles as part of reviews game. Seems a very demanded topic in this threads. :P

"While the game has some nice CnC , well written dialogue and great quest design , the hairstyles for the women presented in the game are really lackluster. No hair go past the shoulders.. outrageous +M"

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
I think we need a separate thread for autists who cant get over hair

imagine being such an ideologue that you react violently over some inane dialogue from an ai

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Protip btw: Set your "screen effects" video setting to medium or lower, otherwise you will get heavy blur, cromatic abberation and other dumb shit that make your game look blurry AF even on Ultra.

If your game is stuttering alot, try fps capping at 60, and v sync on.

GG

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
I think rpg codex should include women hairstyles as part of reviews game. Seems a very demanded topic in this threads. :P

"While the game has some nice CnC , well written dialogue and great quest design , the hairstyles for the women presented in the game are really lackluster. No hair go past the shoulders.. outrageous +M"
and for that reason alone 1/10 The Outer Worlds shit game

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
But at least the quest CnC should be good. How about the playstyles - is it the same amazing formula "fight, sneak or talk", because people have been coming up with better things in RPGs already.
you forgot mess with the computers

Codex Year of the Donut
If you save the guard at the start you'll find him in the town much later
…If you save the town, that is.

Unmarked part of the medicine quest: you can turn it into the constable as contraband :M

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
More like: "This game is banal boring shit, has no proper C&C to speak of, it was written and designed by leftist dyke trannies but the shit cherry on top of this dungeheap of a game is the absolute horrid female haircuts. Not only are the devs so incompetent that they can't produce attractive portrayals of women anymore, they've regressed technologically so much that such a simple thing as long hair is now a thing of the past. What they could implement even during the troubled development of Alpha Protocol they are now clueless on how to make work. Yet another sign of what kind of talent affirmative action brings. One wonders if in a decade they will be rubbing sticks together to light up torches in their studio."

Oracsbox

Fell asleep...
Anyway met the space vicar,he hasn't mentioned anything about his sexuality yet, however he has asked me to
find and return some heretical texts...if he doesn't destroy them when I return with them..I'll have no choice but to burn him as a witch

Shadenuat

Arcane
Passing any skill check also gives you a shot of XP, which creates a weird feedback loop where the more you invest in these skills, the more skill points you end up getting. Between the bonuses I got from my companions and the fountains of XP shooting out of every locked door and secure computer, there was basically no skill check I couldn’t pass by the middle of the game. Rather than crafting a unique character with their own way of addressing Halcyon’s challenges, I wound up becoming a jack of all trades with more skills than I knew what to do with, and it felt more disappointing than empowering
tbh same thing was in New Vegas, unless you ignored that INT was the only stat of any worth. with DLCs your level reached into 50s.

as universally expected and true for any aaa RPG, game always comes with 200% more xp than needed and 400 to 1000% more loot than needed.

This is why I never steal in open world RPGs; their terrible economy destroys itself anyway.

Naraya

Arcane
Protip btw: Set your "screen effects" video setting to medium or lower, otherwise you will get heavy blur, cromatic abberation and other dumb shit that make your game look blurry AF even on Ultra.

If your game is stuttering alot, try fps capping at 60, and v sync on.

GG
For me that's the case with most of the games nowadays anyway. The amount of shit applied to images is often mindblowing while having negative impact on the video experience.

After I disable all the crap, then I love to experiment with ReShade but that's on my OWN terms :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom