Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Last good RPG you had played from kwan?

Is kwan still capable to making good RPGs?

• Total voters

Aemar

Arcane
Grim Dawn and Stellar Tactics, even though the latter is still in early access right now.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Discounting New Vegas, I thought that both PoEs were OK.

I think the more appropriate question is when the US last produced a great RPG. They still produce some "ok" stuff but realistically the torch has passed to Europe and Japan for all meaningful purposes.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
POE 3.0 with both White Marches was decent, but by this time most people were already fed up with this game.

Anyway, Americans lost their rpg making mojo around 2015-16.
Hmmm why 2015-2016?? Biowaste kicked off the bucket after mass effect 2,after that they never created even decent game,let alone good or great one. Ahhh fuck i feel old now,Bioware was canadian firm....it became shit only after it got bought by americans. Obsidian on other hand have made new vegas in 2010,after that,nothing of value. So i am curious why you think about 2015-16.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Because as I mentioned before, I consider POE 3.0 with both expansions an okay game. The plot is boring and the world unoriginal, but I had fun with some quests, especially in White Marches. I did not play Deadfire yet.

I am also curious if Cainarsky manage to surprise us with Outer Worlds.

I have no hope for Bioware and despise Bethesda at this point. My only wish is to live long enough to see it bankrupt (Bioware will propably be scrapped after Dragon Age 4 fails anyway).

Last edited:

Egosphere

Arcane
POE 3.0 with both White Marches was decent, but by this time most people were already fed up with this game.

Anyway, Americans lost their rpg making mojo around 2015-16.
Hmmm why 2015-2016?? Biowaste kicked off the bucket after mass effect 2,after that they never created even decent game,let alone good or great one. Ahhh fuck i feel old now,Bioware was canadian firm....it became shit only after it got bought by americans. Obsidian on other hand have made new vegas in 2010,after that,nothing of value. So i am curious why you think about 2015-16.

They kicked the bucket after DA:O, although you'd probably find people who think it was KOTOR or maybe even earlier

While it's true that US developers have really taken a nosedive in the 2000s compared to 80s and 90s (mostly due to consoles, business suit driven development, etc), never forget that the greatest RPG of all time is STILL being developed here: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

visions

Arcane
West of Loathing and Dragonfall, off the top of my head. But then again I'm not sure where some indies are based, like Voidspire Tactics or Heroine's Quest.

Crystal Shard (Heroine's Quest) are a Dutch studio I think.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I consider POE 3.0 with both expansions an okay game. The plot is boring and the world unoriginal, but I had fun with some quests

You see, this is the primal cause of all decline. Being overly generous because of drought or because you had fun in a petty, trivial way of little importance.

You and others like you should be flogged for contributing to the drop in consumer standard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom