Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Avellone mentioned that he provided feedback on two separate days, so likely not misremembering.

The credits:
Playtested by Kristin Meriniit, Tarmo Raudsep, Jürgen Koitsalu, Krisitian Sein, Marten Laur, Märt Belkin, Kristjan Uba, Kristel Meikas, Kerstin Karu, Merle Palk, Martin Kirotar, Justin Hellstrom, Tamas Blogh, Andrel Vahter, Edith Epler, Aleksandr Kuzmin, Raido Vell, Kert Tamm, Andreas Sisas, Mert Batribaygil, Anais Khou, Helen Tuulik, Heiti Kender, Jan Joonas Parve, Jaanus Kaasik, Dawid Niemiec, Ramiro Cibrián Carrasco, Taavi Ansper, Rasmus Roosson, Chris Reintal, Joel Paalamäe, Callum Hancock, Petteri Sulonen
With Special Thanks to Petteri Sulonen, Swen Vincke, Spencer Low, Michael Douse
And everyone at Larian Studios
Additional Special Thanks to Cliff Mason, David Taylor, Quintus Gauti Andersson, Tambet Toomela, 372Kaspar, Katarina Raidma, Mati Taal, Ille Taal, Andri Allas, Heiti Kender, Mari Albert, Abena Jones, Thomas Mitchener, Kaur Klaaman, Martin Õunap, Jan Frese, Carsten Schröder, Tony Li, Max Scott-Slade, Veiko Tamm, Esta Tatrik, Liisa-Helena Lumberg, Tõnis Lind, Jaak Tomberg, Sophie Mackey, Owen Macindoe, Matt Nickerson, Julian Kaljuvee, Jevgeni Berezovsky, Colin McComb, Thomas Beekers, Kevin Van Ord, Adam Smith, Alex Wiltshire, Lorenzo Grimaldi, Evan Koepf, Yves Le Yaouanq, Keizac Lee, Karol Rufus Kubica, Jenny Windom, Victoria Tran, Grace Carroll, Victor Goodman, Aaron Rourke, James Spafford, Justin Hellstrom, Javier Begazo, Chris Wulf, Stephen Hövelbrinks, Doc Burford, Anthony Janeaud, Laurent Victorino, Kara Klaczynski, Chipzel Niamh, Jenna Brown, Richard Cobbett, Gōichi Suda (credited as Suda51), John Gavin Polson, Anna Smith, Mikey Dowling, Adam Myers, Olivia Wood, Hannah Flynn, Haley Uyrus, Rob Vicars, Chapo Trap House, Periphery, Bastille, London Grammar, Trailer Farm, Alys Elwick, Hollie Bedwell, Mary-Alice Thompson, Jack Roach, Dan Porter, Pete Webber, Inxile, Obsidian, Burden of Command, The Glitchers, Kowloon Nights, Indie Mega Booth Team, Indie Arena Booth Team, Dreamhack Sweden Team, Day of the Devs Team, Dialogue Systems by Pixel Crushers, UK Games Industry Slack Channel, Our Discord community, Unity, Articy

They thanked Vincke, Beekers, McComb, Van Ord, Cobbett, Dowling, Larian, inXile, and Obsidian but Chris is nowhere in sight. Looks to me like a deliberate snub. Literally "NO THANKS to Chris Avellone."

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't really need anyone's authority to tell me when an RPG is obviously good, but it's nice to see that.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Oops, looks like we have another patch. Also a new:

The Golden Joysticks - Vote for Disco Elysium!

Hey everyone,

We've absolutely delighted to announce we have been shortlisted for The Golden Joysticks Ultimate Game of The Year!

Ultimate Game of the Year has a dedicated one-week only voting window. Voting is open NOW at https://www.gamesradar.com/goldenjoystickawards/ and will close at 5pm GMT, Friday 1st November.

It's been a little over a week since we released Disco Elysium into the wild and we have been already been blown away by the reception the game has received. Thank you to everyone who has supported us!

6a903261b9ae0f7bc03d0affc31b1698f24231fd.png

Prime Junta

They thanked Vincke, Beekers, McComb, Van Ord, Cobbett, Dowling, Larian, inXile, and Obsidian but Chris is nowhere in sight. Looks to me like a deliberate snub. Literally "NO THANKS to Chris Avellone."

Josh had a beta as well and he's not mentioned either; he did say he didn't submit any issues. Robert mentioned chatting briefly with Chris about this some time IIRC in 2017, said he was extremely chill. Maybe Chris just didn't submit any issues either?

I don't think they have anything against him. Robert at least is a gigantic fan of PS:T.

Hey Kasparov Marat Sar Kras Mazov , why isn't Chris credited? Spite, forgetfulness, or he just didn't do enough to rate a mention?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Failed to run away from paying the bartender and stumbled into a wheelchair lady while giving the bartender double middle-fingers. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Then soon after ended the game because of a nervous breakdown.

:salute:

Not sure yet if the lulz are worth the 40 bucks, but I'm inclined to say they do.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That moment when you failed every single check in the shootout and the story still continues :shredder:

One thing that's very cool about Disco Disco is that characters are like RL people in terms of their depth and masking of what's inside. Is Evrart good or bad? Is Titus Hardie good or bad? Is Klasje? It's very difficult to tell as you play, because there are all these different angles, and you don't have enough information. This is very refreshing in a genre where typical NPCs can be categorized within a second or two.

Silentstorm

Learned
Yeah, that one can continue, though not every check does that, one of the times i talked to the Hardie Boys, i made either Theo or Titus mad enough to kill me and Kim, with the blame being set on us two being abusive authoritarian cops, despite playing as a sorry centrist cop...kinda made me care less about the group too.

One of the funniest things that happened to me:

I was trying to impress Titus Hardie with my authority, but didn't do the "proper" things yet, so on an impulse, I asked Kim for his gun, and ended up blowing my own brains out.

Silentstorm

Learned
Oh yeah, your very own skills can give fun dialogue, but also actively screw you over if you put too many points in them, or just screw you over in general, though so far Volition seems to be pretty decent, then again, i certainly haven't had a really high Volition stat.

Just know he was the only one who told me "Hey, your skills are really lusting after Klasje and not really giving you great advice, maybe ponder things yourself instead of relying only on us?" and that kinda makes me trust it more...there must be some way of Volition royally screwing me over i didn't find yet considering how this game works.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Does anyone know whether there are upper limits to the usefulness of skills? I raised them to a total of +20 (for 6+stat+skill) by the endgame but never really saw and 20+ passive checks, the highest was 16 or so.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
1200 reviews at 94% positive on steam now.
Not bad for a total niche game that didn't try to pull any bullshit marketing tricks like certain other titles one could name.

Are there any sales figures from the devs so far?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Does anyone know whether there are upper limits to the usefulness of skills? I raised them to a total of +20 (for 6+stat+skill) by the endgame but never really saw and 20+ passive checks, the highest was 16 or so.

Yeah, I try not to raise anything above 8 or 9 unless I need to invest an extra point after failing a check.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
1200 reviews at 94% positive on steam now.
Not bad for a total niche game that didn't try to pull any bullshit marketing tricks like certain other titles one could name.

Are there any sales figures from the devs so far?

https://steamspy.com/app/632470
I don't think that's really accurate anymore with the changes to privacy settings and whatnot?

I don't know, digits were ~5000 around first three days, 20000 after week and 50000 for now. It seems like pretty realistic graph.

Trashos

Arcane
Several times in the game (at least three), I've noticed that the game makes references to "dark outside, light inside" somehow making it hard to see through windows from the inside to the outside. This is super-weird to me, because in my experience, this is never really an issue if you're actually close to the window, because ambient lighting is more than enough to diffuse any issues of reflection unless the difference is huge, and if the difference is huge, you'll still have light from the window itself spilling out onto potential window sills, back yards, and balconies, taking care of the would-be issue.

It does not sound strange to me. Technically, light will have to travel from your lamp to the outside object you are looking at (through the thickness of the atmosphere and through the window), reflect on the object and return to your eye (through the thickness of the atmosphere and the window). If it is very dark outside (from other sources), that's all the light that is going to help you. Obviously, the end result depends on a lot of factors, but it is perfectly normal that something outside may not be visible.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Several times in the game (at least three), I've noticed that the game makes references to "dark outside, light inside" somehow making it hard to see through windows from the inside to the outside. This is super-weird to me, because in my experience, this is never really an issue if you're actually close to the window, because ambient lighting is more than enough to diffuse any issues of reflection unless the difference is huge, and if the difference is huge, you'll still have light from the window itself spilling out onto potential window sills, back yards, and balconies, taking care of the would-be issue.

It does not sound strange to me. Technically, light will have to travel from your lamp to the outside object you are looking at (through the thickness of the atmosphere and through the window), reflect on the object and return to your eye (through the thickness of the atmosphere and the window). If it is very dark outside (from other sources), that's all the light that is going to help you. Obviously, the end result depends on a lot of factors, but it is perfectly normal that something outside may not be visible.

I'm currently in a well-lit room and can't see shit outside.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

But that's assuming literally zero other light sources. We're not talking about some cabin in the woods with thick window panes, we're talking about a courtyard flanked by buildings, in a major city. If it's that dark, it's a wonder the people in the courtyard could see anything at all.
Why?

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron

But that's assuming literally zero other light sources. We're not talking about some cabin in the woods with thick window panes, we're talking about a courtyard flanked by buildings, in a major city. If it's that dark, it's a wonder the people in the courtyard could see anything at all.
Why?

Because its 22:34 in Eastern Europe, man. I'm in the town centre, but it looks mostly like Revachol, i.e. not so many light sources.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Because its 22:34 in Eastern Europe, man. I'm in the town centre, but it looks mostly like Revachol, i.e. not so many light sources.
Until I actually see this myself, I'm going to go with my original theory of communist glass.
Hey Kasparov Marat Sar Kras Mazov , why isn't Chris credited? Spite, forgetfulness, or he just didn't do enough to rate a mention?
Probably because of that one time he criticized the politicization of games. Also, I hear that he posts on the RPG Codex like some kind of Fascist.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom