Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Because its 22:34 in Eastern Europe, man. I'm in the town centre, but it looks mostly like Revachol, i.e. not so many light sources.
Until I actually see this myself, I'm going to go with my original theory of communist glass.
Hey Kasparov Marat Sar Kras Mazov , why isn't Chris credited? Spite, forgetfulness, or he just didn't do enough to rate a mention?
Probably because of that one time he criticized the politicization of games. Also, I hear that he posts on the RPG Codex like some kind of Fascist.

You can sell your friends into slavery in PS:T.

Tigranes

Arcane
When you look out through communist glass, the only thing you can see is the shadow of giant antlers urging you to dialecticise

Terenty

Liturgist
I encountered a strange bug where Idiot Doom Spiral and his friends disappear after loading a save, and even when i load old saves he is not there.

Anyone know if they will reappear?

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Because its 22:34 in Eastern Europe, man. I'm in the town centre, but it looks mostly like Revachol, i.e. not so many light sources.
Until I actually see this myself, I'm going to go with my original theory of communist glass.
Hey Kasparov Marat Sar Kras Mazov , why isn't Chris credited? Spite, forgetfulness, or he just didn't do enough to rate a mention?
Probably because of that one time he criticized the politicization of games. Also, I hear that he posts on the RPG Codex like some kind of Fascist.

I know. Good times.
And in Disco Elysium, you can throw your friends as molotovs.
:negative:

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron

I know. Good times.
And in Disco Elysium, you can throw your friends as molotovs.
:negative:

You have no friends in Disco Elysium.

Silentstorm

Learned
I encountered a strange bug where Idiot Doom Spiral and his friends disappear after loading a save, and even when i load old saves he is not there.

I think i just downloaded a patch on Steam, has that changed anything?

If not, damn, maybe see if anyone has had the same problem and fixed it, and yep, the game sadly has quite a few bugs that i can only hope will be mostly fixed.

Game is great so far, only real difficulty is dealing with how awkward the PC is at first, but I'm already going from hobo-cop to superdisco-cop. Managed to "convince" an "innanimate object" to give me 100 reals :obviously:.

But how in hell do I get the corpse down?
  • I visited the boss. I think I got the id card, but that's just for returning to the main area?
  • If I can't shot the rope/belt the only way is by getting to the harbor? Is that across the gate?
  • I got to talk about race theory with the big guy, internalized the thougtht, answered his questions, and then I get another thought (quitting booze). Is he supposed to let me trough the gates? Do I need to press the button of awesome?
No idea what's going on, maybe I missed some very silly detail. I'm in the second day and already discovered the truth abouth the linching (or so I think). Maybe I can already access the next part and I haven't noticed?

Tigranes

Arcane
harbour is area with evrart that meaaurehead is blocking access to. sounds like you went in by the alternate route. you should be able to ask evrart to help get it down if you and kim already concluded that youll need to ask at harbour for help.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
1200 reviews at 94% positive on steam now.
Not bad for a total niche game that didn't try to pull any bullshit marketing tricks like certain other titles one could name.

Are there any sales figures from the devs so far?
The developers lied on their own devblog saying the game could be 90 hours long

https://zaumstudio.com/2019/09/24/disco-elysium-is-a-colossal-game/

And all that bullshit about revolutionary when it's a speech check game, and is like a train based on the fact you're on rails

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
1200 reviews at 94% positive on steam now.
Not bad for a total niche game that didn't try to pull any bullshit marketing tricks like certain other titles one could name.

Are there any sales figures from the devs so far?
The developers lied on their own devblog saying the game could be 90 hours long

https://zaumstudio.com/2019/09/24/disco-elysium-is-a-colossal-game/

And all that bullshit about revolutionary when it's a speech check game, and is like a train based on the fact you're on rails
Actually this kept me expecting more maps and a shift in the story after the murder was uncovered. Maybe they planned to ramp up the stakes with the player investigating the corporation and the union.

I didn't run into that myself, but the gay dude vanished during my playthrough (Didn't show up at night when he said he would) and then appeared the next day, so maybe the hobos will reappear the next day for you too. Then again the gay dude probably has triggers to place him in new locations since he moves around while the hobos never move, as far as I know, so you may be SOL.

harbour is area with evrart that meaaurehead is blocking access to. sounds like you went in by the alternate route. you should be able to ask evrart to help get it down if you and kim already concluded that youll need to ask at harbour for help.
Is there any way of getting the corpse down other than shooting the strap or getting help from Evrart/Measurehead? Can't say I noticed any at the time.

Terenty

Liturgist
I didn't run into that myself, but the gay dude vanished during my playthrough (Didn't show up at night when he said he would) and then appeared the next day, so maybe the hobos will reappear the next day for you too. Then again the gay dude probably has triggers to place him in new locations since he moves around while the hobos never move, as far as I know, so you may be SOL.

Yeah, gotta check maybe they are gone for the night and early morning, and then appear latter in the day

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer

Silentstorm

Learned
Disco Elysium: The Suprise Hit story.

But yeah, i would gladly pay for a DLC, or a sequel, please tell us that is being made or at least considered.

tripedal

Augur
Mike Laidlaw is streaming it right now:

When asked about the influence of DE on RPG design: "People will hold all RPGs to this standard, without recognizing what it took to achieve the level of writing here [...] It's going to have a huge impact, we're very much going to be in a post-Disco Elysium world..."

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom