Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

Shadenuat

Arcane
86512489.jpg

ur side quests

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Another Cheat Engine table, now with the option to turn off thirst/hunger/fatigue while staying on Supernova difficulty.

https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?p=109557#p109557

All scripts should work on both Epic and Windows versions.

Unlimited Durability
No Reload
Unlimited Item Use
- Trash to Duplicate Items
Unlimited TTD
No Hunger
No Thirst
No Fatigue
Enable Save Game
Enable Fast Travel
Instant Reputation (when earned)
Reputation Pointer (don't know if game triggers extra events when the reputation is earned vs setting it with this)
Player Pointer
- Experience
- Skill Points
- Perk Points
- Skills (Bonus)
- Skills (Invested)
- Attributes
- Health

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
interesting setting ruined by worthless interns

Female interns. That photo someone posted earlier ITT? All dudes are coders and autists, all women write or design costumes. That's why the combat is good, the costumes all right and the writing sucks.

whoever was responsible for the textures

Should be shot, kicked into a shallow hole and powdered over with quick lime.

Shadenuat

Arcane
nah man that's one who plastered all the AAA effects over textures. the actual walls in houses and stuff are purty.
if you remove excess garbage U4 does its job.

Question for people who don't like the writing: How bad is the writing? Is it "Whatever, let's move on"-bad or is it "I actually feel sorry for these simpletons"-bad?
both

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
In the future we have left behind race and nationality, but not the ~2019 bay area social outlook, problems... And hairstyles.
I'm half expecting some nimby or whatever it was called stuff to come up.

Prime Junta

Prime Junta wait, basic ass relationship anxiety is liberalism now (and apparently everything is blackface?)?

That was an example of bland, uninspired writing springing from the mind of someone who hasn't led a very interesting life. So, yeah, middle-class white California liberal. :M

Anyway, I didn't intend to get drawn into this argument this early. I'm not even quite sure what I think about the game yet, let alone ready to defend anything I say about it. All opinions are subject to change without notice at this point.

Question for people who don't like the writing: How bad is the writing? Is it "Whatever, let's move on"-bad or is it "I actually feel sorry for these simpletons"-bad?

"Whatever, let's move on" -bad at this point.

Pegultagol

Erudite
About 'wokeness' and gender issues, it really bears mention, that most of the NPCs in the game supposed to be just or sympathetic are female. Spoilers abound but hear me out.

Edgewater has Adelaide, the leader of deserters, supposedly a benign grandmother figure whose motives are outlined to generate sympathy, while Tobson is portrayed as some sniveling snake through and through. Funny thing is, even if you side with Tobson, there are ways to 'make right' and persuade Tobson to step down, who then uncharacteristically becomes acquiescent to close the loop on the questline. Who replaces Tobson? Why Adeliade, of course! Another example of this female male dichotomy is seen in the deserter camp where a male engineer who is clueless about his profession sends you on a chase to get some books for him while a runaway female who sought company of marauders is seen to be resourceful enough to not only survive the encounter but even considered a 'queen' among the feral group. No need to be rescued, she will go wherever she pleases, thank you very much.

Moving to the next location, Groundbreaker, the leader of the station is a female, the contact that Phineas has you meet is a major female NPC, and the Sublight boss who is portrayed as a resourceful broker in complete control is also a female. All with short hair. The only major male NPC I can recall is some crazed maniac with unique flamethrower and a sniveling Board idiot whose feelings for Hawthorne remains ambiguous.

Now onto the third location, I more or less start to abandon prospect of meeting any positive male figure, but I still remain hopeful. I unerotically thirst for any male character worth some measure of admiration now, practically in supernova duress. Then I meet Anton, character with the possibly worst personal qualities so far encountered in the game.

I have not felt this way before, but from Deadfire and on I feel this irritating and encompassing fatigue, of this male as archetype beaten mercilessly into subdued and compromised positions, sometimes I look at my male character and feel sorry for him for having a penis. Maybe I should break emergency glass with hyperweapon and raep across Japan.

But seriously, my enthusiasm for the game has fallen off pretty much, it is quite surprising even to myself. It is really too bad the first time I actively disdain a game for it, it had to be a Cainarsky game.

just

Liturgist
ace was a brand of juice, ace being the vitamins

ok, ive found what wlw means. women loving women

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The answer to all the questions ITT is - American RPGs are dead, smothered by veganism and estrogen. Play based chad Eurojank instead.

Altho we gotta wait till spring 2020 to see if the rot hasn't spread to Polant too.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Just getting ready for the final mission.

My character might be the captain but it sure as hell does not feel like it I don't get to have a personality or opinion it is madness. The ship feels like a shared house with strangers living together the personalities of your henchmen are exactly the same as an average person depicted on MTV reality TV shows.

I don't know how they managed to make the characters so abrasive and unlikable it is almost as if they did it on purpose. They are draining and bland objectively. The henchmen on every single mass effect game are superior to these dregs please make the comparison yourselves.

This is making me feel nostalgic for Mass Effect Andromeda. I just want to finish this final mission and never think about this sad game ever again, let it drift into obscurity along with Tyranny and PoE2. It is profoundly sad that Obsidian has fallen even below Nu-Bioware. Why did they do this?

Dexter

Arcane
whats ace wlw
It's Tumblr Speak and doesn't really mean anything beyond "I'M SPECIAL":
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=aroace
https://ace-and-aro-wlw-positivity.tumblr.com

More importantly, I found this interesting and posted about it in the other thread:

Someone extracted a word list of words supposedly "banned"/filtered by the game: https://pastebin.com/jTDiYsAy

I'm not putting this shit on my HDD, can anyone check if this is accurate and words like
"Beaner", "Bimbo", "Cunt", "Darkie", "Dyke", "Faggot", "Feminazi", "Gays", "Gringo", "Hitler", "Homo", "Kaffir", "Lesbo", "Mongol", "Muslim", "Nazi", "Prostitute", "Queer", "Rape", "Retard", "Tranny", "Transexual", "Transgender"
etc. are also "unavailable"?

And if true, what does Obsidian have against the "Gays", "Muslim", "Queer" and "Transgender" anyway?

just

Liturgist
after a deep dive into tumblr
ace = asexual don't know why the C, to confuse retards like me
aro = aromantic
can also be both of course, aroacre
can also go deeper into more specific definitions, but that requeires masters degree in gender studies.

im thinking of constructing some obscure gender mixed person and bug dollarhyde on twitter about it. you think she'll include it in the dlc or one of the games down the line?

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
p sure 'ace' stands for 'asexual' which, like self-diagnosed autism, is 99.9999% of the time just a justification as to why the person fails at relationships

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom