Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeah, because Greedfall has *romances.*
Not limited to that.
The game references suggestive material in the dialogue (e.g., “We could ask at the brothel if it belongs to a prostitute”; “How can these so-called religious men dare abuse these young people?”); in one sequence, players can initiate a cutscene in which a woman straddles and kisses a man on a bed—no sexual acts are depicted, as the scene fades to black. A handful of female creatures are depicted topless.

Have to go to the French to get the existence of prostitutes acknowledged (though I'm aware Bloodlines 2 plans to have an obnoxious take without complete elimination).

ArchAngel

Arcane
"normals" are loving this game it seems. And it will surely sell better then Disco and win more awards as people are happy to have a Bethesda copy/paste but with less bugs.
This is it for RPGs from NA for at least next 5 to 10 years. At best we might get some indie rpgs, the rest will be shit.

ArchAngel

Arcane
"normals" are loving this game it seems. And it will surely sell better then Disco and win more awards as people are happy to have a Bethesda copy/paste but with less bugs.
This is it for RPGs from NA for at least next 5 to 10 years. At best we might get some indie rpgs, the rest will be shit.
at least it's an RPG
It is action game with shit rpg systems (full of 3% boosts) and bad writing and safe non interesting world. They might as well removed RPG system and went more cinematic like Mass Effect.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It is quite ironic how a game about evul corporations have like 10 corporate,unskipable logos.
That's another thing that had the unavoidable stench of hypocrisy and non-commitment before it even came out. They can't criticize capitalist companies in any significant or relevant way because they are one. It will inevitably turn out that not capitalism or neoliberalism is the problem, but outlying institutions which don't represent the status quo, or even worse, it might turn out the victims are the problem.
at least it's an RPG
It's a shooter.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
(full of 3% boosts)

well shit i might missed something. The only ''3% bonus'' that i saw was aptitudes , that are meant to be a joke more than actually mean something and one perk that increases the whole part armor by 5%.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
That's another thing that had the unavoidable stench of hypocrisy and non-commitment. They can't criticize capitalist companies in any significant or relevant way because they are one. It will inevitably turn out that not capitalism or neoliberalism is the problem, but outlying institutions which don't represent the status quo, or even worse, it might turn out the victims are the problem.
I see I'm going to have to explain this again: the people behind the creative work here are the employees, i.e. proletarians. The capitalists in charge of the companies can't care less about the contents of the work, all that it matter is that it sells well.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I see I'm going to have to explain this again: the people behind the creative work here are the employees, i.e. proletarians. The capitalists in charge of the companies can't care less about the contents of the work, all that it matter is that it sells well.

They do care, they won't greenlight something that makes them look bad or something which isn't as safe as possible. The lizards only care about profit, true, but that profit won't come if certain criteria aren't met.

Codex Year of the Donut
at least it's an RPG
It is action game with shit rpg systems (full of 3% boosts) and bad writing and safe non interesting world. They might as well removed RPG system and went more cinematic like Mass Effect.
I hate ESLs

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
They do care, they won't greenlight something that makes them look bad or something which isn't as safe as possible. The lizards only care about profit, true, but that profit won't come if certain criteria aren't met.
Anti-capitalist content is appealing to consumers right now, it does fit the criteria.

Alexios

Augur
Patron
Nice to see you fags being overdramatic like usual just like when POE1 and POE2 came out. This forum has no taste like usual. You guys hate nearly anything that isn't made by some obscure indie developer.

I know exactly what ratings you cock suckers are going to give this post. Well, you guys can suck my black dick because I don't care.
Cite to page 1 of the obsididrone instruction manual next time:

Don't defend the game at all. Write off any criticism as "overreacting" or motivated by anti-Gamergate 4channery. In fact, don't even play the game. Anything Obsidian produces is sacrosanct and even touching it interferes with its holy status!

Prime Junta

Talking with Parvati/doing her quest I never got all that stupid apandered sexuality vibe from it. I thought she just had autism or something. She shows a bunch of symptoms a high functioning autistic person would show.

She straight-up tells you that she's not comfortable with physical intimacy and she's worried about it making her crush not like her. You must've skipped right through the dialogue if you missed it. (Can't say I blame you.)

Perkel

Arcane
There are some incline stuff in UI in options.

- removal of quest markers
- changing dps to damage
and few other stuff that makes game better.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Okay, 5 hours in, I gotta say I'm not seeing this alleged flood of SJW content. With Disco Elysium some people were convinced the game is trying to force them to join communist book club and it seems we're having the same mass psychosis here. First woman I met had normal hair, first town is run by a dude, no angry lesbians are accusing me of being a patriarchal oppressor and no people are stopping me on the street asking how to change their gender. I also I have yet to meet one person who talks like a valley girl, even though the game was supposedly full of them according to Propagand-Junta.

So far couple of women had leadership positions and some of them had freaky hair, that's about it, hardly out of ordinary for a modern game. Reading some early impressions made me think TOW guns are shooting rainbows and every NPC is trying to trick you into sucking his dick, but none of that materialized so far.

Seems like some posters are just running around chasing imaginary SJW boogeyman they already convinced themselves exists before even launching the game.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Talking with Parvati/doing her quest I never got all that stupid apandered sexuality vibe from it. I thought she just had autism or something. She shows a bunch of symptoms a high functioning autistic person would show.

She straight-up tells you that she's not comfortable with physical intimacy and she's worried about it making her crush not like her. You must've skipped right through the dialogue if you missed it. (Can't say I blame you.)
That's another sign of autism.
Going to go out on a ledge here and guess a lot of these people with 47 genders and 23 sexualities might actually just have some real disorders.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom