Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
They can't criticize capitalist companies in any significant or relevant way because they are one.

It's like a new anti-capitalist corner in the Disneyland.

"Get our red popcorn with a small Soviet flag for just 4.99 or grab our new MarxMan - wink - BB gun and win a plush figurine of great leaders like Lenin, Trotsky or Che for your significant one! additional BB pellets charged extra"

Turuko

Learned
How fucking easy is this game? :?
I'm pretty sure i bungled my "build" too
Playing on hard due to the save limitations of supernova, but I'm thinking of starting over

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
So, how bad is the SJW infestation? So far my impression is that between the writing and forced epic/microsoft stores, I can safely ignore this one.
It's surprisingly pretty ignoreable.

6kS1XSZ.jpg
I have to wonder if you guys are ESLs because that's not the first thing a native English speaker thinks of when reading that line.

Let me know when you guys loosen up a bit, so you can understand jokes that actually go your way.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
TAA isn't going anywhere in the foreseeable future unfortunately since the engine tech direction chose to go this route. The only way out of blurriness is to basically play on higher res screen or downsampling. This isn't unique to this game and there are good reasons companies are doing it due to the type of rendering.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
first town is run by a dude
not for long.

also, wait for it.
it has to grow on you. :shitposting:

Well good thing the game let you convience the deserts and still let him run the town.. IMO Best option , he's pretty decent folk even if he's brainwashed and really wants to make the town a better place while the old lady is a revengeful bitch that prefer fuck over him than actually do the right thing for the town
that use human corpses as fertilizer

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So far couple of women had leadership positions

What? Almost every leadership position is represented by a women. Granted, I am only in Groundbreaker Area, but so far the only exception was that dude in the cannery, but it was obvious that he is bad/wrong and that the botanic grandma is the good girl.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Playing on hard due to the save limitations of supernova, but I'm thinking of starting over

Somebody already posted a modified .ini file that removes thirst and whatnot from Supernova difficulty. They should also remove the permadeath of companions as well.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Nice to see you fags being overdramatic like usual just like when POE1 and POE2 came out. This forum has no taste like usual. You guys hate nearly anything that isn't made by some obscure indie developer.

I know exactly what ratings you cock suckers are going to give this post. Well, you guys can suck my black dick because I don't care.
:gangster:

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria

A literal retard should have no problems regardless of build. It follows the Deadfire school of balancing with the game at release being balanced for very young children and the disabled.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I give up. I simply cannot enjoy it anymore.

I hoped that maybe the story, the quests or the writing become better but they didn't. The game is just a long river of uninspired and bland writing.

And after 10h+ with this game somehow I still don't care about the main story or any companion. It's that bad.

On Monarch I've tried to convinced myself that maybe I could play it for combat.

Bad idea. I can handle mediocre but ToW's combat is not even that. I cannot hit shit without VATS. The mobs animations are wrong. They are moving slideshows.

If you don't kill them fast or you don't invest in your companions then the combat is just random stuff happening on the screen.

Anyway, I cannot take it anymore. Complete failure of a game.

uninstall.exe

Edit: This might be the first game from Obsidian which is not worth pirating. Kudos to Tim and Leonard.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Okay, 5 hours in, I gotta say I'm not seeing this alleged flood of SJW content. With Disco Elysium some people were convinced the game is trying to force them to join communist book club and it seems we're having the same mass psychosis here. First woman I met had normal hair, first town is run by a dude, no angry lesbians are accusing me of being a patriarchal oppressor and no people are stopping me on the street asking how to change their gender. I also I have yet to meet one person who talks like a valley girl, even though the game was supposedly full of them according to Propagand-Junta.

So far couple of women had leadership positions and some of them had freaky hair, that's about it, hardly out of ordinary for a modern game. Reading some early impressions made me think TOW guns are shooting rainbows and every NPC is trying to trick you into sucking his dick, but none of that materialized so far.

Seems like some posters are just running around chasing imaginary SJW boogeyman they already convinced themselves exists before even launching the game.

Are you fierce like Parvati?
48963988752_674db76ef5_o.png

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
i am glad you all tried it so i need not

gonna stick to laggy disco on that long flight, baby

Disco Elysium is much better than this. Despite all its shortcomings, DE kept me glued to the chair up until the end.

On the other hand, ToW is just a soulless piece of shit and the first Obsidian game which feels like it was developed by Bethesda.

What a shame.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Now that I've given up tho....it's like I kicked the dumb ugly whore out but got left unfinished.

Maybe I'll start another New Vegas playthrough? That's an hour of drudgery with installing mods tho.
Maybe imma finally buy Greedfall? That one is still around 30 bucks on key stores tho, not sure I wanna spend that much on this.
I still have the latest Deus Ex sitting on my shelf and apparently it's not that bad...
I've been also waaaaaaiting for Insomnia's 1.6, I so wish it already dropped, fuck.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Witcher 3 for one. That's head and shoulders above this, warts and all.

Witcher 3 is NOT the same type of game as this one, and we're obviously galaxies apart if you think so. Also it's massively overrated.

P.S. Fucking thrilled you can turn specific HUD elements off in the .ini file. 90% of them are pointless and as usual for console ports the HUD is way too fucking big. All I left on were the health and time power bars.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom