Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Here's what's going to happen if you drive Infinitron away

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Infinitron can we get a clarification on what the codex official policy towards negative threads about developers is? Are they to be buried immediately?

Can we get this out into the open, the policy I mean, so we can stop pretending like there's freedom of viewpoints?

DarkUnderlord what's the official policy?

Crispy Scruffy anyone?

Why is this thread in "gaming drama" and not in "Obsidian" subsection? What's so special about it, other than it being negative towards developers? Why was this thread even split apart in the first place from the main OW thread?

Mark Richard

Arcane
I rely heavily on The Codex, and by extension Infinitron, to filter gaming news. He must suffer daily sifting through trash gaming articles which push a tenuous connection to the latest Marvel movie or assert that a video game character's attire is problematic, while I sit back and reap the fruits of his labour. So my thanks to him and all you other frequent posters of news who've kept my body pure for another day.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
Infinitron can we get a clarification on what the codex official policy towards negative threads about developers is? Are they to be buried immediately?

Can we get this out into the open, the policy I mean, so we can stop pretending like there's freedom of viewpoints?

DarkUnderlord what's the official policy?

Crispy Scruffy anyone?

Why is this thread in "gaming drama" and not in "Obsidian" subsection? What's so special about it, other than it being negative towards developers? Why was this thread even split apart in the first place from the main OW thread?
just stop

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Actually Infinitron called me a dick today in Shoutbox when he thought I wasn't looking, apparently in response to this post.

So if you're all sick of him and want him gone then fine by me.

old-man-laughing.jpg

overly excitable young man

Well Mr. Crispy often times it's not about what you say but how you say it.
That's a very strong opinion you have there and maybe you attacked something which is very important for him.
You should set things right and tell him that you didn't mean it and just wanted to be funny.
I'm sure he will understand.
It's nothing to be ashamed of.

Frozen

Arcane
What games? We don't need gaming news.
There are only 2 types of games coming out- royale shit for normies and "retro" independent boring crap for basement dwellers (Pathfinder)
Both are equally shit.

Mortmal

Arcane
8 pages...

Has Infinitron been driven away yet?

Zep--
Nothing will ever, even when an obsidian game get the worse thread a game could have on the codex ,even when everyone shitting on months of hard obsidian shilling and newsposting, he's unflinching.

hexer

Maybe you could automatically aggregate CRPG news from other websites on a daily basis to make it easier for editors to publish news?
That's at least what I did for my news websites from 2005.-2010.

Here in the bank we use Mediatoolkit to track some keywords across media in real time. Maybe that could help?
https://www.mediatoolkit.com/

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm not DU but I assure you, the official policy is:

lol cunts!
*drinks Foster's*
*wipes chin with Mensa t-shirt*

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I actually agree that Infinitron has been great for the news side of the site. Way better than before. The forums side though... during his reign, the whole "lets divide the same number of people under a bewildering array of new subforums, sub-sub-forums, and split every thread and redirect them to megathreads" has been absolute cancer. I don't know that he's solely responsible for that, I'm sure there are other moderators who are just as autistic about this stuff, but that's my one real gripe. I can't say it's unique to RPGCodex though, this is an internet-wide problem in the current moment where moderators think it is their job to stick their nose into everyone's business and micro-manage everything, rather than just removing objectionable content and keeping stuff like spam from getting out of control, as was the original purpose.
Well, that and the neutral positive review stuff. I’m not sure what payoffs he or someone who pays him gets from the Steam curator or if he’s just wanting to get more traffic to the site and the owner of the curator only links to positive reviews, but it’s pretty obvious that it happens. Go check out the steam curator. There’s not a single “not recommended” on it.

I first came to this site because it was one of the few places that had gamers with my taste in RPGs who actually told the truth about games. No 5 page cookie cutter Bethesda rimjobs about that Fargoth quest and finding a pearl in a clam etc screaming Game Of The Year. No neutral positive cope sessions about Kickstarter garbage.

I like Infinitron, don’t get me wrong. But these two issues I remain pissy about.

I think that most of us don’t actually want him to leave though and just want him not to ruin the site. Maybe that’s an unfounded fear, but I think it’s one most of his detractors share. That someday DU is going to permanently take his hands of the reigns and Infinitron is going to start purging wrongthink, deleting threads and plastering 10/10 Obsidian reviews on the front page.

My 2 cents.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
We have it pretty good with Infi, even if I do dislike things he does sometimes.

Way better than the shitshow we'd have if it was still Vince in charge, that's for sure. At least Infi doesn't actively advocate for or against anything specifically, at least not that I have seen.

I'd rather have a million sub-forums and thread splits that ocassionally trigger me instead of what we would have had under Vince, which is half the forum banned for disagreeing with him.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I for one appreciate our (((benevolent overlord)))

Why dont you start a donation campaign for infinitron.

Let's raise some shekels for Infinitron so he can get a spa treatment and feel better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom