Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
all that fucking voice acting money
endgame location level 30 quest - find 5 lizards in sewers

:stunned:

there is also collect 3 different clothing sets quest

Ohhh those sets are nothing :),the fallow ups even better :smug:

n3M6cgz.png

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
That is a nice attempt to sidetrack from your original retarded point.
Of course not. Please, tell me more in which ways PS:T had worse gameplay than this uninspired husk. Humor me.

You think planescape had good gameplay mechanics worth defending? Please tell me more. Imagine saying that planescape had good gameplay just to own the libs. It is like that dude who used to go on vegan protests and eat raw meat just to own the soyboys.

Deleted Member 22431

All the shit they said about leaving Cain and Boyarsky alone to work on their dream project just like they want it led me to that sorry fate.
Oh my god, you people are delusional. Have you all missed that presentation where Tim Cain said that the original Fallouts were too complicated and that we should replace the stats with geometric figures? He is basically the cRPG Antichrist, the harbinger of doom.

Prime Junta

You think planescape had good gameplay mechanics worth defending? Please tell me more. Imagine saying that planescape had good gameplay just to own the libs.

The "PS:T had shit gameplay" meme is way overblown. It would be fair to say that PS:T had wildly uneven gameplay, varying from the terrific and innovative (exploring the Circle of Zerthimon with Dak'kon, changing class at a whim by talking to your companions after you've gotten them to a certain point) to the passable (most combat encounters up to and including Curst) to the frankly bad (combat encounters after Curst).

But let's not talk about PS:T in this thread, it'll just make this more depressing.

Have you all missed that presentation where Tim Cain said that the original Fallouts were too complicated and that we should replace the stats with geometric figures?

I didn't. I remember the thread too. It turned out that many Codexians can't into data visualisation and think that makes them s.m.r.t smart.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
is asexuality an actual sexuality?

No it isn't. This is caused by a hormone imbalance or mental trauma from being molested, similar to homosexuality. All of these illnesses are caused and can be cured.

To even pretend that these illnesses are going to be in a SCI FI setting with space ships and plasma guns is ridiculous to say the least.
"I'm asexual"

quest notification: take Parvati to the doctor dungeon
(optional)

first you sort out her hormone issue (THE SALTUNA IS TURNING THE FRICKING FROGS GAY!!!), then she starts expressing doubts about her lesbianism, then you put her in charge of maintaining your hyper weapon!

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
That is a nice attempt to sidetrack from your original retarded point.
Of course not. Please, tell me more in which ways PS:T had worse gameplay than this uninspired husk. Humor me.

You think planescape had good gameplay mechanics worth defending? Please tell me more. Imagine saying that planescape had good gameplay just to own the libs.

It really did have pretty decent systems and reactivity outside of combat. Of course, OTW's combat is better than PST's, both in relative (compared to other games of a similar genre) and absolute (compared to each other) terms alike. Quality of content is no contest, tho.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I guess I kind of did. All the shit they said about leaving Cain and Boyarsky alone to work on their dream project just like they want it led me to that sorry fate.
You shouldn't have believed them. Or maybe this IS their dream project. Welcome to aging has-been territory, you've been in here for a while but the haze hadn't worn off yet.

Shadenuat

Arcane
think i found blackcat

86514565.jpg

also she is arrogant, spoiled and... funny?
I think this is first female character I found amusing and her quest is about ruining other people chances of getting a better life (she doesn't like low life trash working class in her lawn)

ok i need to follow up on this quest, because I think, after searching for drugs in piles of lizard shit, we have found 1 Troika-looking quest in game.
quest marker: ACTIVATU

............nevermind, quest was predictable.
but ending was funny

Last edited:

Deleted Member 22431

The "PS:T had shit gameplay" meme is way overblown. It would be fair to say that PS:T had wildly uneven gameplay, varying from the terrific and innovative (exploring the Circle of Zerthimon with Dak'kon, changing class at a whim by talking to your companions after you've gotten them to a certain point) to the passable (most combat encounters up to and including Curst) to the frankly bad (combat encounters after Curst).

But let's not talk about PS:T in this thread, it'll just make this more depressing.
PS:T had an itemization that reinforced the main themes of the game; trash mobs or not, the combat was D&D based, which is light years ahead of this fucking piece of trash.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron

Have you all missed that presentation where Tim Cain said that the original Fallouts were too complicated and that we should replace the stats with geometric figures?

I didn't. I remember the thread too. It turned out that many Codexians can't into data visualisation.

Just to be clear I am not saying PT was a shit game. I am just pointing out the hypocrisy in his post and codex in general. Yea PT had better characters, and some cool dialogue interactions, art etc... But the gameplay systems were absolute trash. It was barely a game and yes having better gameplay systems than PT is trivially easy in many regards.

Syme

Arbiter
LoL guys,i don't know what you are talking about,the dyke quest is the best!

12Z0H5R.png

I went trough all that whining and fedex garbage only to make them have a date......then i crouched in a corner with my ultra hunting rifle and squished that melon hard!

:smug:

20 hours of garbage for this.....it was worth it!!!

Btw. there is nothing preventing you from ordering Parvati to open fire on the chick. She immediately whips out her gun and goes to town, only to then turn around to blame you for murdering her love.

On a side note, the voice actress does a really good job here IMO. It really is heart-wrenching when she delivers those lines and it's kind of a shame that most people won't ever hear the stellar work she did here.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron

PS:T had an itemization that reinforced the main themes of the game; trash mobs or not, the combat was D&D based, which is light years ahead of this fucking piece of trash.

I think that statement is retarded for 99% of codex. What makes combat good is its d&d inspiration? Can you possible be any more of an autistic d&d nerd? Do you also collect trains?

Deleted Member 22431

Just to be clear I am not saying PT was a shit game. I am just pointing out the hypocrisy in his post and codex in general. Yea PT had better characters, and some cool dialogue interactions, art etc... But the gameplay systems were absolute trash. It was barely a game and yes having better gameplay systems than PT is trivially easy in many regards.
Look how desperate these fanboys are. They twist and backpedal, making a fool of themselves. Here, have some rope.

knot-hangmans-noose-black-backdrop-copy.jpg

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Look how desperate these fanboys are. They twist and backpedal, making a fool of themselves. Here, have some rope.

knot-hangmans-noose-black-backdrop-copy.jpg

Yea the guy that no longer plays the game is a fanboy not the "dnd is so good that I will defend the shittiest gameplay systems just because it has the words dnd in it". Nice meme.

countrydoctor

Novice
iKrFjYT.jpg

I have certain... fairly emotional questions to the game designers about the purpose of the flaw system.
Unfortunately, it contains certain strong words from their corporate goodspeak filter so consider those questions censored.

Trashos

Arcane
PST's gameplay was not just the (terrible) combat though, it was also experiencing the setting, the characters, and your character. Even if you don't consider the characters to be "gameplay" in most other games, you can't say that about PST.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
PST's gameplay was not just the (terrible) combat though, it was also experiencing the setting, the characters, and your character. Even if you don't consider the characters to be "gameplay" in most other games, you can't say that about PST.

Yea every single gameplay mechanic not involving text or art is absolute trash. I am not just talking about combat (which you have to do a lot of btw). The builds, the itemisation, etc.

The Avatar

Pseudodragon Studios
Developer
Beat it after 16 hours. I started doing all the quests at first, but then powered my way through from Monarch onward, mostly because at that point everything started to feel the same.
Weapons and armor are just recycled over and over again with slightly different numbers.
There are so many lootables but its always the same thing in them(money, ammo, weapons/armor you don't need). By the end of the game I was ignoring any lootable objects.
Enemies are recycled-You would think that there would be different beasts in different planets, but nope- every planets wildlife consists of reptile-like creatures.

This game has a ton on content in form of dialogue and quests, but not enough variety in the mid-late game to keep it interesting. On the plus side, the first part of the game in really well-done, and some of the architecture in the cities looks nice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom